Sign in to follow this  
justatrekluvr

Star Trek XI: Villians?

What villian or villians should be used in Star Trek: XI?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What villian or villians should be used in Star Trek: XI?

• Cardassians
    • Remans
    • Romulans
    • Q
    • Ferengi
    • New Villian

I think Q is the best villan and should be used. He hasn't done a movie yet.

I voted for Q. He would be great with any cast. He could mess with the time continuum. :D

no not Q!!! i hate Q!!! all his episodes are really corny and pathetic. ive never liked a Q episode and i probably wouldnt like a Q movie.

HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE Q!!!!

Q was awesome!!! His episodes were kinda corny . . . but TOS was also kinda corny sometimes and TOS is good!

Q is all-powerful but seems never quite to know what to do with all the power. He is comical and an interesting character. Q is the best!!!

Thank you for suporting my kind, Xeroc.

There, of course, should be a movie about the Q!

I'll vote for a new villian, the next movie is going to have a mixed cast, so i don't think Q would fit that bill. But i do think were about due for Q to pop up somewhere.

I love Q but he might be too difficult to explain to the non-Trek public they hope will come to the movie. I voted for the Romulans. It would flow very nicely from Nemesis as Riker was off to start negotiations with the Romulans who might not want to talk as much after things get back to normal on Romulus.

Hey, that sounds like a good idea, soong_girl! Just when Riker is just getting comfortable with his new command and then WHAM! the Romulans come in. Yeah, the more I think about it. . . Q WOULD be hard to explain!

I thought in the last couple of Q appearances that he was actually being very good to Picard. In Tapestry he made Picard realize how different his life would have been and in All Good Things he actually helped Picard find the answer. At the end of Deja Q Picard makes the comment wondering if some of the lessons on humanity had stayed with Q - maybe it did.

I agree on that point, soong_girl. So that raises another good question, Would Q really be a villain? I know he COULD be, but he has become less and less of a threat in the subsequent meetings on TNG.

I think that having to explain the whole story of Star Trek to a movie goer is silly. Why are they here if they know nothing about Trek? Q was in so many of the shows and is in TNG, DS9 and Voyager. If you never saw him, you never watched one of the shows...or at least not much. He was great and lots of fun. He should get a movie. If the uninformed want to understand, there is plunty of stuff out there for them to read and get caught up.

Sorry, i get tired of the "make Trek movies for everyone" stuff. Its been around for so long, that if you know nothing about Trek, you must live in a cave somewhere...

Yes, the whole make it a beginners course of Trek for any newbies can get nausiating. I mean, if you don't know Trek but you want to see the movie...great. Either go to the movie and then start watching the shows (TNG on DVD or on TNN, Enterprise, DS9 on DVD or TOS on DVD or on the Sci-Fi channel-if you get that where you are), or rent/watch a few shows and then go see the movie! How many times do us veterans of Trek have to see/hear references to ..See the man with the pointy ears, he is NOT a human he is whats called a V-U-L-C-A-N B) . Or see the man with the visor/strange eyes. . .he is a blind man :D . Or the man with the bumpy head, that is a KLINGON :huh: , can you say KLINGON :) ? I know the examples are completely silly but, come on I DO have a point here don't I??

I mean, you don't go into the Lord of the Rings movie and have constant reminders of ....see the guy with the pointy ears, He is NOT a human he is what's called an ELF. . .like the Keebler commercial :P . They don't do that, and there are the Trilogy of books of LOTR, The Hobbit and The Simarillion to go through.

But, NOOOO they save In Depth Movies For Dummies for Star Trek :bow: !

OK, maybe this is because I don't watch Enterprise. but who in the Heck, is FUTURE GUY????????

:lol: :) ;) :lol: ;) :huh:

You have not even seen the first episode of ENT?

OK, I'll try to explain but please understand very few answers have been given about what the heck he is about. FG=Future Guy.

FG is the mysterious figure we have only ever seen on ENT as a shimmery outline. He lives in the future beyond the events of NEM.

The Suliban are a race of people, which live in the time of ENT.

FG has recruited an army from these people to help him fight a Temporal Cold War or TCW by using future technology to give them Genetic Enhancements like seeing in the dark, being invisible, able to climb walls etc. etc. Suliban who have joined him are called "The Cabal".

That is about all I remember right now but perhaps other readers can add to what I have said.

Actually, you answered the basic question I had, Alterego.

And I have watched the first 3 or four episodes of Enterprise, and it never really "hooked" me like TNG did. Not saying ENT is bad, I just do not keep up with it like my favorite.

Future Guy, could make for a strange and maybe even interesting Villain, if they made an Enterprise movie....

The Suliban and the Future Guy were not on the list. But the Suliban were a truly evil group to the core.

I guess they didn't add those because they weren't thinking there'd be an Enterprise movie any time soon. I mean it IS still on the air.

I probably would have voted for Lore if he had been included. ;) I miss his mischievous smile. :lol: He could probably cook up something by working with another villain although like Q I don't think he works well in groups (unless he is the leader). It could be interesting if he then betrayed his partner because he got a conscience.

Hey, that'd work! And then maybe after he got a conscience, he somehow manages to bring Data back( ;) ) Come on he has to come back somehow! And what better way than to have his brother bring him back. Now the big problem, how does one go about convincing Lore to find Data :lol: ???

I bet it'll an old villian, but with a new twist. Since it's rumoured to take place during TOS, it'll probably be the Klingons. I wonder if they'll use the standard TOS Klingon look.