Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

I saw something strange in First Contact

Click for Spoiler:

Right after the borg battle,When the Enterprise went to Earth,I saw a huge crack across Florida,could it be caused by the Xinidi attack or WWIII?

:(

Huh?? I guess I should add rewatching FC to my list of things to do tomorrow.. A crack across Florida, darn that is my home state :( !

Maybe it could be either of the things you mentioned nemesis59....but, and many people have never heard this...the St. John's River is an ancient faultline, and from time to time we actually get mild tremors, some will actually register on the Richter scale(but it usually is so mild that most people think it could be a large truck going past their home or office). I am pretty sure that the art direction staff of F.C didn't use that bit of information when they did the graphics of the Earth, but it is said in the future(at least 300-500 years) we will actually feel a more major quake(similar to the one that was recently felt in Alabama-I think that one was a 4.9) and a major quake can disturb the landmass and cause a crack, similar to what you said you saw in FC.

I'm watching it on DVD right now and I can't see it. Dunno.gif I did finnaly see the make up line on Data's arm though. :(

I'm watching it on DVD right now and I can't see it. Dunno.gif I did finnaly see the make up line on Data's arm though.  :(

I am going to check it out tomorrow and I will tell everyone what I saw...

hehehe, guess I am going to look at the other scene you mentioned to see if I see that too!

Florida is my Home state,too.

Click for Spoiler:

The xinidi attack kill alot of people in Florida in the Enterprise episode called the Expanse

I checked it out and didnt see any crack, but I did notice that Jamaica was nowhere near on that planet.

And Florida is my state too :(

New Zealand is absent, I read that on movie mistakes.com. interesting site. Anyway, a better question is: is Southern California visible on the globe? If you recall in Future's End VOY, they state LA will be submerged in the Hermosa quake of 2047. I wonder if that is there?

Man....I used to have a Screenshot of Assimilated Earth in my Computer, just after the Vortex closes and just before it switches to 21st Century Earth. Had a TV Card in my Computer and had the Movie running through it...Fullscreen VHS though...but anyway...I look for that next time.

I'm watching it on DVD right now and I can't see it. Dunno.gif I did finnaly see the make up line on Data's arm though.  :laugh:

Habla duwaduwa...

sorry....anyways!!

Click for Spoiler:

Right after the borg battle,When the Enterprise went to Earth,I saw a huge crack across Florida,could it be caused by the Xinidi attack or WWIII?

:grin:

Now that you know where the Xindi do their thing on Fla, does the area of their attack coincide with the "crack" you saw in FC?

Click for Spoiler:Right after the borg battle,When the Enterprise went to Earth,I saw a huge crack across Florida,could it be caused by the Xinidi attack or WWIII?

B)

Now that you know where the Xindi do their thing on Fla, does the area of their attack coincide with the "crack" you saw in FC?

I gotta watch that movie again (3 times now)... still dont see it, maybe i need to wear my reading glasses and sit really close to the screen to catch it. hmmm.... :grin:

Click for Spoiler:Right after the borg battle,When the Enterprise went to Earth,I saw a huge crack across Florida,could it be caused by the Xinidi attack or WWIII?

:laugh:

I gotta watch that movie again (3 times now)... still dont see it, maybe i need to wear my reading glasses and sit really close to the screen to catch it. hmmm.... :laugh:

I gotta watch that movie again (3 times now)... still dont see it, maybe i need to wear my reading glasses and sit really close to the screen to catch it. hmmm....

Yeah, I still need to try to catch that....but I think I've seen it...but I'm not sure.

New Zealand is absent, I read that on movie mistakes.com. interesting site. Anyway, a better question is: is Southern California visible on the globe? If you recall in Future's End VOY, they state LA will be submerged in the Hermosa quake of 2047. I wonder if that is there?

New Zealand is a minor country so we are ignored most of the time. :lol:

New Zealand is a minor country so we are ignored most of the time. :lol:

I think New Zealand rocks :wow:

But now I have to watch it again and take a good look at that globe...

I don't believe it could be from the Xindi attack. They attacked in 2153, whereas the Enterprise was on earth prior to Zefram Cochran's warp flight in 2063...a good bit of time before the Xindi attack occured

And also, if the Borg assimilated earth in the past then I hardly think the Xindi would have attacked that alternate Borg earth at the same time it did in Enterprise.

Click for Spoiler:

:)

I wish I knew I saw the same thing

I wish they hadn't have cut the scene where Picard dons a pink thong and shakes his money maker in a Borg's face while singing ''we are the champions'' by Queen.

I wish they hadn't have cut the scene where Picard dons a pink thong and shakes his money maker in a Borg's face while singing ''we are the champions'' by Queen.

Oh the money I would have paid to see that!!! pant.gif

:huh: :rolleyes: :ph34r: ummmm....I am sure glad that didn't appear in the movie!

Click for Spoiler:

:rolleyes:

It was

Click for Spoiler:

Xindi

Click for Spoiler:

It was

Click for Spoiler:

Xindi

How do you know that for sure?

Click for Spoiler:

It was

Click for Spoiler:

Xindi

How do you know that for sure?

We watched it happen in a recent ENT ep.

Hey, First Contact is on TV right now, hehe.

On abc.

and they're editing the Crap out of it.

AAARGGGH!! I hate it when they do that! What is the point of playing a movie if they're going to cut the heck out of it????!!!