Sign in to follow this  
mj

Are there forums you do not visit?

While I have tried to visit every forum and subforum here at stf.net, I definitely have forums I prefer, and forums I prefer to avoid.

I like to stay out of Risian Humor.

Do you have 'non-favorite' forums?

I spend most of my time hear in the off topic section and cotten candy, i go to games now and again likewise with the personallogs. I dont really go anywere else apart from there.

I have to be feeling exceptionally strong at the moment to enter Kronos. I'm not looking for an arguement or a big debate all the time. So unless there is some Thread on the active list that pulls me in there, I don't just go in there, or try to start topics in there either.

I like Off Topic, Science and Technology, CCF, RPG's when I am in one especially. I can't name the ones I never go into yet, I'll have to go look then come back. OK?

The only one I really don't like is Vic's Place. All the other ones I like, except I never really watched DS9, so, well, I did, but very little. I watch TOS on video from my library. Some of those are referred to alot in here.

Edited by Jeanway

Hmm i guess the one i avoid is Kronos,it gets to hot in some of the topics there and i just dont want the stress,apart form that i think i vist every forum.

Well i like to either Stay off topic or in Kronos.I also like TNG,DS9,VOY and 20th century

But i like to Stay out off cotten candy and out of Enterprise..Thats just looking for trouble

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

I avoid Kronos at all costs. I'll only go in there if somebody sends me a link to a thread they think I might like which rarely happens. Although a week in there would probably cure my low blood pressure. :laugh: I don't look at RPG, just not my thing. I rarely visit games much....actually there are a lot of boards I really don't go into. I mostly like the light hearted boards. Off topic, CCF, personal logs...those are my hangouts. :laugh:

I'm still fairly new here and there are forums I haven't got to yet...

But there are those that I avoid just cause my interests don't see fit...Those ones would be the Voyager ones and some of the Enterprise ones...

I also don't visit the conventions thread since I know when starfest comes to Denver.

I pretty much go into all forums, though if I were to pick one I don't visit on a regular basis it's Kronos.

That section is needed and keeps the "heated" topics off the general boards but I would rather enjoy Star Trek topics and other non-political topics.

I stay out of Kronos except on rare occasions..Also I don't go to the RPG forums or visit the 'Roddenberry Planet' threads that often..They just don't hold my interest..And there are so many other forums and posting that I would prefer to read..Such as the personal logs, the Trek series forums and of course my favs the Utopia Planitia and Trivia forums..

There are several I don't go to very often, like Risa, chat (I can't type very fast :laugh: ), Utopia Planitia, and Role-Playing, but I drop in on most of the others occasionally. I post most often in Off-Topic, Ten Forward, Enterprise, Personal Logs & Games. It just depends. :laugh:

I just visit Kronos, but I don't post there, I don't want to argue with anyone about politics. :laugh:

Well, and I stay out of the Enterprise board, for a simple reason: I can't talk to you about the series since I still haven't even seen part of the 2nd and the whole 3rd season (German TV *sigh*). :laugh:

And I don't visit the Games board either, except for Ensign Beedrill's wonderful game with those little drawings of Star Trek characters. :laugh:

But I visit all the other forums :laugh:

I pretty much stick to the Star Trek related forums, including the trivia forum. I rarely read the other forums, including this one. My love for Star Trek is why I am here.

I tend to avoid Risian Humor, Science and Technology, and the RPG's. Most of the other forums I visit regularly.

I don't do Parises squares. I don't watch football or sports.

Everything else is okay for me.

Mostly I participate in Ent and Off Topic. Sometimes I post in Parrises Squares Court, Holodeck 1 and The Voting booth. I'll post in Movies if there's a new one and occasionally in Ten Forward. These are the topics that attract me to Trek and I try to keep what I do here based on that and avoid any topics that are too personal.

Although I visit it on occasion for a laugh, I avoid posting in Kronos like a plague. It's a mess, but it's nice that it's all kept in one ugly little corner of the site. If I can be completely honest, I find it frustrating that the notion of a "heated debate" seems to be reserved for Kronos. I've noticed that different types of people stick to particular forums and those different forums each have their own feel to them, while others post almost everywhere. I think this has a big impact on the board as a whole.

I also avoid RPG, Games and Vic because I simply am not interested in these parts of the board.

Edited by mj

I post generally everywhere... Although I don't really post on Parrises Squares Court, Qo'noS (Kronos, Star Trek: DS9 (I haven't seen it alot, and I mostly post on the Star Trek: TOS and Star Trek: Enterprise forums...), and maybe a few others...

Frankly, there isn't really any I try to avoid, although I am not much of a sports person, reason for me saying the first on my list...

I like post much of the site.... :drool: I own the most neglected Roddenberry thread... I guess no one wants to move in to a subterranean realm... :spock:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

No Dr

I have that honor

i might have added a ~ or two, That might of got SOME attenion

If I can be completely honest, I find it frustrating that the notion of a "heated debate" seems to be reserved for Kronos.  I've noticed that different types of people stick to particular forums and those different forums each have their own feel to them, while others post almost everywhere.  I think this has a big impact on the board as a whole.

250070[/snapback]

Kronos is reserved for topics that are likely to generate emotion and heated debate. But one must remain civil in Kronos, which is very well managed by AE, to the extent that many who participate at Kronos are quite civil with one another elsewhere on the boards. This would not be the case if Kronos were' a mess' as you stated above.

Elsewhere on the board people disagree about various points related to Star Trek episodes, poll topics, etc. As long as you disagree civilly, you can disagree. But when it descends into personal insult, you have crossed the line.

Just a reminder for participants in this thread. In stating why you may or may not participate in a forum, refrain from insulting everyone else who may choose to participate in that forum.

For instance, I stated that I do not go to Risian Humor. I did not make one comment against those who do.

My reasons for not participating in RH is that the content does not suit me. Read above for other examples why people choose to not participate in a forum, which does not involve insulting those who like the forum.

Thanks mj, it's okay.

Knonos is what it's visitors make it.

I cannot make one group of people be open to the ideals of the other side anymore than they themselves can and when I've tried I end up being angry at both. *bites tounge*