Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

Best 2nd Officer

Who'd you think was the best 2nd officer?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd you think was the best 2nd officer?

• Scotty
    • Data
    • Jadzia Dax
    • Tuvok
    • Tucker
    • Can't decide
    • Not listed because of a mistake by dsbs

Well, we've done best captain, engineer, and first officer, so how about second officer?

I voted for....(drumroll, please, band.gif) Data!! By far. Second favourite would be Tuvok, then Dax.

ok, now THAT is the coolest smilie I have ever seen!

besides, too latee - you can't change your vote!!

This one is pretty obvius, Data of course! And I really mean that, I am not just afraid of the sisters..

no need to be afraid :laugh: - It wouldn't be honest if we went around scaring people! (now, follow me into this little room...)

you die now! pissed.gif

Just kidding, we don't mind! B)

That is a scream!

Of course I voted for Data! And not just because :( !

of course! I would never vote for a favourite CHARACTER just because I thought they were the best looking. If that were the case, I would only vote them for best looking :( (Peak Performance is on now...drool....)

For example, Quark, Garak, and Dax are my favourite DS9 characters, and I think Bashir's the best looking. Harry and Tuvok are my favourite males on VOY and Tom's usually the best looking. McCoy's my favourite on TOS but I think Sulu is the best looking of them (although Sulu is one of my favourites to...)

Anyways, I'm sure you get my point! B)

as far as I know. That's why I posted the "dsbs mistake" option. Why, who are they actually?

I voted for Data of course. Based solely on his record and actions while serving in that position (seriously) I think he was the best second officer a captain could have.

Now Q may call him Picard's pocket calculator, but you have to admit, if you need answers and you need them now, Data's your man!

Everyone who agrees, enter this nice well lit rockin' party room to the left, those that do not, to your right please...no really, you don't hear the sound of 10 hungry wolves....really :(

There were a bunch of cool 2nd's were there not? B)

ok, we've got the best captains, engineers, 1st and second officers, I think we've done docters too...so now all we need is...wait is there anything left? 3rd officers, is there such thing? um...maybe we could do one with best guest star or something...did we do that already though? I can't remember

I went with Dax. After all she had the most life experience to draw from, several lifetimes worth. And she was a lot of fun.

And I swear I hear wolves in that room to the right. :( B)

"AROOOOOOO!"-sound from the room on the right!

"Shut up, darn it..we have to wait for Takara and Lessa to give the signal!"---Yillara holding the door closed, and speaking to the wolves, "What? What noise in the room?? There is nothing in there, really."

Seriously folks, who could be a better qualified Second Officer than Data? Well, IMO he is also equally qualified to be a First Officer or Captain, or even Admiral...but, that is of course IMO.

As of now, the votes stand as: 0,9,2,0,1,0,0! Data in the lead!!

YAY!! I hoped he would remain in the lead!!!

aww why not scotty... if he were in a battle and he broke something..hed fix it..what more can u ask for than that

Because I would vote for him(maybe) in an Engineering poll, but since Data is my favorite...I HAVE to vote for him!!!

Smile sisters of Soong for this time I'm with you! Data wins this contest hands down.

To ansewer the question about if Scotty and Dax were really 2nd officers or not... I know Scotty was for sure since he was always left in comand when Kirk and Spock were gone. I'm not so sure about Dax however. Didn't Worf out rank her? I think it might just be a whole differnt story on a space station.

hmm...dunno. Maybe it is different on a space station. But Worf didn't come until season 5, so I just put Dax down...and there's also the dsbs mistake option :)

Also, Troi ended up outranking Data (WHY WHY WHY HOW HOW HOW??? Ooops, back on topic), and he was still second officer...? I don't know much about the techinical stuf on star trek! I've only been here for about 10 months (since July, I remember it well)