Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

New feature

I've just finished installing a new modification to the board. You can locate it above the STF logo banner in the upper left corner. It's called Member Map and here's what it looks like:

map.JPG

All you have to do is select your your part of the world and stick a pin where you are. Lets see how many pins we can get in the maps.

Wow coooool i better add mine to the map as well then :biggrin: :thumbup:

Yeah they show up good against the back ground,I think its a great feature VBG,i like the way you can put your cursor over the pin and the persons name comes up and then click to that persons proflie,very cool :biggrin:

I've added my pin to the map. :lol:

:) Now the aliens will know where to aim their death-ray... :)

Click For Spoiler
dateline.indo.jpg
lastresort.jpg42.gif Edited by drwho42

Just added mine. Of course, when the aliens arrive, they'll know where to find all of us..... :lol:

Awsome VaBeachGuy! :lol: You are one of the coolest Message Board rulers!

I put mine on. I'm so lonely...

I like the new feature. It gives better understand on where the members are on the planet.

THe Member Maps are looking good, I really like that feature. Some of the older mods might remember that I was working on something like this about a year or so ago but this one is so much better.

I know there will be some people that might not want to "pinpoint" their location and I understand that, I would like to see everyone represented on the map though. If you don't want to put a pin in your location just pick a place (any place) that you would like to have yourself represented and put a pin there. It can be in your state/country but a few hundred miles away from your actual location or it can be several states or countries away, but at least you would be represented.

I would like to have everyone stay on the map screen that they live on though, that way we can see how many live in the US or Europe or Africa etc...

THe Member Maps are looking good, I really like that feature. Some of the older mods might remember that I was working on something like this about a year or so ago but this one is so much better.

I know there will be some people that might not want to "pinpoint" their location and I understand that, I would like to see everyone represented on the map though. If you don't want to put a pin in your location just pick a place (any place) that you would like to have yourself represented and put a pin there. It can be in your state/country but a few hundred miles away from your actual location or it can be several states or countries away, but at least you would be represented.

I would like to have everyone stay on the map screen that they live on though, that way we can see how many live in the US or Europe or Africa etc...

248446[/snapback]

Maybe you should like make this one of the requirements of joining the boards. So when people are filling out their stuff they have to put their pin on too. :hammer:

I wouldn't want to make it a requirement, some people are pretty private and I completely understand that.

I would like to see their pins represented though, even if it's not in the right place they will at least be in the map.

So far we have more then 50 pins on the various maps, it's looking good.

I just saw the map...Very cool!

I pinned and I am the only one in my state...Yay for me.

What's going on with the map? I tried to put myself on it but it dumped me in the middle of the Sea of Japan, disturbingly close to North Korea. If anyone can fix my placement, please stick me in Kyoto.

Here's a link to a map:

Basic Map of Japan

Kyoto is just southwest of the large (though it's tiny on this map) lake in the centre of the country and just north of Osaka. Thanks if somebody can do this.

I'd have to be logged in as you to fix it. Try placing it again and if it still won't go to the right place I can change your password to something that will let me log in as you, then I'll place the pin and log out and PM you with what the changed password is. Then once you log back in you can change your PW back to what you originally had.

I'd have to be logged in as you to fix it. Try placing it again and if it still won't go to the right place I can change your password to something that will let me log in as you, then I'll place the pin and log out and PM you with what the changed password is. Then once you log back in you can change your PW back to what you originally had.

250085[/snapback]

Thanks for offering VBG. I managed to move my pin to the U.S., Canada and Europe, but it just wouldn't stick in quite the right spot there either. Not to worry, I've always wanted to live on a secluded island and this is about as close as I ever expect to get.

250085[/snapback]

Thanks for offering VBG. I managed to move my pin to the U.S., Canada and Europe, but it just wouldn't stick in quite the right spot there either. Not to worry, I've always wanted to live on a secluded island and this is about as close as I ever expect to get.

250093[/snapback]

I had that difficulty as well. I just place the curser slightly more to the right to place that I live right now. It worked for me.

There, I added mine in as well, in the location I'll be living at in about a week...lol. So far I'm the only one to be in Nevada.... :(

Hey Red Shirt Volunteer! I'm Asian as well.

I tried to put my pin on Singapore but it ended up on Malaysia. Maybe it's because Singapore can't be seen on the map or something, it's terrifyingly small =D

But it's a cool feature, nonetheless :(

I'm Asian but I'm ABC

AMERICAN BORN CHINESE

I live in Houston BTW

Bellaire is a suburb in the middle of the city