Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Halloween Banner Contest

Here is my first banner. I hope it went well. :angry:

post-1116-1097524208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Odie

It looks great Odie.. :angry:

How is everybody else coming with their banners? We need more banners for the contest..In case anyone thinks you need a special program..You actually don't !..In fact I made mine in 'paint'..It's just a matter of getting the size of the banner and moving pics and text into it..I use the 'paste from' command in the 'edit' menu to import pics that are on my hard drive..And in paint you can resize them as you want..

Good Luck and have fun..

walking_skeleton.gif

ST is that you in your avatar? If so, (no offense intended but) you make one heck of a Frankenstein!

I put a banner together (my first attempt) but it came up a little short on the ends so I probably wont be adding it to the rotation unless...

ST is that you in your avatar? If so, (no offense intended but) you make one heck of a Frankenstein!

271755[/snapback]

:hug:

Halloween is coming up fast. There is like only a week and a half left..We could use some more banners for the contest..So, I'm just reminding you all to try to put a halloween banner together. You can just create it in paint as I did..See my above post..

Have fun with it.. :laugh:

I've never done this before, but here's what I came up with:

Click For Spoiler
lastSTFbanner.jpg
Edited by Indy

Guest Ktrek

Some really great banners in this thread! Hope some other members participate!

Kevin

Edited by Ktrek

Halloween week is in a couple of days! :laugh: The month went by so fast. That also means that the contest is almost over. And I have to edit my costume too!

DUH ;) I just noticed them at the top of the page. Where have I been? what contest??? I don't know how to make a banner. :laugh: I'd love to give it a shot though. Now that I see them. I even started a new thread asking who made them. :look:

DUH ;) I just noticed them at the top of the page. Where have I been? what contest??? I don't know how to make a banner. :laugh: I'd love to give it a shot though. Now that I see them. I even started a new thread asking who made them. :look:

275387[/snapback]

We'll do another contest just like this one for the Winter Holiday season, so you have time to learn how to do it and practice.

DUH ;) I just noticed them at the top of the page. Where have I been? what contest??? I don't know how to make a banner. :eek: I'd love to give it a shot though. Now that I see them. I even started a new thread asking who made them. :look:

275387[/snapback]

We'll do another contest just like this one for the Winter Holiday season, so you have time to learn how to do it and practice.

275389[/snapback]

K :laugh: How long does it take to make one??? and how do you start?? Do you do it in Test Post??

DUH ;) I just noticed them at the top of the page. Where have I been? what contest??? I don't know how to make a banner. :eek: I'd love to give it a shot though. Now that I see them. I even started a new thread asking who made them. :look:

275387[/snapback]

275389[/snapback]

K :laugh: How long does it take to make one??? and how do you start?? Do you do it in Test Post??

275393[/snapback]

You do it on your computer, start with a blank banner (There's one posted around here somewhere) and then add the elements you want.

It takes practice to get the images to look right.

Maybe later in the week I'll post a "how to"

DUH :o I just noticed them at the top of the page. Where have I been? what contest??? I don't know how to make a banner. :wow: I'd love to give it a shot though. Now that I see them. I even started a new thread asking who made them. :D

275387[/snapback]

275389[/snapback]

K :naughty: How long does it take to make one??? and how do you start?? Do you do it in Test Post??

275393[/snapback]

You do it on your computer, start with a blank banner (There's one posted around here somewhere) and then add the elements you want.

It takes practice to get the images to look right.

Maybe later in the week I'll post a "how to"

275394[/snapback]

There's one at STARTREKFANS.NET > Section 31 > Hailing Frequencies Open > Ask VaBeachGuy

I asked about a blank.

Also, I like the Halloween banners! They're great! Except the Wesley Crusher one... I swear it pops up way too often!

Guest Ktrek

ummm...what happened to the contest? Are we not having a poll?

Kevin

I guess we will have it on sunday. Too bad I couldn't figure out my new paint program to actually make a banner.

ummm...what happened to the contest? Are we not having a poll?

Kevin

276799[/snapback]

I guess we will have it on sunday.

276802[/snapback]

The poll is now added to THIS thread for voting to commence.