Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

All time favorite movies

What is your favorite all time movie?

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

The funniest?

The most thought provoking?

The saddest

Offbeat

Romance

All time favorite - Casablanca

scariest - Jaws

Funniest - Gods Must be Crazy or As Good as it Gets

Thought Provoking - The Killing Fields

Saddest - The Shootist (John Wayne's last) or ST II (obvious)

Offbeat - Dancer, Texas population 84 (did anyone else see this?)

Romance - Buffalo Jump not as boring as most

What is your favorite all time movie? Probably The Shawshank Redemption

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? I don't do scary movies

The funniest? The Blues Brothers

The most thought provoking? A Time To Kill

The saddest Nemesis! Data died!!!!!! sobbing.gif

Offbeat Porky's

Romance Titanic (you all stop laughing right now)

All time favorite movies in order of favorites:

Star Trek 1-10

Stargate

The Time Machine

Lost in Space

Jurassic Park 1-3

The Back to the Future Trilogy

Signs

The Abyss

Ghostbusters 1&2

What is your favorite all time movie? - Star Trek: Insurrection

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? - Deep Blue Sea

The funniest? - Ghostbusters 2

The most thought provoking? - The Time Machine

The saddest - (don't have one)

Offbeat - (huh?)

Romance - (don't have one)

What is your favorite all time movie - Oh jeez.........ummmm.....can't say (Sound of Music, First Contact, Good ol Monty Python....lots more, too)

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen - Monty Python

The funniest - Monty Python

The most thought provoking? - Minority report is the only one I can think of at the moment...

The saddest - Nemesis

Offbeat - Monty Python! If that's not offbeat, what is?

Romance - The one's where you really really want them to get together, and cheer when they do, and "aww" when they kiss.

Favorites:

Usual Suspects

Pulp Fiction

ST: First Contact

Star Gate

Minority Report

LOTR: Two Towers

Gladiator

Scariest: 12 Ghosts

Funniest: Kung Pow

Thought Provoking: Minority Report

Saddest: Pearl Harbour

Offbeat: not sure

Romance: ummm, no idea

What is your favorite all time movie? Pulp Fiction

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? N/A

The funniest? Dogma

The most thought provoking? Saving Private Ryan

The saddestN/A

Offbeat? Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

RomanceN/A

Other than the before mentioned ones they are All of the Indiana Jones Movies, all Star Wars. all Star Trek, Jackie Brown, Resivour Dogs, Snatch, Loc Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Rock & Roll High School, Star Gate, Close Encounters..., all Mony Python films, Gettysburg, Royal Tenenbaums, all Back to the Future, From Hell, Spies Like Us, all Mel Brook's Movies, most/all Bond Films, Thirteen Days, The Fugative, U.S. Marshals, Rat Pack Films, and the list goes on and on

Favorite: "Animal House"

Scariest: "The Exorcist"

Funniest: "Animal House"

Most Thought provoking: "Saving Private Ryan"

Saddist: "Saving Private Ryan"

Off Beat: Frank Zappa's "200 Motels"

Romantic: "Titanic"

Favorite: "The Dirty Dozen", although "The Fellowship of the Ring" is climbing fast

Scariest: I don't do scary movies...although I can name some movies people think are great and I think that opinion is scary!

Funniest: "The Odd Couple"

Most Thought provoking: don't have one off the top of my head

Saddest: I have lots of reasons movies make me cry - only occasionally 'cause they're sad!! :angry:

Off Beat: "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"

Romantic: Not really a chick-flick kinda gal, or a fan of anyone in these movies, but I really like "The Mirror Has Two Faces" and "Chocolat".

My favorite movies tend not to top any lists - Other than the LOTR movies which are worthy of shrines

Has anyone seen any of these?

House of Mirth - with Gillian Anderson

Dancer Texas, pop 84

The War of the Buttons

The Winslow Boy

The Other Side of Heaven

Local Hero - odd sort of movie from the 80's

Deterrence or The China Syndrome - thought provoking

What is your favorite all time movie? Nemesis and First Contact but there are a lot of other movies that I love (Casablanca, Arsenic and Old Lace, Pyscho, Oliver!, etc.)

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Silence of the Lambs

The funniest? Monty Python movies but there are others that I howl through too.

The most thought provoking? The Accused

The saddest - The first movie I cried at was Snoopy Come Home but I can't really think of the saddest movie for me.

Offbeat - Definitely Monty Python

Romance - I'm not really into romance

Another movie that was incredible that I can't figure out which category to put it in is David Cronenberg's Dead Ringers. Jeremy Irons was incredible as identical twins. When he won the Oscar for Reversal of Fortune he actaully thanked David Cronenberg and said he thought the performance Cronenberg got out of him in Dead Ringers was better than the performance he was winning the Oscar for. Trivia point too - this was the first movie that used the techonology so that an actor could be shown playing 2 characters on the screen at the same time. Before this they would cut back and forth between the two but they weren't shown together.

What is your favorite all time movie? Well, besides Star Trek First Contact and Nemesis, the Two Towers, Fellowship of the Ring, Braveheart, Apollo 13, Gettysburg, Glory, Chicago, Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail.. there are sooo many more I cant count

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Nothing is really scary to me but creepy: Event Horizon, One-Hour Photo, and Ghost Ship...OK and The Resurrected was kinda creepy too(at least I think what taht one was called).

The funniest?Monty Python, and Death To Smoochy

The most thought provoking?Mary Reilly, Sixth Sense(just to name two-the fact that you have to think throughout it to figure out the outcome)

The saddest: Nemesis(the end enough said!), What Dreams May Come, Sixth Sense(well scenes from it anyhow...especially at the end)

Offbeat:Death To Smoochy, and Monty Python

Romance: Sweet Home Alabama(at least this is best romance as of right now)

Favorite: "GOLDFINGER" (BEST BOND EVER MADE!)

Scariest: "Aliens"

Funniest: "The Spy Who Shagged me" (Im a Bond fan so Ive gotta love Austin Powers!)

Most Thought provoking: "Saving Private Ryan"

Saddist: "Saving Private Ryan"

Off Beat: Monty Python's "The Quest For The Holy Grail"

Romantic: I dont really watch romantic movies.

Favorite Movie Series:

James Bond 1-20

And of course Star Trek 1-10 and Star Wars 3-6

List your all time favorite movies, then pic one or a few and tell us why you liked them or why you recommend them! Please, no insanely long lists. If you like THAT many, just pick your top 20. :laugh:

Here's my list:

Star Trek 1-10

Stargate

The Time Machine

Lost in Space

Jurassic Park 1-3

The Back to the Future Trilogy

Signs

The Abyss

Here's my recommedation to start us off:

The Time Machine

This is a deffinate favorite becuase of the emotional themes, the time travel elements (well, duh!), and well, just the overall quallity!

Click for Spoiler:

The movie all starts out with an excentric, excited not crazy, professor who's anout to propose to his girlfriend, only she's killed just after the proposal. Well, he invents a time machine to prevent her death. In failing to do so, he goes off on a journy to the distant future looking for answers only to find a truth so unimaginable that it shatters the world he left!

Great special effects, lovable characters, a villian that gives you goose bumps, spectacular sets, a hillarrious Star Trek joke, loads of action, deep emotion, this movie has it all! I highly recommend you rent the DVD. In the special features, I recommend you watch the behind-the-scenes video of how they did the fight scene in the end.

Welp, what are your favorite movies?

It's hard to pick because you can't really compare a movie that you thought was hilarious and a movie that you thought was extremely deep or suspensful, but anyway

Going to pick 3

Pulp Fiction:

Story was ok, but why I like this movie so much is the actual script. The dialogue is just hilarious with a lot of interesting social commentary. The conversations the characters had were brilliantly written.

Two Towers:

Quite simple... I love fantasy and I enjoy huge epic battles. For huge epic battles, it doesn't get much better than Two Towers. So many cool things going on in the movie and even after 3 hours I didn't want it to end.

Usual Suspects:

It's lost some of its muster now that I've seen it so many times, it's one of those movies, for me at least, that I hated the first time I saw and then as I watched it a second time I realized how brilliant and amazing it was.

Usual Suspects:

It's lost some of its muster now that I've seen it so many times, it's one of those movies, for me at least, that I hated the first time I saw and then as I watched it a second time I realized how brilliant and amazing it was.

oh. the usual suspects is amazing. kaiser sosa! they ending! ah! brilliant! (alec baldwin. yuck) oh well! great movie! one of my favorites! can only speak in short, incomplete sentences!

Who's seen THE ABYSS?

i really liked the movie but i disliked the ending. it was kinda corny. still a great movie though.

i really liked the movie but i disliked the ending. it was kinda corny. still a great movie though.

I dont know if it would cange your opinion about it being corny at the end but I feel the Directors Edition is much better.

ill have to watch it. i loved the entire movie except for the ending. i just seemed out of character with the rest of the movie. it had an entirely different feel than the rest of the movie.

What is your favorite all time movie? That's hard. Hmm...I'll cheat and say the Star Wars saga.

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? The Six Sense. The only others I've seen were the Alien movies, and those weren't too scary

The funniest? Airplane

The saddestBlack Hawk Down

Offbeat Conspiracy Theory

Romance Does "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" count?

:D

What is your favorite all time movie? That's hard.  Hmm...I'll cheat and say the Star Wars saga.

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? The Six Sense.  The only others I've seen were the Alien movies, and those weren't too scary

The funniest? Airplane

i thought aliens was scary. alein3 and alien ressurection plain sucked though.

AND YES ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE COUNTS! JAMES BOND ROCKS! Thats one of my favorites. louis armstrong: "we have all the time in the world" great song. GREAT MOVIE.

What is your favorite all time movie? That's hard.  Hmm...I'll cheat and say the Star Wars saga.

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? The Six Sense.  The only others I've seen were the Alien movies, and those weren't too scary

The funniest? Airplane

i thought aliens was scary. alein3 and alien ressurection plain sucked though.

AND YES ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE COUNTS! JAMES BOND ROCKS! Thats one of my favorites. louis armstrong: "we have all the time in the world" great song. GREAT MOVIE.

Yeah, I loved that movie. It's probably my favorite Bond movie. Or at least tied with From Russia With Love.

"We have all the time in the world" was awesome, too. I love Louis Armstrong (though I haven't heard too much of his stuff).

All time movie: Lawrence of Arabia

Scariest movie: I don't get scared that easily (or at least not by fiction), but if I had to pick my favourite horror film I would go with The Wicker Man. Triumph des Willens is the only film that I find disturbing for the regime that made it.

The funniest: The Ladykillers

Most thought provoking: Schindler's List (Definitely in my top ten)

The saddest: Vertigo

Offbeat: Not really sure what you mean by offbeat.

Romance: Terminator...Just kidding although I suppose it could fit into that category. I'll go for Vertigo again.

I highly recommend you rent the Special Edition of THE ABYSS! It has 30 mins of restorred footage that completely changes the message of the movie! 10 or so mins worth is added to the ending, including...

Click for Spoiler:

a massive tital wave!

I highly recommend you rent the Special Edition of THE ABYSS!  It has 30 mins of restorred footage that completely changes the message of the movie!  10 or so mins worth is added to the ending, including...

Click for Spoiler:

a massive tital wave!

I agree the Special Edition version of The Abyss IS much better!!

I did not even know there was a SE of Abyss. I'll have to check it out.

Neither did I until I saw it sitting on a video store shelf, here are some goodies the set includes;

Disc 1.

Both the original theatrical version and the SE with 28 minutes of deleted scenes restored to the film

Text commentary for both versions.

12-page booklet.

Widescreen format (2.35:1)

5.1 THX Dolby surround sound.

Disc 2.

60 min. documentary.

Complete screenplay.

Multi-angles of pseudopod sequence

3 DVD-ROM games.

Extensive storyboards and more.