Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

In The Pale Moonlight

Spike just showed this episode today so I finally got to see it.  it has been a couple of years but man, great episode all around.

You definately get a lot of Garak developement including how he can plan something so intricately that it will work and have the skills to carry it out.

I was also thinking about what the repercussions would be if the Romulans ever found out about the deception.  At least a novel touched on it but maybe in the long future, many years from now, there may be an episode about it.

I will end with a question though:

Click For Spoiler

265051[/snapback]

Here's a map of the different alien territories, you can see near the top of Federation space where it meets Romulan space how it would be a good place for Dominion ships to launch from if allowed to.

Map 1:

Click For Spoiler

Map 2:

Click For Spoiler

Stupid School!!This Episode Was On Today At 1:00 And I Missed It!!During Math Of All Classes!

265099[/snapback]

You can always buy the season 6 set :rolleyes: (which is what I'm going to have to do.)

I was thinking about how this is the first instance where a Star Trek character looked at the screen but then I remembered Rules of Engagement. When testifying at the extradition hearing several crewmembers look directly at the screen in their 'visual' testimonials and speak at it. Hmmmm...

Stupid School!!This Episode Was On Today At 1:00 And I Missed It!!During Math Of All Classes!

265099[/snapback]

Math is a good thing. You were in the right place today. The episode will be repeated.

I was thinking about how this is the first instance where a Star Trek character looked at the screen but then I remembered Rules of Engagement. When testifying at the extradition hearing several crewmembers look directly at the screen in their 'visual' testimonials and speak at it. Hmmmm...

265132[/snapback]

They weren't addressing the camera though, they were addressing the "court" if I remember correctly. Sisko was addressing the camera directly in ITPML though.

I saw this episode recently. I liked it. It was very dark. I love how the Romulan ambassador said "It's a faaaake!". It was cool that Sisko would go through so much to do all that, and how Garak's character peaked a bit more. Definitely a favorite. Shows how much the Captains are the heart of Starfleet.

This was on Spike TV @ 1:00 PM EST today 1st time I saw, and I was lucky I caught it, but amazing I think it is an awsome episode, better then some of the movies, actually this would of been a good DS9 Movie concept IMO

This was on Spike TV @ 1:00 PM EST today 1st time I saw, and I was lucky I caught it, but amazing I think it is an awsome episode, better then some of the movies, actually this would of been a good DS9 Movie concept IMO

359791[/snapback]

I've made no secret about my opinion of this episode, to me this is by far the very best episode in all of Trek (including movies).

I watched it today as well and yes it is great.

But how much do you want to bet Steven McHattie wants the chance to say "It's a fake!" over again every time he watches that scene?

lolzers... watched it for the 10th time ever off my tivo from spike tv and still got the chills..

"Its a faaakeee"

I always think of that line when I watch that episode lol