Sign in to follow this  
LadyNarana

Chakotay

It's been a long time since I've seen a VOY ep...wish they were in reruns here; that's how I get caught up. Is Chakotay related to an Admiral? I heard a reference to Admiral Chakotay on the DS9 ep I'm watching. Too unusual a name to be wholly coincidental. Thanks!

It's been a long time since I've seen a VOY ep...wish they were in reruns here; that's how I get caught up.  Is Chakotay related to an Admiral?  I heard a reference to Admiral Chakotay on the DS9 ep I'm watching.  Too unusual a name to be wholly coincidental.  Thanks!

There was an Admiral Chekote in TNG's Gambit Part 1 but as you can see it was spelled differently although pronounced the same. Admiral Chekote

wasn't of Native American descent

It's been a long time since I've seen a VOY ep...wish they were in reruns here; that's how I get caught up.  Is Chakotay related to an Admiral?  I heard a reference to Admiral Chakotay on the DS9 ep I'm watching.  Too unusual a name to be wholly coincidental.  Thanks!

There was an Admiral Chekote in TNG's Gambit Part 1 but as you can see it was spelled differently although pronounced the same. Admiral Chekote

wasn't of Native American descent

Sounds as if someone liked the name, then!

Although Chakotay hasnt had an Admiral decendent, Tom Paris has. In fact we see Admiral Paris in numerous episodes of VOY. One interesting one was when an Alien tried to take over the ship by using intimidations of each crew member. Tom Paris was "haunted" by the anger of his father.