Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Should the next film star the TNG crew?

Should the next film star the TNG crew?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the next film star the TNG crew?

• Yes
    • No

A simple question that has sort of been done before, but not in a simple yes/no way, as far as I know.

Basically it requires a simple answer to find out where people stand on the issue. I will be voting 'yes'.

I have voted this way in every poll that has been done about this(and there has definately been more than 2...) I voted yes!

I voted yes. I haven't seen Nemesis yet, but the other two were good. In the interest of keeping ST going, by all means!

I have voted this way in every poll that has been done about this(and there has definately been more than 2...) I voted yes!

If there has been a yes/no poll on this topic before then I would like to say sorry to the person who did it first for stealing your idea.

If there has been a yes/no poll on this topic before then I would like to say sorry to the person who did it first for stealing your idea.

I don't think there have been any yes/no polls on this question. I think Yillara means she has voted for TNG to be in the next movie in any polls that have been posted regarding ST XI.

I want more TNG too but it has to have Brent Spiner and/or Patrick Stewart.

I don't think there have been any yes/no polls on this question. I think Yillara means she has voted for TNG to be in the next movie in any polls that have been posted regarding ST XI.

I am sorry if my post was misleading..Takara did assume correctly that is what I meant. That I had voted yes I want to see another TNG movie, in the other Should there be another TNg movie, Should there be another Trek film, Which Cast Do you want to see, Trek XI..ect. None were exactly yes/no polls...but there was options with yes or no on them...

I am sorry if my post was misleading..Takara did assume correctly that is what I meant. That I had voted yes I want to see another TNG movie, in the other Should there be another TNg movie, Should there be another Trek film, Which Cast Do you want to see, Trek XI..ect. None were exactly yes/no polls...but there was options with yes or no on them...

No worries. I was not sure if this exact question had been done before myself, but I thought it would be good to see where people stand without all the 'maybes' and perhaps'.

On the issue of the film franchise, I think I would actually find myself questioning whether I would go to see a non-TNG Trek film if they were not to make the next one. Its a bit sad to say but I don't think I would have the same interest in seeing a Voyager or DS9 film as I have for a TNG one and had for the TOS films. How do you feel on the matter?

I agree regarding the idea of a Voy/DS9 movie. The ratings for when the two series aired were a lot lower than TNG. I can't see Paramount wanting to take the risk. I hope that we have one (or two) more TNG movie and then bring Enterprise to the big screen. I would go to see an Enterprise movie but I know I wouldn't go see a Voyager or DS9 movie in the near future. The idea of an all new cast makes me shudder - I don't want strangers up on that screen. It's fine for other movies but not Trek. Trek is family!

I agree regarding the idea of a Voy/DS9 movie.  The ratings for when the two series aired were a lot lower than TNG.  I can't see Paramount wanting to take the risk.  I hope that we have one (or two) more TNG movie and then bring Enterprise to the big screen.  I would go to see an Enterprise movie but I know I wouldn't go see a Voyager or DS9 movie in the near future.  The idea of an all new cast makes me shudder - I don't want strangers up on that screen.  It's fine for other movies but not Trek.  Trek is family!

Mind you, I'd rather have a new cast than a mixed cast any day. I hate cross-overs (shudders).

I think Enterprise would be the best option to finally take over the films as it has a very strong cast and with someone like Scott in the show it is bound to pull in audience loyality from his personal fan base.

I voted no. I want to see one of the following, doesn't matter which:

Deep Space Nine

Voyager

Mixed Cast

I say TNG's over with, it's too early for ENT, and a new cast wouldn't do anything for me. As long as they make a DS9, VOY, or mixed cast movie, I'll be happy! :(

Oh, forgot to add: If they do a 5th TNG movie, than I'll see it opening night, but if they want to move on, then that's fine, as long as it's not a new cast. :innocent:

Hope you don't kill me, but I voted no.. I voted yes in the past polls, but I've changed my mind and think it is time for TNG to move on and bring different people in.

And even if they did TNG, it wouldn't be the same without Data..

Hope you don't kill me, but I voted no.. I voted yes in the past polls, but I've changed my mind and think it is time for TNG to move on and bring different people in.

Don't worry Stelfan, we won't kill you - only torture you with the comfy chair and the soft cushions (sorry Monty Python moment there). :innocent:

You are so right about it wouldn't be the same without Data. I still want to see the sequel that John Logan had in mind though. I think it would be a really great Romulan story. It would be fantastic. His script was brilliant. And if there were a plausible way to resurrect Data, I'm sure he would find it.

Don't worry Stelfan, we won't kill you - only torture you with the comfy chair and the soft cushions (sorry Monty Python moment there). :innocent:

You are so right about it wouldn't be the same without Data. I still want to see the sequel that John Logan had in mind though. I think it would be a really great Romulan story. It would be fantastic. His script was brilliant. And if there were a plausible way to resurrect Data, I'm sure he would find it.

Yes, don't worry, we won't kill you. Its a bit hard when we don't know where you live! :(

I voted no.  I want to see one of the following, doesn't matter which:

Deep Space Nine

Voyager

Mixed Cast

I say TNG's over with, it's too early for ENT, and a new cast wouldn't do anything for me.  As long as they make a DS9, VOY, or mixed cast movie, I'll be happy! :(

Oh, forgot to add: If they do a 5th TNG movie, than I'll see it opening night, but if they want to move on, then that's fine, as long as it's not a new cast. :innocent:

Captain Picard, might I ask why you made the choice that you did when I noticed that you state TNG as your favourite series.

Don't take this the wrong way as I am not criticizing your opinion, just interested about how you came to your point of view. :(