Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

Another Constitution-class question

Its me again with one of these puzzling questions :) haha. ok now we know the matter/antimatter integrator (that thing in the middle of main engineering) is the origanl Enterprise's verstion of a warp core. But what is in that chamber in the back, with all the pipes?? And where do the pipes go?

No, I the original design allowed for the nacelles to be connected to engineering.

They're the distillery that Scotty uses to make engine room hooch.

Edited by nik

They're the distillery that Scotty uses to make engine room hooch.

Lol! "Aye Cap'n, and when yar' done kickin' the pants off of the Klingons, come on down to Engineerin' and get you some Warp 2 Moonshine!"

I know what you're talking about AS but I have no idea what the creaters thought those pipes (or whatever they are) worked as part of the engines. I doubt they knew.

I'm pretty sure those are power conduits like on the Galaxy Class

249683[/snapback]

I don't remember seeing them on the Ent-D :laugh: and I'm sure if they were there they weren't in the same place.

On 1701 those thingies relationship to the nacelles seemed non-existent. I remember once Scotty (in engineering) said: "Ooh, me poooor engines." while looking back through the wall opening towards those pipes. That to me implied those pipes were the engines.

Can anyone explain how all the mechanical parts shown in TOS work together to create and maintain warp drive like they may be able to for TNG? I doubt it, not enough (canon) info was ever given in TOS.