Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Things I've Learned about RPG's

A few times, after I have started a new RPG and it seems to be going well, one person in the game decides they want to be in charge. The thing is that 'NO-BODY 'is in charge of where the story-line goes. Each new post should take something from the one or ones preceding it and add something new for the ones to follow. Once the title of the RPG is established, which is immediate or it wouldn't be there, each character plays their own part. I don't understand how someone can think one person is in charge.

Also, if you do get into the story doesn't it make sense to have read from the beginning instead of just jumping in with post that makes absolutely no sense concerning what's going on?

There have been some fabulous posts recently. Ingenious solutions to problems in the storyline. People are really coming up with some really amazing stuff. I don't want to single anyone out, you all know who you are. :clap::clap:

I and my fellow game players are having a great time group writing in Instant Messenging. It's like we are on a movie set and we are improvising. Then one of us, in turn, copies it and edits it and posts it in the RPG.

Now I'm talking about the RPG's I am involved in.

Also

1> You cannot take liberties with characters. I.E The character cannot be on the holodeck at one time on the beach and then in Engenerring in the next post unless it was said so

2> It does not matter how long a post it.It could be long or short.But be sure to include all members and give time for them to respond

3> Most inportant be consistant.Are you on a ship,a desert planet.Is your Character a crazy klingon or a quiet Vulcan. there are no ice caps on a Desert planet,No lakes on a Starship (unless on a holodeck)

Anyone interested in some really fun Trek simming should some see me for a couple of Websites that are really great

In one sentence you say you can't take liberties with characters, then in the real story you say your ignoring me. Your in or your out. You can't be involved in a storyline if the other participants can't mention you, refer to you or say you said anything. You tell people they are ignoring you but you told them to. :blink: You can't have it both ways, Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

You can't involve ALL members in every post, that's nearly impossible. Just think about it. :assimilated:

:blink: not this again.... :(

What WAB??? :assimilated: We are discussing specific issues, we are not fighting. :laugh: How can we resolve an issue if we don't talk about it?

One> There is a difference between taking liberties ie killing off a character and wrting somthing about them

Two> you ca't be involved with a storyline that does not include you because two people are hog up the board.Especially if there is three novels posted before you get a chance to respond

Three>I don't know if we are fighting...But thats beside the point

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll