Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

Do you think Lore should have been in Nemesis

Do you think Lore or B4 should be in Nemesis  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Lore or B4 should be in Nemesis

• B-4
    • Lore

lore would have been better, but with lore there wouldve been absolutely NO hope for data's revival. at least with b4 we have some hope because b4 is a good guy.

We knew Lore had been disassembled in Descent Part 2 so they would have had to come up with some way to explain how Lore ended up where he had. If it had been Lore there is no way they would have let him anywhere near the Enterprise. They would have just left him there in pieces.

Yeah, they would never would have let Lore get anywhere near the Enterprise....after all their previous mistakes with him..I am sure they finally learned their lesson.. And then again B4 accessed the ships computer to help out the bad guys too, even though in his case, he had no idea that he was doing a bad thing...

I voted B4 should have been the one in Nemesis, as he of course was. Even though I kinda wanted to see Lore appear again....

not really sure how to vot here. Lore was not right for Nemesis, but i did not buy into the story of B-4 much, so..

I loved Lore. He was great and it would be wonderful to see him again, but not sure how it would work.

Did you notice that way before Nemesis was released in Movie theater, Lore was supposed to replace B-4 in Nemesis?I remember I saw a screenshot picture and it said that it was Lore. Just to let you know. :innocent:

I did not know that nemesis59...However I did have a really funny argument with my little sister in a parking lot. She had just seen Men In Black II and had seen the Nemesis trailer. She goes "Did you know that Lore was in the movie?" I told her that that was not Lore she saw, she saw his brother B4. She did not believe me at all and we argued on and off until I went to see the movie(I went with my brother). When she discovered who B4 was and what he was like..she decided that she was going to boycott seeing Nemesis (B4 p***ed her off that much!) Note for those who don't know already...My sister's favorite character of TNG is Lore(this smilie works for her feelings about him--> :innocent: )! She says she may come over to watch Nemesis at my house when I get the DVD, she still is not sure especially since she is also quite irked with the ending(she also knew I was devistated by it)!

I voted for B4. It would have been nice to see Lore, but it would not have fit with the story line, as I agree, there is no way that they would have brought him aboard the Enterprise. Much less reassembled him.

Did you notice that way before Nemesis was released in Movie theater, Lore was supposed to replace B-4 in Nemesis?I remember I saw a screenshot picture and it said that it was Lore. Just to let you know. :bow:

Actually, there was never any plans to bring back Lore. Originally, Data's "brother" was going to be called B9... Benign... "be nice"... kind of a joke. However, the script was leaked out, so they changed it to B4... B4 Data... :bow:

If Lore had been on nemesis it would'nt have made any sense..sure they still coulda used his parts as a lure for Picards crew but really it was much more interestig to see another model of Data rather then Lore...again. :bow:

Did you notice that way before Nemesis was released in Movie theater, Lore was supposed to replace B-4 in Nemesis?I remember I saw a screenshot picture and it said that it was Lore. Just to let you know. :bow:

Actually, there was never any plans to bring back Lore. Originally, Data's "brother" was going to be called B9... Benign... "be nice"... kind of a joke. However, the script was leaked out, so they changed it to B4... B4 Data... :bow:

Actually the reason they changed the name was due to the name having already been used in another science fiction series. One of the robots in Lost in Space was B9.

Did you notice that way before Nemesis was released in Movie theater, Lore was supposed to replace B-4 in Nemesis?I remember I saw a screenshot picture and it said that it was Lore. Just to let you know. :wow:

Actually, there was never any plans to bring back Lore. Originally, Data's "brother" was going to be called B9... Benign... "be nice"... kind of a joke. However, the script was leaked out, so they changed it to B4... B4 Data... :D

Actually the reason they changed the name was due to the name having already been used in another science fiction series. One of the robots in Lost in Space was B9.

Darn, Takara...you beat me again in answering..I need to type faster or be online more often.

Yes, to second it, I believe that it was Lost In Space that had B9 in it.

Eventhough the polls stated that B-4 should have been in the last movie, I think Lore would have made a better screen presence. He also would have given the crew of the Enterprise more trouble if he were teamed up with Captain Picard's younger-evil persona(clone). Heheha :rolleyes:

:cool:

I voted lore, because didn't really like B4 all that much, but that is a really tough question.  Maybe it would have been interesting to see both of them in it..

I think I voted for B4 (but I like Lore much better)

My sister(not on the boards...."Yet" she says) voted for Lore

and we both would agree on the idea of having all three Sons of Soong on the big screen!!!

I voted lore, because didn't really like B4 all that much, but that is a really tough question.  Maybe it would have been interesting to see both of them in it..

I think I voted for B4 (but I like Lore much better)

My sister(not on the boards...."Yet" she says) voted for Lore

and we both would agree on the idea of having all three Sons of Soong on the big screen!!!

All 3 sons of Soong? Ya might as well call it Star Trek: Data! :rolleyes:

LORE ROCKS

Lore, Lore he's our droid.  If he can't do it this passage is void  :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Really showing your poetic side there Abakai!!!

I love Lore too ;) but I don't think his presence would have worked in Nemesis. I would love to see him on the big screen!!

"Star TreK: Sons of Soong" - has a nice ring to it!!! :P

I love Lore too :laugh: but I don't think his presence would have worked in Nemesis.  I would love to see him on the big screen!! 

"Star TreK:  Sons of Soong" - has a nice ring to it!!!  ;)

HEY!! I would pay upwards of 18 dollars to see a Trek movie with THAT title!!!!!! Hmmm...Sons of Soong, now that is a movie I would not have to beg my sister to go and watch :innocent: !

I hope I'm not repeating a question from another thread, but I didn't notice it anywhere...but...

"Where did B4 come from?"

Shinzon said they had to make some modifications or adjustments when they found him, but it was never explained further where or when they(whoever "they" are) found B4.

And why doesn't Data have any idea about B4? You'd think that Dr. Soong would have mentioned it in that NG episode, I believe it's "Brothers"...

Justa thought.

Stingray

I hope I'm not repeating a question from another thread, but I didn't notice it anywhere...but...

Shinzon said they had to make some modifications or adjustments when they found him, but it was never explained further where or when they(whoever "they" are) found B4.

And why doesn't Data have any idea about B4? You'd think that Dr. Soong would have mentioned it in that NG episode, I believe it's "Brothers"...

Justa thought.

Stingray

They didn't explain how Shinzon found B4 in the movie. The original script had B4 saying everywhere he had been but it was re-written so he didn't know any of his past. The feeling being that with B4 less is more.

As for Brothers, it is quite conceivable that Dr. Soong did not not know what had happened with B4. He had no idea Lore had been re-assembled until he arrived. There were many more important things for Dr. Soong to discuss with Data than prototypes. In Inheritance Juliana Soong Tainer told Data that there had been prototypes before Lore.

Justa thought.

Stingray

They didn't explain how Shinzon found B4 in the movie. The original script had B4 saying everywhere he had been but it was re-written so he didn't know any of his past. The feeling being that with B4 less is more.

As for Brothers, it is quite conceivable that Dr. Soong did not not know what had happened with B4. He had no idea Lore had been re-assembled until he arrived. There were many more important things for Dr. Soong to discuss with Data than prototypes. In Inheritance Juliana Soong Tainer told Data that there had been prototypes before Lore.

3 prototypes to be exact. And like Takara has already stated, his origins were not discussed in the movie(or the novel either). As for Soong's knowledge of his son....he was really quite surprised that Lore appeared, since he thought that he was gone. And Julianna also expressed surprise that Data had actually met both his father and his brother. So, what Takara said about Soong not knowing of his son's whereabouts is true....he just had no idea at the time that there were two he didn't know survived.

And as for B4's lack of sophistication, which I know was discussed a few times. One could guess that he was one of the early prototypes that Dr. Tainer mentioned. So that contributes to his simple nature, but she also stated that all had suffered a cascade failure, which is said to be irreparable(as in "The Offspring"). That makes me wonder not so much about his origins(where Shinzon found him), but rather who had the technology to repair his brain, which had completely shut down...due to complete cascade failure. Who has the tecnology, and how did they go about the repairs(the technology was hinted at but never explained in the Trek novel Immortal Coil)? THe cascade failure, could be the cause of B4 acting so much like a child, kind of like a person who suffers severe mental trauma, brain damage, stroke, ect. where they revert back to earlier stages of life....whether it be out of comfort or lack of ability to use their higher brain functions.