Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

Which Lord of the Rings movie you liked better?

which LOFR movie you liked better?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which LOFR movie you liked better?

• Lord of the Rings:The fellowship of the Ring
    • Lord of the Rings:The two towers

two towers. my big complaint is that it wasnt true enough to the book. some of the actions the characters took at the end just didnt seem to make sense in the movie. the book was perfect and it was much more enjoyable. if it stayed closer to the book, it would have been even better. but, the third will be the best movie. it is an amazing book. i cant wait

I voted Two Towers, even though I loved both quite equally!! And I can't wait until The Return of The King!

Smeigol was my fav character in two towers and it was a kick to see him portrayed on the screen. The emotion he brought to the screen was Preciousssss

:innocent:

I voted for Fellowship. I love Two Towers, but Fellowship blew me out of the water when I saw it. 9 times in the theater, 13 times on tape/dvd now. And counting!

I voted for Fellowship.  I love Two Towers, but Fellowship blew me out of the water when I saw it.  9 times in the theater, 13 times on tape/dvd now.  And counting!

Lady Narana...Which version of the Fellowship do you have on DVD?

I voted for Fellowship.  I love Two Towers, but Fellowship blew me out of the water when I saw it.  9 times in the theater, 13 times on tape/dvd now.  And counting!

I had the regular release on tape (which I've now sold, actually) and extended (4 DVD) set. I can't wait until Two Towers comes out. I've only seen the extended edition three times...the others were on the tape.

cool, is it worth to get 4 DVD set while I have two DVD disc?I meant from the very fiirst release of LOFR:felllowship of the ring, I had two disc. :innocent:

The Two Towers. For one reason. And his name is Gollumses, preciousss!

OOOoooo we can'tsss wait for the nexttt onesss, no we can'tssss.

CaptQuick

PS. Yes it's worth it to get the 4 Disk extended edition dvd, for two big reasons.

1: There's no repetition of extras between the two set (but as a consequence of that, there are no trailers in the extended edition.).

2: The Extended edition has 30 minutes extra movie. The vast majority of which is A+ character development.

I have both.

Capt Quick

cool, is it worth to get 4 DVD set while I have two DVD disc?I meant from the very fiirst release of LOFR:felllowship of the ring, I had two disc. :laugh:

I personally think the 4 DVD set is worth it, if for nothing else than the 30 minutes of bonus footage. (More Sean Bean! Ah, now THAT I can handle!) But I love watching behind=the=scenes stuff, and the other two disks are loaded to the n'th degree!

I had the regular release on tape (which I've now sold, actually) and extended (4 DVD) set. I can't wait until Two Towers comes out. I've only seen the extended edition three times...the others were on the tape.

I have the 4 disc DVD too. To anyone who hasn't got it i advise you too. the extra's are amazing, particularly The Weta Workshop who made EVERYTHING. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the film when i saw just how much work and attention to detail was paid. These people were so dedicated to staying as true to Tolkien as possible. AMAZING.

The Two Towers. For one reason. And his name is Gollumses, preciousss!

OOOoooo we can'tsss wait for the nexttt onesss, no we can'tssss.

CaptQuick

PS. Yes it's worth it to get the 4 Disk extended edition dvd, for two big reasons.

1: There's no repetition of extras between the two set (but as a consequence of that, there are no trailers in the extended edition.).

2: The Extended edition has 30 minutes extra movie. The vast majority of which is A+ character development.

I have both.

Capt Quick

:laugh:

I'm not getting the special addition until all of the three DVDs have been out for a while. I don't trust these people...They bring out the movie, and then they bring out another one two weeks later and you have to buy two. Well, no longer! I'm on to them now...

It all depens on which mood I am in, The Fellowship is the "better" movie.. However Two Towers have some really great fighting scenes :laugh:

Well, this makes it pretty hopeful for the third one...it gets better every time!

There are very few movies in which the sequals are thought better than the original by so many people (of course, these were based on a book)

I just heard a great thing! I have heard that Two Towers is coming to DVD in August. If that is true, I know what DVD I will be buying then!!

The Fellowship. The end with Boromir was one of the most perfect pieces of cinematography I have ever seen, and it almost exactly matched the pictures in my head.

I really liked The Two Towers as well, even though I was hit with a migraine half-way through. However, it bothered me that Faramir took so long to pass the test of temptation. In the book he passed almost as quickly as Galadriel. That was a major departure from the book in my mind, and I kind of feel like the director maligned Faramir's character.

The Two Towers. Both were fantastic, but the first part dragged a bit in places. Especially during the Hobbiton scenes. The Two Towers lacked a sense of awe and magic that the first one provided, but that's okay since the first one had the task of creating this world for the characters, while the second one could focus more on seeing that the story moves forward.

Can't wait for Return of the King.

btw, who else hasn't read the books? I started them this semester, but had to quit because of work and keeping up with classes. Hopefully, I can find time to finish the trilogy this summer.

They were both amazingly good, but I voted for the Fellowship, simply because I wasn't prepared for it! When the second one came out I knew it was going to be great, but nothing had prepared me for the amazingness of the first one. Even my friends ranting about how wonderful it was :D

I think we took up two side rows, then all stood up and applauded it when the credits rolled. :wow:

Two Towars. I found TFOTR to be boring, and lacking an appropriate ending for a movie I paid $6.00 to go see.

They were both awesome :martok: , if a bit long.

I thought the second one was better, however.

"The Return of the King" comes out in Dec 17, 2003!