Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Please Stay Off-topic ~

I need a drink other then coffee :P ..i will have to see if i have a can of coke :P

Confucius—The first Chinese philosopher to address the problem of political and social order in a logical way, Kong Fuzi (551-479 BC) was a strong-willed man who readily disagreed with others, preventing his appointment in the Lu court after his birth into an aristocratic family. His refusal to compromise the beliefs in the interest of political expediency clashed with state policies and ideals. For ten years, he traveled in northern China. He was bitterly disappointed when he returned to Lu in 484. His main role in his journeys was teacher, educator, and political advisor. His sayings and teachings have been compiled into what is known as the Analects by his students. He stressed a fundamentally moral, ethical, and political character. Religious and philosophical questions were impractical to him. The structure of the state was to him indeed esoteric and trivial due to his belief in political and social harmony derived from the proper ordering of human relationships. To promote good government was to appoint well-educated and conscientious people to positions of power and throughout the government. His focus was the junzi or the superior individuals. They were the intellectual aristocracy; they took a board view of public affairs and did not allow personal interests to influence their judgments. Poetry and histories were substituted for the absence of a formal education system. His thoughts on human nature sprung from writings and the histories of the Zhou dynasty. These became the core texts of the traditional Chinese education. The possession of a strong sense of moral integrity and the capacity to deliver wise and fair judgments were far greater than a formal learning and education. High ethical standards and the honing of analysis and judgment were crucial to his philosophy. He considered a few core values. Ren was kindness and benevolence or a sense of humanity (TRUST ME… IT’S TRANSLATED LITERALLY AS HUMANITY!!!). Qualities from ren included courtesy, respect, diligence, and loyalty. It was considered to be a necessity in government officials. Li was a sense of propriety. It called for individuals to behave in conventionally appropriate fashion: courtesy, respect to superiors and elders. Xiao was filial piety, which obliged children (ME) to respect their parents and other family elders, look after their welfare, support them in old age, and remember them with other ancestors. Personal self-control and leading by example are also important.

:) wow i am the only one here no guests no members no cloaked...oooo mabe i should get out my can of spray paint :)

:) wow i am the only one here no guests no members no cloaked...oooo mabe i should get out my can of spray paint :)

289030[/snapback]

Causing trouble I see.

Click For Spoiler
*runs to find can of spray paint of my own.* :)

I see that guys. *confiscates spray paint*  :)

Off topic, I should be in bed.

289033[/snapback]

Awwwwww :) ...and i was just having fun*walks off sulking* :)

I see that guys. *confiscates spray paint*  :)

Off topic, I should be in bed.

289033[/snapback]

Awwwwww :) ...and i was just having fun*walks off sulking* :)

289036[/snapback]

No more fun. :)

Whoops! I accidentally pushed a button to what I thought to be a picture, but it was a sound file! So all of the sudden the words "Death is irrelevant" sounded! :) And I'm at work! ( Well, I'm finished for today, but are looking at the computer. ) :)

:)

Edited by 3 of 7

*Throws chips on floor*..aaaa its nice to have the house to myself tonight :) ...i can make a mess without getting a Thwack *pours vodka*..and i can put....hey wait a min if i make a mess i will have to clean it up :)

I recieved e-mails from 4 different russian women today.. :)

Be careful what you wish for... :)

*Throws chips on floor*..aaaa its nice to have the house to myself tonight :) ...i can make a mess without getting a Thwack *pours vodka*..and i can put....hey wait a min if i make a mess i will have to clean it up :)

289215[/snapback]

I have 2 hrs to clean up before debbie gets home :) ...lol mabe i should edit these posts so she doesnt know about the mess :)

*Throws chips on floor*..aaaa its nice to have the house to myself tonight :) ...i can make a mess without getting a Thwack *pours vodka*..and i can put....hey wait a min if i make a mess i will have to clean it up B)

289215[/snapback]

I have 2 hrs to clean up before debbie gets home :) ...lol mabe i should edit these posts so she doesnt know about the mess :)

289351[/snapback]

Hey Hang, you need someone to clean the house?, call me i can do it for you and i am not expencive, only 15 euro,s a hour + travelcosts :)

Stupid 25 percents! Let's see... the lighting in this room is currently 25% of normal, the rubics cube I was playing with is 25% of normal size (it's my girlfriend's youngest sister's Hello Kitty rubics cube... dreadful!), and the squares are pastel of all things, so in this light the greens and blues look alike.

Grr... I hate those things anyways.

On my kitchen counter I have this plastic bin in which I put all my empty beer cans in so I can rinse them out later for recycling (you don't rinse them out, they stick to high heaven!). ANyways, I put a beer can in, and it won't stand straight. So I look in the bin to see what's in there, and what do I find? Kentucky. Yes, the STATE of Kentucky.

Stupid jig-saw puzzles.

289215[/snapback]

I have 2 hrs to clean up before debbie gets home :wow: ...lol mabe i should edit these posts so she doesnt know about the mess :)

289351[/snapback]

Whaaa i cant leave you alone for one night can i, i knew if i looked hard enough you would drop yourself in it :) now i know why your going to all that trouble of cooking a meal and buying me flowers B)

Off topic the house is clean :lol:

Edited by DutchDebbie

I just realized that on my way to New Orleans I'll passing pretty close to RikerChick.

It's a small world after all...

I just realized that on my way to New Orleans I'll passing pretty close to RikerChick.

289608[/snapback]

:dude: What freeway will you be taking through Phoenix?

289608[/snapback]

:dude: What freeway will you be taking through Phoenix?

289609[/snapback]

The I-10.