nemesis59

Star Trek vs Star Wars

which one is better?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. which one is better?

• Star Trek
    • Star Wars
    • can't choose

I think of Star Trek and Star Wars as apples and oranges but having said that I'll still offer my opinion of the two. ;)

I really liked the original episodes IV - VI when they first came out. I saw Phantom Menace in the theatre but was so disappointed. I watched the DVD a few times and it improved slightly for me but I didn't go see Attack of the Clones in the theatre and have no desire to buy the DVD. I have totally lost interest in Star Wars.

I love Trek especially TNG and Enterprise!!! hearteye.gif The whole dynamic of the Trek universe is a future I hope our species will one day enjoy.

Can't choose, I love them both!! They're very different, you can't really compare them. Star Wars is great space fantasy and Star Trek is great science fiction! borgsmile.giftrooper.gif

I voted for Star Trek It's just I liked it better and I know Star Trek longer. I was so disappointed about Star Wars Episode 1 cause it's weird and too kiddy, like I hate Jar Jar Binks.Star Wars Episode 2 It was kinda boring to me but I liked the end.Takara Soong, Star Wars Episode 2 is probably worth renting. In Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 has very stupid enemies and in Star Trek is way smarter.Q can make the Jedi or Sith disappear.I loved the orginal Star Wars 1-3 but not the new ones. ;)

oh I forgot I liked Star Trek since when I was 2, I know it's very hard to believe

I chose Star Trek. I think Star Trek's theme is more mature while Star Wars is a sci-fi fairie tale. I also think Star trek is more rooted in Science Fact than Star Wars. Those cool lightsabers IMO are impossible to make. Eps I was a dissapointment but I think EPS II was a definite improvement.

They each have there better qualities... I voted that I couldn't chose however I have now changed my mind.. :( Star Trek in much better.. I thaught sw ep. 1 and 2 were ok.. I like both I mean I have a big Padme poster and a calender but st has really grown on me since those sw movies came out.. Ok I'm done..

all hail Bev!! :innocent:

I remember when I use to have my old aol account and people would be in gladiatorial debate these two genres of sci-fi. Nonethless I chose Star Trek back then and I'm choosing Star Trek now. Star Wars is ok but Star Trek is #1 in my book....a book conveniently titled "Star Trek better then Star Wars."

:innocent:

I like Star Trek more, Star Trek is more "real", Star Wars is a story. And my like for Star Wars comes from my old job where everyone liked it and so I "forced" into it, but I do like it alot now, but Trek rules :innocent:

I can't Choose. I've been a huge fan of Both since as long as I can remember.

Both have their Strengths and their weaknesses.

It all really depends on who's watching it, ya know?

Also being a member of StarWars.com, I've defended Star Trek on it's forums before..and still do. We even have a thread Devoted to Fans of Both Over there :(

and incase anyone didn't know, the left half of my Avatar is half the Rebel Alliance Insignia :innocent:

Also being a member of StarWars.com, I've defended Star Trek on it's forums before..and still do. We even have a thread Devoted to Fans of Both Over there :(

and incase anyone didn't know, the left half of my Avatar is half the Rebel Alliance Insignia  :innocent:

Very cool. :( Here's another great SW board if you're interested. Jedi Council Forums

Trek and Star Wars are very different, I don't see star wars as "real" Sci-Fi. Still I voted Star Trek, even though the old Star Wars movies are great!

They're so Different and it's those differnces that make me like them both so much. Star Wars isn't just a rip off of Star Trek...like some might think.

One thing I read on the Star Wars site that made me laugh..someone said that Star Trek was a rip off of Star Wars :innocent: :(

I also have my own Characters I've made for Both.

Working On a Stargate Character too :(

Come on, you have to vote Star Trek on a Trek board. :innocent:

I voted Trek because I have watched it since I was a glint in the milkman's eye (just a joke, my father is not really a milkman) and I feel it is more a part of me. However I also like Star Wars in a different way, and while the new films are not as good (they never are) I did like Attack of the Clones better than PM. I could go on to analyse why Star Wars is so highly reguarded and why I feel Trek is underated by film buffs, but it would go on forever and I would like to make myself a sandwich soon.

One thing I will draw your attention to, Star Wars contains my favourite actor of all time.

Heres a clue: He made several Ealing comedies during the 40s.

Well, considering it's "startrekfans.net", I dunno how accurate the results can be, but

STAR TREK ALL THE WAY!!