Sign in to follow this  
Datalover_06

Data's Best Moments

:o Out of all of the TNG's, my favorite episode is "Brothers". Data shows more human characteristics than in most. The only one I can think of better than that is the one when he creates Lal. He shows love without even realizing it. :dude:

I also forgot to mention that Brent (as you all know) has an excellent voice, so any moment when Data sings is an awesome moment :dude:

:dude: Ok, favorite moments.. this is definately not an easy thing to pick.

Pretty much anything concerning him could be counted as a favorite moment in an episode. But one that would be near or at the top of my list would be the scenes between Data and his daughter, Lal in "THe Offspring".

But one that would be near or at the top of my list would be the scenes between Data and his daughter, Lal in "THe Offspring".

Agreed. My very favorite Data scene is the one where Lal is "dying' and tells her father, Data, that she loves him.

My favorite scene is in Generations when the ship is going down and Data has that famous "colorful metaphore" slip out. I loved it because it was so uncharacteristic of Data.

Two come instantly to mind, one funny and one kind of scary.

Hollow Pursuits ... that entire scene when Picard slips and refers to Lt. Barkley as "Mr. Broccoli", then Data launching into an explanation of how metathesis is the most common mispronunciation error. He breaks off in a very human way when he sees Picard's reaction, turning away and pretending to be working on something on the computer. You'd have to see it.

The Most Toys ... (I think that's what it's called) when Data nearly kills that horrible troll of a man for kidnaping him and adding him to his collection. It's the final scene that is awesome when Data goes to see that moron in the brig. "I am an android. I have no feelings." His eyes, his face, his intelligence working out his evolving ability to understand emotion ... I think it's just a wonderful scene.

It's a crime that Brent Spiner never won an Emmy for his work on TNG.

Those are all great. Another one of my faves is in "Brothers" at the end when the little boys are playing, and Crusher tells Data that brothers forgive each other.

Data rock-eths.

I would have to agree that the scene at the end of 'Brothers' where Data rocks his head is definitely a great moment. The other great Data moment was where Data deactivates Lore in Descent II and just as Lore is about to be deactivated he tells Data he loves him!

P.S. Descent parts I and II are two of my top 10 most favourite episodes!

Just thought of another one!

In Brothers when Data keeps saying "I am not less perfect than Lore" and then Lore mocks him

Just like human siblings :laugh:

I like the one where Data is attempting to do a stand-up act in a comedy club. My favorite part is when he realizes the audience is programmed and does these two wierd gestures.

I also liked it when Data asked Guinan way the joke wasn't funny and she said his timing might have been off. Data replies, "My timing is digital."

I thought the Dixon Hill episode was cute, as far as Data goes. The Captain and some of the other crewmembers are gearing up for some time in the holodeck..when Data shows up. He wants to play too! Much to everyone's dismay that is. So they let Data tag along with them, though all throughout the episode he proves to be a little bit of a pest by rambling on and on when asked for a definition of something, or the times when he just doesn't quite grasp how to play or what have you.

Granted, it wasn't a Data episode, but he put forth an endearing performance.:)

Hello! I'm crying, because I cannot see Brent tomorrow in Las Vegas, because I'm too busy.

Sigh!

One of my favourite episodes of Brent is the last , "Yesterday, today, tomorrow", because we can see him in three different ages- young, normal and old, with a ridiculous grey hair.

He is fantastic: he is able to play always in the right mood. When he pretends to be old, he has acquired also the human behaviour with some expressions.

bye

That's so sad, star_rose, I'm sorry that didn't work out for you.

I've enjoyed Data so much throughout TNG. I also liked him very much in Insurrection. When he reawakens on the Enterprise, is surprised to see Geordi and Picard and states "I seem to be missing several memory engrams" (wrong word, I know, sorry). At that point Geordi holds out his hand for Data to see and he exclaims, "there they are." I love the look on his face and how he says that line.

I also enjoy him singing Gilbert and Sullivan's 'A British Tar' in that movie.

I like all the episodes that have Data in them. My favorite one is Offspring. My favorite part of the episode was Lal and Data where in their quarters for the first time. Even though Data might not felt emotions he did show them to his daughter.

Dude the ppl that got to see brent...I am so jealous. :tribble: Oh well I will get my chance :laugh:

Data is my favourite Star Trek character so I've a lot of favourite Data moments, two spring to mind though straight away though. The first is Data reciting his poem about Spot and the second is at the start of First Contact when he says "...to hell with our orders".

Another good scene is with Data and Riker at the end of "Measure of a Man." Riker is staying off to himself because he had been the very tough opposing counsel, and had nearly succeeded in having Data's rights revoked.

Data spoke privately with Riker, indicating that he understood that Riker was forced into the role he played in the trial, and had he not been so effective, the judge would have automatically ruled in favor of Data's antagonist. Data acknowldeged that he understood that it was painful for Riker to perform this role.

I cannot remeber the wording, but it was a wonderful scene, and showed that data was developing a sensitivity for the feeling of others.