Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Jimmy Doohan News...

I just saw this on Fox, and I am looking for the full story, but the ticker announced that James Doohan, whom we all know as Captain Montgomery Scott, has been diagnosed with the early stages of Alzhiemers. His agent says he will continue to attend conventions through the end of the year, and he will still recieve his star on the Hollywood walk of fame later this summer.

I think i saw that about James Doohan on e.t last night that he unfortunently has the early stages of Alzheimers and is a shame since he is quite a Good Actor("thought he also might have Canadian Roots like Shatner?")But is best known for doing different voices.

alittle background on Jimmy Doohan, he is Canadian, served with the Canadian Army in World War II, and fought at Normandy, where he lost a finger. he is best known for portraying Scotty on the Original Star Trek Series, and the first 7 movies. he also made one guest appearance on Star Trek: The Next Generation ("Relics"). he is 84 years old.

At least they found out so they have time to prepare for when it's worse, and i noticed they said he still has memory as sharp as a tac a lot. Sam, i think that was, 50 years ago man :wow:. :picard-sith:

Sam, you're right - he does have a young daughter. And two (?) grown children, all with the same woman - they've been married for years, despite an obvious difference in age. Those marriages can work!

Scotty is one of my favorite characters of all time - I'm so sorry to hear about this.