Sign in to follow this  
Carrion

How The Federation Falls

The Federation can't fall! :eek: That would destroy everything, all hope of the future would be lost.

Now in a book perhaps, what if in the future the FED talked about in Star Wars (you gotta forget about the Glaxay far far away stuff) turned out to be our very own Trek FED, decent crossover idea? :eek:

Well, gee. In the Enterprise series, the Federation has yet to get started. And we are supposed to discuss it's possible fall?

maybe speicies 8472 are the yoxzan vong. *new jedi order* and maybe the federation could try to help the star wars people.

But to get back on topic. Civil war on earth. Vulcan gets inhilated. Federation runs out of resources and cant build anymore ships and the bajorians take over or the borg or else the sol systems sun super novas and blows up earth. so many more.

I don't see how this plays into Enterprise, but the topic intrigues me.

I see four early possibilities.

1.) The Borg quit messing around with the Federation and send a full out force to assimilate major worlds such as Earth, Vulcan, (I'm taking a guess with some of these), Andoria, Mars, and many others.

2.) A civil war leaves the Federation to weak to defend itself against a massive invasion from other Alpha quadrant powers.

3.) A coalition of forces grow jealous of the power of the Federation and unite aginst it (Romulans, Cardassians, Breen, Tholians, Maybe even the Dominion)

4.) The Federation might meet its end soon after discovering either a new extremely powerful race or a very very old extremely powerful race (thanks G'Kar :bow: ).

Thats all I can think of for now.

"It was the year of fire, the year of destruction, the year we took back what was ours, the year of rebirth, the year of great sadness, it was the year of pain, the year of joy, it was a voyage, it was the year everything changed, the year is 2261 name of the place BABYLON 5" - theme continues with shadow/vorlon war clips and character names.

I still wonder what it has to do with Enterprise, but the basic concept intrigues me. I don't think any single power could do it (aside from the Borg). No one in the Alpha quadrant could pull it off alone and if the Dominion tried, they'd have every other major power lined up on the side of the Federation.

Who knows, maybe someone's gonna make a Q angry?

Q, I doubt it. The Q have issues with humanity, not neccessarily the Federation. That would mean they'd wipe out the Vulcans, Betazoids, Trill, and Bajorans (once they join). It would be over kill and destroying "more worthy races".

I, at one time, Actually thought the Premise of Andromeda would have made a good Star Trek Series.

A premise like Andromeda would be interesting, but it poses two problems. To keep it from being a total rip off of Andromeda, you'd have to actually show the Federatyion's fall and then build from there. You could have it span over two series. Show a war, or the conflict which destroys the Federation, and then in the next series show the first steps of rebuilding a new stronger Federation.

Another issue would be Daniels and his people. Unless the Federation collapses and then springs back to life in the time span of some 250 years, it would have to be after the 30th century. That's a long ways off. I wouldn't want to jump over some 550 years of the Federation's history.

Hmmm, anyone remember the parasitic aliens from the TNG episode, "Conspiracy"?

If the Talosians were able to, they could do some damage... Maybe the Antosians too... (from "Whom Gods Destroy" [TOS]).

:hug: Earth has been the target for destruction by alot of races...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Maybe the "Greek gods" didn't all die out like Apollo said (Who Mourns for Adonais)....... One remained and destroys earth and the federation.....

I agree with the general consensus. If some one or something wants to destroy the Federation, Earth would be the focal point of there attack. That's what the Dominion tried to do. The Breen's first engagment was a sneak attack on Earth, and Weyoun said the birhtplace of any resistance, if the Dominion were to win the war, would be Earth.

Maybe the "Greek gods" didn't all die out like Apollo said (Who Mourns for Adonais)....... One remained and destroys earth and the federation.....

I refer back to a previous post

4.)The Federation might meet its end soon after discovering either a new extremely powerful race or a very very old extremely powerful race (thanks G'Kar  ).

Hmmmm, anyone remember the "back-door invasion" from the TV series First Wave?

An invasion done secretly, rather than a public attack...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

An idea of how i think the federation should fall goes like this:

After the Temporal Cold War ends with all the different faction's siging a treaty stating no more time messing about between all races of the known quadrants in the galaxy.

The Borg decide to continue their assimiltaion's as normal as the Temporal Cold War won't hinder their progression to assimilate other species but as with normal, the ending of the Temporal Cold war persuades them to start conquering the galaxy quickly so if their is another Cold War they already have the foot hold on all the major races.

Studying the History of the Federation and it's predicted course throught the next 200 years they decide to launch a full scale attack on the Federation Armada weakeing one of the galaxies major hopes of helping the other races from being assimilated. The Federation ends when the President orders the immediate opening of quantum singularities into 8472's fluidic space to ask 8472 for help. After the borg threat is neutralised 8472 starts attacking all races in the galaxy wiping them out one by one.

A combination of all forces in the quadrants to do a last stand against the 8472 threat in a bid to stop all the quantum singularities in the known space, The Federation is defeated and the galaxy starts to change into a Fluidic type of space.

HAPPY READING

The one key important failing of Enterprise has always been that no matter how bad things get for the crew and the fledgling Federation things will always work themseleves out in the end as there would be not TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY and hence it makes all their efforts rather redundant since we all know what will happen in the end anyway.

The plot line and premise for Enterprise was always rather pointless as it was a bit like knowing the ending of a book before you 've even started reading it.

I always thought like many others that the New Frontier series of books written by Peter David would have made a far better TV series than the first 2 seasons of Enterprise - lets be honest it only came to life in Season 3 when they entered the Delphic Expanse - somewhere that was not mentioned in any of the other 4 versions of Star Trek. At the moment that seems to be Enterprises best hope to go where no other Star Trek series has gone before ( :o :wow:

P.S. The best way to destroy the Federation would be to prevent the conference that would take place between Earth, Vulcan and Andor which resulted in the formation of the Federation - a little divide and conquer perhaps ?

The plot line and premise for Enterprise was always rather pointless as it was a bit like knowing the ending of a book before you 've even started reading it.

Well not so quick. Even though I'm fairly sure that the Federation will survive Enterprise, I don't think that it's as much about knowing what happens but seeing how it happens and why. Kind of like Babylon 5; the writer of the show basically shows everything major that is going to happen or foretells it. But you don't know what context it's under. To really enjoy Enterprise, you should watch it for the journey and not the destination.

- lets be honest it only came to life in Season 3 when they entered the Delphic Expanse - somewhere that was not mentioned in any of the other 4 versions of Star Trek.

No, the Delphic Expanse is gone. The spheres were destroyed and now the anomoly, gaseous space, and the Quantum Thermal Photon Thinger Watchya' call'er Barrier is gone. It might be refered to as the Delphic sector or something, but it wouldn't be known as the expanse in the 23rd and 24th centuries.

You have a most pesimistic view, but I suppose it goes with the thread.

Thnx Captain i appreciate being known as a having a pesimistic view, i just find it exhiirating to wonder how a Mighty Empire fell, like the romans, egyptians and so forth.

I know it kinda stoopid that I did a post about this sort of topic, because as we all know, the Federation will not go down...ever. I just thought maybe I could listen to other's view on how they would like to see them go down. Oh well here's another breif one for me:

V'ger returns to Earth mysteriously and starts to destroy all Human Colonies in the Alpha Quadrant, this attack was sparked by one of Decker's hidden thought's that related back to his abusive father years ago when he was a boy which was released by an advance alien race that used Neural Technology. 80% of The Federation's fleet was destroyed in an attempt to try and halt the progress of V'ger from entering the Sol System, one of the ship's that lead one of the main wave's was the Enterprise E in 2399. After the destruction of Earth approximately 10 million human's survived and disperesed themselves across the star's in an effort to escape V'ger. All human's that escaped to freindly alien world's brought the attention of V'ger and destroyed all planets that harboured human's.

Make Quark the leader.

Send the Death Star after all the bases.

Air Beavis and Butthead to everyone in the Federation.

Make Quark the leader.

Send the Death Star after all the bases.

Air Beavis and Butthead to everyone in the Federation.

250569[/snapback]

hehehe, yep that would about do it.

It's hard to imagine the Federation ever falling (kinda like it's hard to imagine the U.S. falling) but I suppose it could happen.

If I come up with any ideas of HOW it can fall, I'll let ya know :(

(Maybe let Hobbits call the shots? We'd be partying all the time and any enemy could easily overtake us)

~Jaina

The Dominion reclones and rebuilds and the Founders take the shape of Borg and threaten to assimilate while joining forces with the real Borg letting them do the dirty work and as a whole collective they take over the whole galaxy.

Wow...Long sentence there.

I dunno, I hadn't really thought about the possibility of the Federation falling and everyone on Earth being destroyed.

I reckon the Borg would be the people who'd demolish the Federation. They've got the numbers -- remember the nests of Borg ships in the Delta Quadrant? -- and they're immaculately efficient. No room for wastage or mistakes. And they got pretty close to assimilating humanity in Homecoming and The Farther Shore.

Or like someone else said, the Sun could just blow up and that'd wipe out half of humanity, and would probably leave too big an impact on Starfleet -- the headquarters are on Earth, and the Utopia Planitia shipyards would probably also get pretty banged up, colonies and all that kinda thing in range would be destroyed.

This my sound like I am going off topic, but I am not. I wonder if citizens of Roman thought that their empire would have fallen.

I think it would be cool for the aliens from Conspiracy to start trying to take over Starfleet covertly. They could actually succeed (I mean, look for far they came last time) and then once they had Starfleet, they could start to try taking over other parts of the Federation, leading to a civil war, and all hell could break loose.

Heh, just a thought :naughty:

A civil war epic from the "Conspiracy" Aliens sounds awesome. Maybe they could do a future about this is in a movie where strange antagonistic policies are being inforced mysteriously by the President himself, several High ranking official Federation officers are taken control by the Parasites and begin a strange expansion initiative into many peaceful races. Jean Luc Picard of the Enterprise E realises the turn of events is similar to what happen many years ago on the Enterprise D concerning a parasitic race of Organism's bent on conquest of the Humans galaxy. Near the beginning of the movie it is shown that over half of the federation's population is undercontrol and Picard sets out to fight the parasite controlled UFP with Starfleet personel that have'nt been controlled yet in an attempt to find an answer in defeating them...