Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

What's Your Favorite Book?

I just have to say, 1984. It's just so though-provoking, so great. Before I read it, I wasn't really that much into reading. I would read some books, usually just ones that friends had reccomended to me, but it really wasn't something I was passionate about. All that changed when I read 1984. My friend had gotten it from the library, and when I noticed this I had asked her how it was, I had heard of it, and it sounded like a book I would at least like to try. She said that it was really good and suggested that I look at it. After reading the first few pages I was hooked. The first chance I got I went to the bookstore to pick up my own copy, and I just couldn't put it down. I read every chance I got. This book changed my life. Before I read it I had never realized that a book could make you think like that one did; it was so deep, so moving.

And, here's a short list of other faves (though these ones didn't change my life)

-The Hot Zone About an ebola outbreak, based on a true story, scared the cheesecake out of me

-Slaughterhouse 5 So briliantly bizzare, some parts are funny, but you feel like you shouldn't laugh, because they're really deep at the same time

-Memoirs of a Geisha Sad, sad book. Makes you realize how fortunate you are.

That's hard....

Sherlock Holmes (complete collection)

Animal Farm

Lord of the rings series

Hmmm tuff one i have a few fav books but i think the one i liked reading most is from Andy McNab..BRAVO TWO ZERO....a true story about 8 British SAS guys who are sent to iraq during the first gulf war to take out scud missile launchers,its a really good book.

I read all the time, and LOVE books, but if I had to narrow it down to just one

The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Orczy

What can I say? I'm a romantic...

MY FAVORITE ALL TIME BOOKS WERE:

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

All the V.C Andrews books

Pride and Predjudice

That's it for now, need to think on this