Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

St.com

Not to bash ST.com or anything, but have any of you noticed how subpar the Encyclopedia section is concerning ships and aliens.

I would think that any and all canon info in any episode would be there (including pictures of ships).

or is that a reason for us to buy the book?

Well, I might have to say that it is sub-par considering that almost no info is listed on many ships except the class. Many don't have registry numbers listed. I find that DITL has a much better listing of ships and weaponry withdrawn from episodes, movies, and books, such as the Star trek TNG tecnical manual. There is a lot you can find that is not listed on startrek.com. They never mention a lot of the weapons found in Nemesis.

Oh, I have memorized the TNG tech manuel, I know just about everything about a Galaxy Class. BORG! Don't go to deck 8, they're playing poker. We wouldn't want to see you on deck 12 section baker which sickbay is in.

I find that DITL has a much better listing of ships and weaponry withdrawn from episodes, movies, and books, such as the Star trek TNG tecnical manual.

What is DITL?

I find that DITL has a much better listing of ships and weaponry withdrawn from episodes, movies, and books, such as the Star trek TNG tecnical manual.

What is DITL?

It's the "Daystrum(sp) Institute" website for Trek info.

For ship info, I trust Ex Astris and Neutral Zone the most. I've gotten miffed about ST.com's ship info before as well. I thought for sure that they would at least have a pic for some of the primary vessels. :(

Over here we have the Official Star Trek Fact Files. It is a magazine that has now finished its run but it would pay you to try and get hold of it. It really is the most exhaustive reference for all the Trek series and films ever assembled. I think they are repackaging them now with the emphasis on TNG. It now comes out every week and has a DVD of three eps with it.

Try www.stcollectorsedition.co.uk