Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Deanna's hair

kinda completely nullifies the effect of professionalism.

Yeah. :innocent: On the other hand, for growing up with a mom like Lwaxana she's remarkably modest. :(

Oh, isn't that an understatement...

and surprisingly not half MAD

can't imagine grewing up with har woman... :(

I love watching Lwaxana, but I'd hate to live with her, too!

Doesn't Deanna remind you of teenagers who are horribly embarrassed by their parents (usually simply by the fact that they're living... :( )? I wonder if other Betazoid women are like her, or if she's one-of-a-kind.

Majel B-R - she was told to make Lwaxana believeable, all she had to do was play herself. What a kicky woman...

For those DS9 people, what do you think happened to Lwaxana and her baby after she escaped from Michael Ansara?

I would assume she just raised it on Batazed...wonder what Deanna thinks of having a new sibling at this late date?

Maybe that's why her hair went straight? :innocent:

Did anyone notice that in Encounter at Farpoint Deanna wore her hair down and a regular uniform (dress) and then after that they totally switched it to the updo and pantsuits? Does anyone know why they did that? Was Encounter at Farpoint filmed much earlier then the rest of the episodes or something?

10102.jpg115032.jpg

Why the hell did they change her hair style between E@F and The Naked Now. She looks so much better in one, and the rest of the season, she looked so bad. Thank god she changed it back, even though it took them 15 years (When she was on Voyager) to actually get it right.

Did anyone see Sirtis on the Season 1 Bonus features in the hippy/headbanger '80's hairstyle. That was worse. :innocent:

Gates McFadden also had quite a frightening hair-do in some of the extras. She looked like she was dying!

Did you notice how Troi's Neckline just got lower and lower till season 6 when they finally put her into CLOTHING?? And I don't know why she's so embarrased by Lwaxanna - mean, she dresses just as bad, and she throws herself at guys...

Deanna had a new hairstyle as often as she had a new boyfriend. and that was often for both.

That sounds about right....reminds me of my sister...she would change her style for each boyfriend or crush! And she is not teh only one, several of my teammates would do that too....arggh they drive me crazy

Deanna had a new hairstyle as often as she had a new boyfriend. and that was often for both.

LOL

:( :( :innocent:

That sounds about right....reminds me of my sister...she would change her style for each boyfriend or crush! And she is not teh only one, several of my teammates would do that too....arggh they drive me crazy

Um....why? 1042284708.gif

I have no idea why they do that... I was just agreeing with Lessa's remark about her seeming to change her style and her boyfriend often..I guess I worded my post wrong or something...

I have no idea why they do that... I was just agreeing with Lessa's remark about her seeming to change her style and her boyfriend often..I guess I worded my post wrong or something...

Oh no, you didn't word it wrong or anything. hug.gif Sorry. I was just wondering why anyone would do that. That's all.

Oh no, you didn't word it wrong or anything. hug.gif Sorry. I was just wondering why anyone would do that. That's all.

I don't know whay they would either....I just keep this in mind, I am too happy with being myself to ever change for someone else. If they don't like/love me for who I am, then they are not the guy for me!

I don't know whay they would either....I just keep this in mind, I am too happy with being myself to ever change for someone else. If they don't like/love me for who I am, then they are not the guy for me!

Exactly! ezpi_biglaugh.gif

If I ever change myself, it's to make me happy, never anyone else! I don't understand people who do that...

Personally I really liked this outfit but in Data's Day when they showing her preparing her tea and give that clevage shot

I guess that was a kind of cheap ploy, But I loved it. Always had a crush on her.

The mini-skirt was called a scant wasn't it? And the boots were a little too go-go for my liking! The bee hive was awful. But then again (and im asking the ladies here) if in the future everyone had it, wouldnt you have it as well? The catsuit was an improvement. I think it added to the whole 'relaxed' look of the Enterprise D. But in the end, the uniform worked better and gave Deanna more standing in terms of aurhority on board the ship. She was a commander after all!

Poor cheerleaders, they get no respect. :o  :laugh:

Well, they don't help their images at all....

How do cheerleaders not 'help' their image???

and i agree Troi did look like an intergalatic cheerleader...

The mini-skirt was called a scant wasn't it? And the boots were a little too go-go for my liking! The bee hive was awful. But then again (and im asking the ladies here) if in the future everyone had it, wouldnt you have it as well? The catsuit was an improvement. I think it added to the whole 'relaxed' look of the Enterprise D. But in the end, the uniform worked better and gave Deanna more standing in terms of aurhority on board the ship. She was a commander after all!

I think i'd wear the scant :o

it looked Cute :laugh:

Scant and Go Go boots. I loved it. (Times like these I need one of those pics of Homer drooling).

Umm, no...in fact, I'd probably NOT have it just for that reason!

ACK, no never never, I would protest to wearing a scant. And my hair has pretty much always been shoulder length or shorter so no Bee-hive for me!! and as for catsuits, I may be a gymnast...but, I am sorry I don't go walking around town or go to a grocery store in my leotard or bathing suit!!! When I leave the gym, it is a large to a 2X Large T-Shirt over my workout clothes for me, and a sweat suit in the winter!!

Well heck I'd wear the scant. I have several dresses that short in my closet right now. :laugh:

lol i wear my bakini everywhere in the summer.. i remember one time i forgpt i was wearing it *shorts bottom* and i went to the store in it and i was like getting all these looks from older woman and i realised what i did.. hahah

troi has always beent he 'Sexy' person on trek... no offence to Crusher but shes ALWAYS looked to old.. Deanna always looked LIKE 20 *WELL UNTIL NOW*

so i think the things she wore she could pull off... except she has big hips.. so she sometikmes looked big.. until she turned sideways...

but they have always been weird n her hair.. like wow a wig :S :S i wouldn;t consent to wearing a wig for 5-6 seasons.. lol

Yes, the bun look was not her best hairdo.  It made her look like a samuri warrior. :)

lol. I liked her movie hair.

Yes, the bun look was not her best hairdo.  It made her look like a samuri warrior. :martok:

lol. I liked her movie hair.

Especially in Nemesis.... When her hair was straight and down, it was really pretty.

lol i wear my bakini everywhere in the summer..  i remember one time i forgpt i was wearing it *shorts bottom* and i went to the store in it and i was like getting all these looks from older woman and i realised what i did.. hahah

troi has always beent he 'Sexy' person on trek... no offence to Crusher but shes ALWAYS looked to old.. Deanna always looked LIKE 20 *WELL UNTIL NOW*

so i think the things she wore she could pull off... except she has big hips.. so she sometikmes looked big.. until she turned sideways...

but they have always been weird n her hair.. like wow a wig :S :S i wouldn;t consent to wearing a wig for 5-6 seasons.. lol

I read an interview with her where she stated that they made her use a "stunt butt double" for the butt shot in "A fistful of datas" where she was wearing the tight pants.