Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Tos On Dvd

Possibly. I'd Like To Hope So.

Maybe Just Before Or Once Season 1 Is Out, The Sci-Fi Channel Will Start Showing It At A Decent Hour To Get People Interested In It, So They'll Go Buy The DVDs. :clap:

Yeah i think so, only they better not expect hight tech effects and touch screen computers :clap: ,i would love to have all the TOS episodes on DVD,i got most of them on vid but DVD would be better :frusty

I have them all on VHS too (actually they are my uncle's; he recorded them ages ago). They are on DVD but I would love to see them in season sets like other shows. And I watch all marathons on SciFi that I can, and I get up for the three o'clock episode every Tuesday. Yes, I am insane. :clap:

But isn't TOS already on DVD? If not, that sucks... I can get TNG and DS9 on DVD, what's wrong with Kirk and his crew! :flex:

How can we, the fans, make an effective change to this problem? :)

Edited by Lt. Evans

But isn't TOS already on DVD? If not, that sucks... I can get TNG and DS9 on DVD, what's wrong with Kirk and his crew!    :flex: 

How can we, the fans, make an effective change to this problem? :)

Yes It Is, But Only In Two-Episode Volumes. The Season Sets Will Be Out On August 31st.

THEY ARE FINALLY MAKING SEASON SETS!? I VOW TO SAVE ALL MY MONEY SO I CAN BUY THEM WHEN THEY COME OUT AND HAVE THEM ALL ON DVD!!!!!! (Plus, my uncle might want his tapes back :flex: ).

Guest Ktrek

I doubt it will bring in a new generation of fans. I would say that over 90% of people that will buy the DVDs are already fans. Since many of us fans already own all 40 volumes on DVD there will not be as many sales of the season sets as other Star Trek series have had. I certainly don't intend buying them just so I can have more shelf space! The quality isn't improved and the only benefit would be the few special features which I have determined are not worth it to me.

Ktrek

I doubt it will bring in a new generation of fans. I would say that over 90% of people that will buy the DVDs are already fans. Since many of us fans already own all 40 volumes on DVD there will not be as many sales of the season sets as other Star Trek series have had. I certainly don't intend buying them just so I can have more shelf space! The quality isn't improved and the only benefit would be the few special features which I have determined are not worth it to me.

Ktrek

I Waited It Out For The Season Sets...Much Cheaper In The Long Run

Season sets are about 50-80 dollars cheaper than the episode pairs bought now.

yep. Much cheaper. Now I can have more money for TNG DVDS!!!!

:flex: :)

Will they include the pilot episode; featuring Captain Christopher Pike and Lieutenant Spock?

tcaa1.jpg

"We hope so!" They yelled

Edited by Lt. Evans

I've been buying them up indivdually on DVD, but that's more expensive then if they were to put them in season sets. I can't wait till they come out in the sets.

i think that it would. teens(i am one so..) don't go for vhs much. it would hopefully reawake the world. :picard-sith:

I hope it will introduce more fans to what Star Trek was originally including myself. Ive only actually wratched about 3-4 eppisodes all together because nowere in the UK shows it anymore. I will be buying them as soon as they start brining them out in season sets.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:blink:

I am 14 and I find that it's better in sets than individuals because teens like cheaper but better stuff...... So everybody's a winner!! :laugh:

I think it will bring in new buyers.

People love buying things in bulk, (we do) season sets are the best value for buying entire series.

We've put off buying TOS on those two episode DVDs for a LONG time anticipating this coming release of season sets so I suspect we're not alone.

Anyone whose never seen it but buys them is going to watch the episodes and when they do they'll be hooked so my answer is yes I do.

I don't see why It shouldn't. We are close to 40 years since it was originally on, and trek is more popular than ever. I know I plan to buy the DVD's even though I havn't seen the series yet. I've seen some episodes and am really looking foward to seeing the others, like Errand or Mercy or The Doomsday Machine. Hopefully if paramount doesn't screw this up, there will be a new generation of fans of Star Trek.

I don't know if it will bring about a new generation of fans but it might at least remind a lot of the old fans just how awesome TOS is! I'm just happy that they are finally putting out the box sets. It's about time.

I don't think it will. However I have been known to be wrong a time or two :huh:

I don't see someone paying $80.00 or $100.00 for a set of DVD's they are not sure about. Besides I don't know of very many people who don't know what Star Trek is and either you would or would not buy them.

Wheee! :laugh:

I just bought a dvd set today at Best Buy!

Been savin' some extra cash and decided to blow it all in one day...But it was well worth buying season one of TOS...

I get an extra check in October, I think I know where that money's goin' to...

(I really need to be more patient and just buy the dang things on ebay...)

(BTW, I'm one of those 'younger' fans that was introduced to TNG first then TOS so I had to buy TOS to complete my TNG, DS9 and TOS collection...And to just enjoy some good ol' fashion Trek...And no, VOY will not be in my collection...I'll let my bf waste his money on that series... :huh: )

Yes, and I'd buy 'em right up.

The only concern would be whether they'd be complete eps, in the original release format. They've been severely cut back for extra commercials over the decades.

I'm presuming original prints exist. *fingers crossed*

C

Yes, and I'd buy 'em right up.

The only concern would be whether they'd be complete eps, in the original release format.  They've been severely cut back for extra commercials over the decades.

I'm presuming original prints exist.   *fingers crossed*

C

264117[/snapback]

Yes, they are in their original uncut version..I'm enjoying them very much..I highly reconmend them.. :sweatdrop: They are worth the $..