Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Odd Man Out ~~

Hmm :P Good question :tear: Well, since no one got the right answer I guess you go again. I wish it were a little more 'Generic' so us dopes have a shot at it. :sigh:

280901[/snapback]

"Generic" you say - ??? Ok, then how about these four :huh: :

Recliner

chair

bed of nails

another person's lap :P

280905[/snapback]

I can think of two for that one. "Bed of nails" because that's the only one you lie down on, rather than sit on. And "Another person's lap" because that's the only one that doesn't have to be built first.

I'll go with another person's lap.

280928[/snapback]

"Bed of nails" is the correct answer. My three like items are "something that you sit on" - I doubted that anyone would "sit" on a bed of nails - for that matter would anyone really want to lie on a bed of nails either? :huh:

Both wishfire and Jeanway considered "bed of nails" as a possibility, only Jeanway made it her final answer. So... your the winner, Jeanway! Yay! w00t,w00t! :sly:

:wow:  :clap:  :congrats: Show your work, why?

283026[/snapback]

"show my work"? sounds like something my math teacher would have said. :wow:

Ok then, ya want a reason? Seems that I "lost" when I put a reason, tho the word was correct. Remember? :congrats: However, a reason you want, then a reason you will have: the other three are inanimate objects - i.e. non-living.

Yes, that also could be true but that's not the disconnection or odd man out I was thinking of. :clap: Care to try again? :congrats: We could go on for quite a while with this one. :congrats: I had two possible correct answers in mind. Trying to give people a bit of leeway.

K :clap: Now let's see......Hmmmm :congrats:

braces

wastebasket

a person

fabric

282804[/snapback]

Ok, how about "wastebasket". Why, you may ask? Because..."a person" may wear a "brace", and they usually wear a type of "fabric". Am I getting warmer, Jean? :congrats:

OK, NO :assimilated: Now you get detention.  :)  :P  :blink: Try again and this time THIMK!!!! :unsure:  :)

283041[/snapback]

Sorry jaz, no :P

283147[/snapback]

I'm finished with THIMK'ing, for now. In the words of Jar Jar Binks ~~Star Wars~~ "My give up, my give up!" :o

K :assimilated: Now let's see......Hmmmm :P

braces

wastebasket

a person

fabric

282804[/snapback]

OK, jaz, I won't torture you any longer than necessary :unsure:

There were two possible answers to this.

#1. Was: UH Oh, I forgot :o: :P Let me thimk. :blink: OH, OK, 'A person' because a person isn't 'woven'.

#2. The 2nd was 'fabric'. The other 3 can be 'Wired', or made out of wire. Don't tell me about 'Wire Fabic' now either. :) :P

But you gave it a gallant effort and for that......."YOU WIN!!" :) GO! :o

Ok, Jean. Thank-you! :unsure: I suppose you'd like another "generic" set of words, huh?

Here is one set, with a movie theme ~~ ok, I provided a clue ~~ hehe :assimilated:

Roseman

Golden Gate

Holliwell

Cedar

Have fun! :blink:

Just a wild guess here. I don't know why. "Cedar" because it's a tunnel. All the others are bridges??? :assimilated:

Just a wild guess here. I don't know why. "Cedar" because it's a tunnel. All the others are bridges??? :laugh:

283875[/snapback]

Getting warm, Jean. But its not Cedar. Try again? ^^^hint: see previous post

Click For Spoiler
They are all bridges

:laugh: YEA!!!! :waaaa: oops, That means it's my turn AGAIN, AWW CRAP. :laugh::laugh: J/K. O.K.................................

Lucy

Jean

Michelle

Rita

GOOD LUCK! :clap: :huh:

Jean because there's only one syllable

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Safari

Mozilla Firefox

Netscape

(this one is tricky)

B)  YEA!!!! B) oops, That means it's my turn AGAIN, AWW CRAP. B)  B) J/K. O.K.................................

Lucy

Jean

Michelle

Rita

GOOD LUCK! B)  B)

284335[/snapback]

I see a pattern here... Lucy, Michelle, and Rita are names each used in a Beatles song. "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", for example. "Jean" is used in a song by the Everly Brothers, so is the "odd man out". Correct, or no?

Good enough jaz. B) Yes, all names except Jean were in titles of songs by the Beatles. Lucy in the sky with Diamonds", Lovely Rita Metermaid" and "Michelle" Now I do believe there were songs with Jean in the title. I've had a couple sung to me in here B) It was very nice. B) But I can't remember those right at this moment. B) B) B) B)

Go ahead jaz, your up! B) B)

It "CAN'T" be THAT obvious, can it??? B) 4 legs? Man has only 2? Naaa, that's too simple. It must be something else B)

It "CAN'T" be THAT obvious, can it??? B) 4 legs? Man has only 2? Naaa, that's too simple. It must be something else B)

285496[/snapback]

well, actually, it is that obvious - B) Looks like its your turn again, Jean! B)

Aww, Geeze B) OK, here goes........... Um, *cough.............

basket

cup

mitt

blimp

The reason is wrong, the answer is right. 3 things that a ball holds in sports

ok...let me shake the cobwebs of my brain and see what I got here...

William Shatner

Kate Mulgrew

George Takei

Leonard Nimoy