Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

Top Five Of Season 3

Since I figure that eventually a poll will get started by VBG on the best episode of season 3, why not get an early look at what should be ahead in the running. Here's my overall top five for this year.

1.)'The Forgotten'-Conner Trinner's best performance of the year, along with a pivotal moment for Archer and Degra in coming to trust each other. A great functional episode overall and great entertainment. One of three episodes which almost made me cry.

2.)'Similitude'

3.)'Twilight'

4.)'The Council'

5.)'Chosen Realm'

Honorable Mention-'The Xindi', 'Exile', 'Harbinger', 'Azati Prime', and 'Damage'.

I'll give more revues later on the other top four.

Good grief, only five? Only five. Season three had so many great episodes for a change. How can I choose only five? Okay. Considering from beginning to end if you force me to choose:

5.)Damage Archer's unthinkable choice. What can I say? I loved it. Innocence lost.

4.)Countdown, the most exciting and complete episode of the season. Hayes' death and Hoshi's plight really got to me. T'Pol reaching out to Trip as "Trip" for the first time was delightful.

3.)Twilight really gave the Xindi threat teeth. Poignant, sad, exciting. The one and ONLY time I ever bought into Archer and T'Pol as a loving couple. Captain Trip rocked.

2.)Proving Ground, an underrated gem. Easily Jeffrey Combs' best performance of the year. Shran is a catalyst for such great things.

1.)Without a doubt, The Forgotten. The single most entertaining, poignant, satisfying and complete episode of the season. Connor was fabulous. I felt for Tucker's loss and all the rage he'd been suppressing more than ever before, even though I understood that Archer had a job to do with Degra.

Honorable mention: Zero Hour, Azati Prime, Similitude, Harbinger, Anomaly(came within an eyelash of making the list) Impulse, E2, The Council.

Interesting topic Captain Ericks

Top five.... mmmmmnnnn.

1 Similitude. Absolutely brilliant from Alpha to Omega.

2 The Forgotten. A nice character ep for Trip. We find out that his vengeance wasn't too obvious because he'd buried it along with his grief. Connor Trinneer's breaking down scene, from his calm, to his flash of anger, (kicking away the Xindi power cells), to his crying and gratitude to T'Pol for being there, was just beautifully played.

3 Countdown. Nice ensemble piece and very pacy. Let down by Archer not being able to find one nice word to say to Trip at the end. :laugh:

4 Proving Ground. Coombs is wonderful as Shran! I do think the 'Archerite' was a little over the top, but it was a lovely show. Archer smiled and laughed in that ep, (first time that whole season). And Trip's talk with Shran meant it wasn't only Archer who made the Andorian respect the 'pink skins' (Tho' I am still waiting for the scene where Shran goes to call Mayweather a 'pink skin' and realises he can't!)

5 Twilight. Trip as Captain Tucker was the BEST. Just what a Star Trek captain should be. The Archer/T'Pol thing was nice and the graphic of Earth's destruction and the subsequent hunting down of all humans was very good in showing us just exactly what they were all fighting for. To say, 'they're going to destroy the Earth' is one thing. To show it in eye popping, tragic detail is another.

Since I figure that eventually a poll will get started by VBG on the best episode of season 3, why not get an early look at what should be ahead in the running. Here's my overall top five for this year.

1.)'The Forgotten'-Conner Trinner's best performance of the year, along with a pivotal moment for Archer and Degra in coming to trust each other. A great functional episode overall and great entertainment. One of three episodes which almost made me cry.

2.)'Similitude'

3.)'Twilight'

4.)'The Council'

5.)'Chosen Realm'

Honorable Mention-'The Xindi', 'Exile', 'Harbinger', 'Azati Prime', and 'Damage'.

I'll give more revues later on the other top four.

2.)'Similitude'-A very subtle episode. Hikes up the romance with Trip and T'Pol. Sims desperation to live in reminecient of 'Tuvix' and his realization at the very end is so touching. The second best moral-delema episode next to 'Damage'.

3.)'Twilight'-I was spell bound from the opening scenes, when Earth was destroyed. The flashbacks to the last days of the Xindi conflict and T'Pol in command was very entertaining. Seeing the next few NX class ships was great. And the apocalyptic situation was played out in total with the crew and the ship.

4.)'The Council'-A great thrill seeing the Xindi Council take center stage with Archer and Hoshi. And the presentation of the evidence was very convincing. Degras death was such a shock and a major turning point in the collapse of the council. Plus, it had some of the best action of the entire season.

5.)'Chosen Realm'-Barely beat out 'Damage'. Archer's plan to retake the ship was great. And then the message at the end when they land on Triannon was so powerful. A great aplication of a modern situation to a future setting.

Edited by Alterego