1. 1. How do you treat sunburn?

• Aloe Vera Juice
    • Vinegar
    • Tea bags
    • Commercial Spray/Ointment
    • Other treatment
    • I remember to use sunscreen
    • They don't call me Vampirella for nothing

Since it's sunburn season - how do you treat it? I got a lot of sunburns when I was young. That puts me in a high risk category now. Now I use sunscreen or stay inside. :( Aloe Vera juice is the best. I have doubts about vinegar. And I have tried tea bags before and it seemed to work.

I hate sunlight *cowers in darkness*

But really, I have gotten burnt before, and aloe works wonders, I've also heard that it's great for all types of burns and such.

The first thing I use is aloe vera. If it still hurts after that, I'll use Gold Bond Powder after the aloe has completely dried and soaked in.

We have tons of aloe vera growing around the front of our house, it works wonderfully. Also works great on my cats if they get scratched. Since it doesn't sting at all they hold still for it and it helps them heal quicker. That was totally off topic, sorry. :P Anyway, I use aloe vera.

We have tons of aloe vera growing around the front of our house, it works wonderfully. Also works great on my cats if they get scratched. Since it doesn't sting at all they hold still for it and it helps them heal quicker. That was totally off topic, sorry.  :P Anyway, I use aloe vera.

Thanks for posting about aloe vera for your cats. It might work on my dog Astro.

Edited by Odie

I use vinegar i like a bit of pain..lol nah i use sun block i burn very easy and can get sun stroke which is not very nice :P

Aloe vear and a chinese medicine does wonders.....

I hate the sun...

Yes, I love vampyres

I am one really...

I love the night and hate light....

I also have the teeth

I love the taste of blood too..

I tend to burn, not as bad as when I was a kid but still burn. I grow aloe, so I have used that in the past combined with storebought aloe vera gel. That always went on after a cool shower.

As I recall I would make a spray bottle of 1/3 apple vinager and 2/3 water and shake it and spray Daniel's son when he came home all sunburned. I'm more olive skinned and don't burn as Daniel and his son does but a friend at work told me this remedy and the son by marriage says it takes the burn out of his skin. :blink: You know whatever works and can make the husband and son feel better.

I just tan, I've never had a sunburn in my life.

221594[/snapback]

I'm thinking some very bad words, about the only one I can say is Lucky...anything after that I can't post. Right now my arms are pretty well burned. Aloe Vera helps alot, but it really doesn't hurt right now unless I brush up against something.

(PS-See my location to the left)

As for me, I am black so i really don't get sunburn at all lol.

326344[/snapback]

Really?I went to a KC Royals game with some friends back in high school and my buddy Matt (who is also black) got a bad burn on the back of his neck.We had cheap seats...in the sun...and it was HOT :jaw:

We had fun anyway. :jaw:

I work on a dairy ranch (smells wonderful),and some days I'm out in the sun a lot....I just slap on sun screen and hope for the best.

I don't sit in the sun, because I read once in one of those sciencematological journals that you can get sunburn by sitting too long in the sun.

Proven fact.

I don't sit in the sun, because I read once in one of those sciencematological journals that you can get sunburn by sitting too long in the sun.

Proven fact.

335205[/snapback]

That's how I got mine. 4 days sitting in the sun, not enough time in the Beer Tent.

I can't really tan. If I sit in the sun for too long, I'll simply start to turn red. So, I prefer shady places or indoor environments, lol.