Sign in to follow this  
Riaan

Did Anyone Notice?

Did anyone notice in "Zero Hour" that Daniels listed only 4 of the founding planets of the Federation? He mentioned the Humans (Earth), the Vulcans (40 Eridani), the Tellarites (61 Cygni) and the Andorians (Star Empire of Epsilon Indii). Daniels did not mention Alpha Centauri.

Any ideas as to what this means? Was the "future" that Daniels showed Archer an altered one? Is Daniels and his buddies trying to muck with the timelines or trying to preserve the "correct" one?

What are your thoughts?

Guest Mike_Hines01

Alpha Centauri is a Human colony, so wouldn't they automaticaly join U.F.P along with other Human colonies?

The articles of the Federation state that the founding members are Earth, 40 Eridani, 61 Cygni, Eplison Indii and Alpha Centauri. Here is an excerpt of the Articles of Federation of the UFP:

Chapter XVIII: Ratification and Signature

Article 109

1.These Articles of Federation shall be ratified by the signatory governments in accordance with their respective statutory processes;

2.The ratifications shall be deposited with the government of the United nations of the planet earth, which shall notify all of the signatory governments of each deposit as well as the Supreme-Secretariat of the organization when he has been appointed;

3.These Articles of Federation shall come into full force upon the deposit of the ratifications by the United Nations of the Planet Earth, the Planetary Confederation of 40 Eridani, the United Planets of 61 Cygni, the Star Empire of Epsilon Indii, the Alpha Centauri Concordium of Planets, and by a majority of the other signatory social systems. A protocol of the ratifications deposited shall thereupon be drawn up by the government of the United Nations which shall communicate copies thereof to all the signatory governments;

4.The governments signatory to these articles of Federation which ratify it after it has come into force will become original members of the United Federation on the date of the deposit of their respective ratifications;

Alpha Centauri is uninhabitated I believe. So it could not really join, I believe it gains automatic membership because it is a colony. The Alpha Centauri Concordium of Planets could represent the colonies of planet Earth, since Earth is refered to as 'The United Nations of Earth'.

I think it is a valid point that it was orgotten n the writing. But I must say that it could have been purposefully edited out of the timeline....

Apha centari must be the home of the Denobulans...you did hear Danials say Denobulans didn't you? so you got the United Nations of Earth/Sol system, Planatary Confederation of 40 ERidani(Vulcans), United Planets of 61 Cygni, Star Empire of Epsilon Indii, Alph Centauri. I know the Vulcans are from 40 Eridani, but the others: Tellerites, Andorians, Denobulans? any canon information on which are from where? and how about the Rigal people?

Edited by headborg

Apha centari must be the home of the Denobulans...you did hear Danials say Denobulans didn't you?  so you got the United Nations of Earth/Sol system, Planatary Confederation of 40 ERidani(Vulcans), United Planets of 61 Cygni, Star Empire of Epsilon Indii, Alph Centauri.  I know the Vulcans are from 40 Eridani,  but the others: Tellerites, Andorians, Denobulans? any canon information on which are from where? and how about the Rigal people?

The list of the founding planets is in my original post. This is directly from the Articles of Federation of the UFP. Check out UFP homepage at:

http://www.geocities.com/p.black/UFP/ufp.html

To partially answer your question:

To my knowledge, Alpha Centauri was originally an earth colony. But it is listed separately as one of the founding planet systems. Referring back to TOS, I never heard of the Denobulans inhabiting Alpha Centauri.

61 Cygni is home to the Tellarites.

Epsilon Indii is home to the Andorians.

Hope this clears up a few things for you headborg.

I can't remember, but by the name, I'm guessing the Denobulans hang out somewhere around Deneb?

The Denobulans are from Denobula.

What's exhaustive about a list of 5 founding planets/species? I think there's something to the omission of Alpha Centauri.

Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that, as far as NASA can tell, there are no planets around either Alpha or Proxima Centuri. Hard to form a colony when there's nothing to do it on!

Maybe Trek is just moving with the times.

What's exhaustive about a list of 5 founding planets/species? I think there's something to the omission of Alpha Centauri.

Maybe they just couldn't spell it right and, to avoid embarrassment, the writers decided not to put it in the script.

Hey, you don't have to know how to spell it to say it. LOL