Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

First Contact

Remember, they released the deflector and destroyed it?

How did they get home?

Doesn't the deflector emit particles? If it was destroyed how did they get home?

Easy.

(Insert incredibly accurate techno explanation, followed by shouts of praise)

See?

Actually, maybe it was the same guys who found out how to transport through the Jenolen's shields.

lol i dont know......seems to me they wouldnt be able to make their way home but who knows. I have read about the deflector before and it does deflect space particles from hitting the ship.

Maybe they went around the sun like in STIV. Wow, I actually made a realistic suggestion! Mark this day on the calendar! :laugh:

They Didn't Release The Deflector. They Released The Particle Emitter, That Had The Borg's Interplexing Beacon On It.

The Main Portion Of The Deflector Was Still There.

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Easy! They got home by...by...hmm..uh...

Oh, I know! Data rewrote the script so that they got home in a timely manner and stuff!

Yeah! That's it! :D

well according to the novels/comics, they didnt get back home, at least, not right after. They landed in an alternate timeline, around the year 1999 or something. But that voyage started a chain reaction that was about to tear the space-time continuum apart. (well that was Kang's expaination but it wasnt true). So the Enterprise worked together with the X-Men (who encountered another crew of another Enterprise a while back) to defeat Kang. After that, the Enterprise used Kang's timehook device to get back to there own time.

NuclearWessel, did that really happen in the novel? Well, I'll just have to get my hands on the book then.

I would prefer to think that Picard "humbly" demand Q to send them back.

Hmm very good question, I have to agree with krysis. I'll have to read the novel and see if it is explained there. Of course replicating the parts they needed would be the most feasible explanation I could think of.

I am thinking they could have handled this several ways. Maybe they just replicated the necessary parts to fabricate a new particle emitter. After all, they seem to do that with warp cores fairly frequently...lol Besides I would think they would have to have the capability to repair the deflector on the fly, so to speak...what happens if it gets damaged some other way...like being burned out from firing too many anti-proton beams, or tachyon bursts or simulating photon torpedoe bursts...... :wacko:

But I think that the most probable explanation is that they just used the secondary deflector located under the front of the saucer section

Edited by Whitelitr