• I like it and I've read all the book and seen all the movies
    • I like it
    • I kind of like it
    • More than one of the above
    • It's not that good
    • I hate it
    • I brurn witches like in Monty Python :laugh:
    • I burn witches

I think it's overrated, I read the first four, and they were alright, but outside of Tolkien and Anne Rice, I'm not much for fantasy. Compared to LOTR it's a joke.

What about an option for those of us who have been living in a cave and all we know about Harry Potter is his name is Harry Potter not hairy potter. :(

I'm sorry, but I Love Hawwy, and Dobbie and Ron and Hermione and Dumbledore and Snape, and even the Malfoys. I didn't like LOTR as much, they throw way too much unnecessary information at you constantly. Oh and Hagred, I'd marry him in a second, he's my kind a guy :( :oops:

I like it and I've read all the book and seen all the movies, I mean, who doesn't like Harry??? :(

i loved nr 1 and 2 and tomorrow i am takeing my little sis to see nr 3 she is potter mad :(

Harrry Potter rules! I think I like Star Trek, the the Wheel of Time series, and then Harry Potter would be third. (That is in my favorite movies/books). I have all but memorized all five books, Harry's two schoolbooks that are out, and both movies. I am going to see Harry Potter 3 tomorrow! YAY! :(

I hate it

I don't like movies which promote witch craft to children. :hug:

Well it doesn't make me mad enough to put the angry face, but that's exactly why I hate them and why my children will never watch them.

:hug: i think harry potter is fun films to watch in 2 hrs i am off to see nr3 with my friend Hang and his younger sister :hug: Edited by DutchDebbie

I hate it

I don't like movies which promote witch craft to children. :hug:

Well it doesn't make me mad enough to put the angry face, but that's exactly why I hate them and why my children will never watch them.

Once again, same. And I know a ton of others who hold the same position.

Not gonna debate or bash, though; just giving a reason. :hug:

Oh and Hagred, I'd marry him in a second, he's my kind a guy :(  :oops:

I'd marry Sirius in a second Me-->Squeeze.gif<---Sirius

Ok, it's time I came clean. I used to LOVE the books, like when they first came out, but then with the movies and all that hype...it just became so over exposed.

But I just saw the third movie, I had forgotten how great that book was! I'm gonna give the fifth one a chance :tear:

I LOVE THE BOOKS AND THE MOVIES

I WILL BANISH ANYONE WHO HATES THEM!

I like Harry Potter and I even read one book. I never found any of the movies or the book that I read promote witchcraft.

I kind of like it. Have only seen the movies though...

But I do also love to burn witches like in Monty Python...

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"...I got better"

HAHAH

Promoting witchcraft to children? PALEEEZE. The only kids who would think any of that stuff in HP is real are already on the road to trouble anyway. I am a protestant Christian and I am totally addicted to Harry Potter! It certainly doesn't lead anyone to believe that you can BECOME a witch/wizard just by deciding to be one or reading a book about "spells."

There are a lot worse things in this world to protect your children from than a well-written series of children's books. I would think the following are much worse:

1.) Overscheduling your children with sports activities.

2.) Promoting intolerance.

3.) Stupid educational reforms, i.e. "No Child Left Behind."

4.) Apathy ... it's pretty prevalent out there. Just ask my husband, a high school teacher.

Those of you who are "protecting" your children from the intrepid boy wizard: Have you even read the books?

I kind of like it. Have only seen the movies though...

But I do also love to burn witches like in Monty Python...

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"...I got better"

HAHAH

what do you burn besides witches?

Click for Spoiler:

MORE WITCHES!!!!

I love Harry Potter! And I'm with gul_nodrog. There are many worse things out there, and I doubt that anyone is going to become a witch as a result.

Edited by Lubak10

I would like it... if I were 12 years-old.

It's just boring for an adult. I nearly fell asleep in the first one. The second one I rented on DVD to see if it had improved and it caused my computer to crash and messed up my DVD software with incessant questions about whether I needed a new player. Ugh.

I would like it... if I were 12 years-old.

It's just boring for an adult.  I nearly fell asleep in the first one.  The second one I rented on DVD to see if it had improved and it caused my computer to crash and messed up my DVD software with incessant questions about whether I needed a new player.  Ugh.

Lord, the first two movies really stunk! I haven't seen Prisoner of Azkaban yet.

When I say I love Harry Potter, I'm talking about the BOOKS. And I'm not 12 years old ... I'm a 39-year-old college graduate. The books are just fantastic ... those nutty movies are truly an insult to the material.

Heck, even my very favorite author, Stephen King, the man himself, the dude, or America's schlockmeister as he's affectionately known in some circles, like Harry Potter. He's waiting anxiously for Book 6 just like the rest of us Potterphiles.

Thats because you have to read the books in order to understand the movies..And you also have to be a fan too..