Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What's Up With Spike Tv?

Wasn't it TNN, The Nashville Network; then TNN, The National Network; and now Spike? It's as if it thinks it keeps changing its name we'll forget how poor the shows it offers really are. Sorry, Joe Dope doesn't do it for me.tongue.gif

My complaint is they took off DS9

And totally off topic but smiling Bob has a female counterpart on WE (okay I was desperate for something to watch). Here I am watching some sappy movie and here they are with some happy lady singing the praises of some new enhancing drug.

Okay, back on topic - has anyone seen anything in print on why they took off DS9?

But it used to be on at both 1 and 7. Now my only chances to see it are wkdays at 1 and Friday nights. :laugh:

Is it just me or did they skip a season or two

i was watching Our man Bahsir today

Where did Worf come from?

I hate when they skip seasons. My local station went from the 6th season of Voyager and went back to the Caretaker. :laugh:

sigh, Spike TV has now replaced the 7pm TNG with Wildest Police Videos. I like those shows but wold rather have DS9 back!

Besides, aren't there only like 10 of thse shows?

i was wondering if they (spike) skipped a season cause i recorded ds9 one day and -there was Worf. i think it may have been the first one or one of the first ones and i was like HEY!! there's worf. whats he doing here? but i am happy, trials and tribbleations will be on soon. whee!!! :dude:

Spike TV is getting to the point were it is as bad as Fox, SciFi channel or worse.  It removes perfectly good programming and replaces it with idiotic shows. :blink:

229053[/snapback]

i wacth spike tv . two things that makes me mad about spike tv they took all the hunting and fishing show off the air put on trucks in saturday, and changeing timeslot for ds9 .

Edited by amcroja

And now they've even taken TNG off in the evening and put on some Police show! I'm all for the police, but no Trek at night?!?!?

Yeah, how can one show take over two different shows timeslots? Especially since there doesn't apear to be that many of those police chase shows. I mean with that schedule it must be repeating every 2-3 weeks!

Agh, I hate SpikeTV's programming now.... Putting TNG and DS9 in bad (or at least, not as good) time-slots, and airing car chases... :dude:

I remember back in the older days when TNN was airing TNG alot.... I dislike this new slogan: "First Network for Men"... I thought TBS had one akin to that...

At least SciFi still airs some of my TV shows, at the time I like...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

TREK UNCUT IS TNG! I DON'T BELEVE IT! I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SEE IT IN THE DAY SO ONE NIGHT OUT OF THE WEEK I WANT TO SEE DS9! WE SHOULD START A PITITION! I am outraged that they call themselves "The home of Star Trek" because they DISREPECT STAR TREK by moving them into TERRIBLE time slots. Mabye we could unleash some tribbles into the Spike TV HQ and then make them do as we say MUHAHAHAHAHA. Rename it to "Star Trek Channel" and show episodes of Star Trek (Each Series) 24/7! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I have school, I can't watch DS9 or TNG. Only Voyager on sundays, and my DS9 season 1+2 DVDs. AAARGH! Who's with me? Going to their website and finding a way to complain!

http://www.spiketv.com/interact/feedback/feedback.jhtml

Mwahahahahah!

Edited by sea trooper

Woah...so they're not showing TNG at 8 either?!?!

This is ridiculous! Most of us are at work or school at 1pm! I can't belive they're not showing TNG either. I like DS9 better than TNG, but at least there was SOME Trek at a reasonable hour. I mean, DS9 was only on at 7 for a few months (or maybe weeks) I think I'll steal RC's thwacking stick and thwack those guys that chose to mess with the PERFECTLY FINE schedule!

This isn't funny...I NEED my fix!

So I've gotten used to the 1:00PM/ET showing and I've set my VCR accordingly. Guess what???

I checked the tape today. Spike's done it again!!!! No DS9. Back-to-back episodes of TNG instead. Spike's moved DS9. It's now on for 2 hours -- from 11:00AM to 1:00PM/ET. This network is unbelievable.

I have a feeling that soon trek will be abolished to 12 am soon..TNT did this to the xfiles...

I think its not fair

I am somewhat dissappointed as well with this new developement. On the one hand I missed two episodes of DS9 since my VCR wasn't set correctly teh first day that they changed it. But, on the other, now we get four episodes of Star Trek a day at least instead of two:good point.

Does this make up for the fact that they replaced Trek Uncut Friday nights with a CSI Marathon? Depends. In my area Enterprise comes on at 10 on Fridays so now I can watch it.

The bottom line:

I guess this schedule is fine but that's enough in my book. Don't have Star Trek on at 3am or the only ratings Spike will get from me are the occasional times I watch MXC.

The answer is an all Star Trek network and let's forget about Spike, Fox, UPN and Sci-Fi all together.

It's sheer heaven having TNG and DS9 on DVD, plus all the movies. We can watch them whenever we want. However, I think it would be awesome if there were a network that was all Star Trek all the time. There is plenty of material to fill the hours between movies, series, special features off the DVDs, those Trekkie/Trekker documentaries ... and they could throw in a program every once in a while that one of our Star Trek acting alumni was starring in.

There isn't a network left on the air or cable that gives a rat's butt about us Trek fans anyway. We should fight for our very own dedicated channel and the heck with everyone else.

I've been using my TiVo to record some Star Trek lately and I have to say that SpikeTV is the single most annoying channel on the face of the earth. I may stop the TiVo from recording them all together.

I have school in the morning so the only Trek I can watch it TOS on weekends and my DS9 1&2 DVDs. But my DVD player is broken!!! :clap:

As for previous posts, I don't know. All I know is that at this time I'm seeing 4 hours of Trek. At 11 am, and again at noon, at see DS9. Then at 1 pm and 2 pm I see TNG. I couldn't be happier. I'm happy to see DS9 because I missed much of it, and I want to catch up. I'm happy about TNG because, even though I've seen every episode since the 2nd season, it still brings back good Trek memories.

I just wish they still had the "Trek Uncut" every Friday night at 9. Always 2-part episodes, but they limited them to TNG episodes. If they went with ALL Trek, it would have been so much better. Even though DS9 had that one 3-part episode, but SpikeTV could have made it a special thing.

I just wish they still had the "Trek Uncut" every Friday night at 9. Always 2-part episodes, but they limited them to TNG episodes. If they went with ALL Trek, it would have been so much better. Even though DS9 had that one 3-part episode, but SpikeTV could have made it a special thing.

269392[/snapback]

I miss that Trek Uncut thing too! And you're right, they should include all Trek series in that uncut deal. So much more to choose from. And I think it would be a good way to get other Trek fans on the DS9 bandwagon if they showed some of the DS9 multi-part episodes during primetime on a Friday night when they were tuning in to watch TNG anyway.

Oh, well, nobody really cares about us.