Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Where Can I Download Specific Tos Episodes?

Where can I download specific TOS episodes online??? (Except for torrent sites like SuprNova...) Specifically "The City on the edge of forever"... Not a full season, just one episode...

Try KaZaa, eMule or some other P2P. That's where I got my copy from. It's about 350mb though so if you don't have high speed you will be downloading for a week or so.

Ummm... which version of Kazaa did you download?

Download Kazaa lite...

It doesn't have spyware built into it...

Also get adware...

I'll IM you...

Ummm... which version of Kazaa did you download?

Download Kazaa lite...

It doesn't have spyware built into it...

Also get adware...

I'll IM you...

He has Kazaa Lite, and you don't want adware. That's "bad" stuff. What you want is adaware to remove adware.

I forgot to type adware 6 from lavasoft....

that's what I meant...

you could also get spybot search and destroy...

More sources means that you need more users who have it to log on and you can take it from them...

I asked this same question when i first joined about tng eps and no one really helped me lol. But there are a bunch on kazaa. And these guys are right kazaa lite is WAY better. Ill never go back to the original with all that spyware crap. Anyways the only prob u may encounter is that u cant get connected to a user. So just be patient and just keep trying. There are very few actual sites to download them off of. BTW what is a torrent site....never heard of one.

I asked this same question when i first joined about tng eps and no one really helped me lol.  But there are a bunch on kazaa.  And these guys are right kazaa lite is WAY better. Ill never go back to the original with all that spyware crap.  Anyways the only prob u may encounter is that u cant get connected to a user.  So just be patient and just keep trying.  There are very few actual sites to download them off of.  BTW what is a torrent site....never heard of one.

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post about TNG. I must have missed it, I generally try to respond to any download questions I see.

KaZaa Lite is for sure the way to go, though I like SuprNova better. The only problem in SuprNova is that right now they only have full seasons to download and they are about 10GB per season.

hey man i went to torrents and i dont understand......everytime i click on a link for a download all i get is java script. ive sorta given up hope with kazaa cause i can never connect with anyone. my parents downgraded our cable last year and i dont get spike tv anymore i cant watch my reruns lol. Im about to die.....anyone else have any links/suggestions?

Edited by blitzkrieg1110

hey man i went to torrents and i dont understand......everytime i click on a link for a download all i get is java script.  ive sorta given up hope with kazaa cause i can never connect with anyone. my parents downgraded our cable last year and i dont get spike tv anymore i cant watch my reruns lol.  Im about to die.....anyone else have any links/suggestions?

You have to be sure you have the Bit Torrent program installed. I use Burst.

If you don't have the program let me know and I'll show you where to get it.

Where can I download specific TOS episodes online??? (Except for torrent sites like SuprNova...) Specifically "The City on the edge of forever"... Not a full season, just one episode...

Downloading is very illegal. However, you can find this episode on one of the 2-episode volumes at your local media store for $20. :(

Downloading is very illegal. However, you can find this episode on one of the 2-episode volumes at your local media store for $20. :(

That holds true for anything that has a copyright, not just products that are for sale in your local store.

Something to keep in mind when you are downloading things that are not yet on DVD. :(

That holds true for anything that has a copyright, not just products that are for sale in your local store.

Something to keep in mind when you are downloading things that are not yet on DVD. :(

According to a local TV station that I call on occasion, downloading TV episodes is no more illegal than recording with your VCR, which is technically illegal, but the TV industry doesn't care. When the TV industry asks us not to download, then I'll stop. :)

Well, technically recording is not illegal as it counts for ratings...

So technically you're "paying" them

Downloading is very illegal. However, you can find this episode on one of the 2-episode volumes at your local media store for $20. :)

According to a local TV station that I call on occasion, downloading TV episodes is no more illegal than recording with your VCR, which is technically illegal, but the TV industry doesn't care. When the TV industry asks us not to download, then I'll stop. :(

I just spoke with my local TV channel as well and explained to them what your TV Channel told you. They would like to know what channel it is (The call letters). The reason they would like to know is because they are advising you that it is ok to participate in an illegal activity and if they are affiliated then they want to "look into the matter."

I also further did a search and found this in USA Today's site:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2004-05-20-tv_x.htm

Posted 5/20/2004 2:07 AM     Updated 5/20/2004 2:20 AM

Online trading of TV episodes grows

By Jefferson Graham, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — Missed the final episode of Frasier or Friends? Many college kids aren't waiting for the reruns. They're downloading the shows instead.

With millions of unauthorized media files being traded on the Internet, it's impossible to put an exact number on how many TV episodes are out there.

But Jorge Gonzalez, who runs Zeropaid.com, a file-sharing guide, says he's seen "a big increase in the last six months for new sites that specialize in trading TV shows."

The Simpsons, Friends, The Sopranos and other shows are readily available at both Kazaa, the world's most-used file-sharing program, and new sites like eDonkey, TVTorrents.com and Bucktv.net.

BayTSP, a Silicon Valley company that tracks unauthorized Internet file trading, found nearly 20,000 files of popular TV shows like The Simpsons and Alias being offered for free on Wednesday.

The TV industry fears being Napsterized. Record labels blame a three-year 25% decline in sales on Internet music swapping. Movie studios are fighting online film traders. Now, TV downloading has become "a very serious and growing problem," says Ron Wheeler, senior vice president of Fox Entertainment Group, producer of The Simpsons. The situation is of greater concern, he says, because TV files are smaller than movie files — so easier to download.

Still, unlike music MP3 files, which take minutes to acquire, TV shows can take more than an hour to get.

The TV- and movie-trading programs work with free BitTorrent software. To speed downloading, BitTorrent connects users to many different fragments of the show. They are then pieced together seamlessly on arrival.

The process is more cumbersome than music downloads. But students don't mind. "It's not that much of a bother," says Boston University student Ethan Clay. "You type The Simpsons on your PC, choose an episode, go out to dinner, and come back and watch it."

Some TV shows hit the Internet days before they actually air, says BayTSP CEO Mark Ishikawa. They are coming from people with access at post-production houses or TV affiliates, he says.

But it's not just those with connections. Hewlett-Packard, Gateway and Dell make Media Center PCs with built-in TV tuners to record shows onto hard drives for personal use. Also, $50 TV "capture cards" can be inserted into any desktop for similar results. Once the shows are digitized, they can easily be transferred to the Internet.

As with sharing songs or movies, it is illegal to swap TV shows online. But unlike the music industry, which has sued more than 2,500 people for trading songs, no one's been sued for putting TV shows online. Industry executives say that's under consideration. The industry also is pushing legislation that would scramble TV content, making swapping impossible.

As for the topic of recording TV shows being illegal, I didn't look for any links on that topic but I think it's clear that it is not to record TV shows for your own personal use. If it was illegal there would be no TiVO and no other kinds of DVR's.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that anyone repent and give up downloading. I'm just pointing out that downloading TV episodes is just as much of a copyright violation as downloading music is.

I can understand the giant media conglomerates being upset about downloading movies or music- but network TV shows? These are paid for initially by the advertisers and then re-sold in syndication! I read in the NY Times that the Simpsons is worth hundreds of millions of $$s' but the network begrudged the cast a pay increase becuase they weren't "real" actors. If they are that concerned about not getting money from downloads, they should just put commercials in the downloads- problem solved.

Sorry if this tirade was way off subject.

I can understand the giant media conglomerates being upset about downloading movies or music- but network TV shows?  These are paid for initially by the advertisers and then re-sold in syndication!  I read in the NY Times that the Simpsons is worth hundreds of millions of $$s' but the network begrudged the cast a pay increase becuase they weren't "real" actors.  If they are that concerned about not getting money from downloads, they should just put commercials in the downloads- problem solved.

I'm in agreement, but I do understand their point of view. If I can download whatever TV show I want without the commercials then why bother watching it on TV in the first place? If enough people do that then advertising dollars will vanish because the audience is vanishing, at least the commercial viewing audience is.

Then there's the problem they face about syndication. Why put something into syndication if every single episode is readily available on the internet at the click of a button? Again there is no need for a viewer to tune in when they can already watch it commercial free.

Now comes another problem, now a days the sale of TV shows on DVD is becoming more popular. Why should I go buy the DVD's when they come out if I already have every episode downloaded?

I don't think downloading is as big of a problem for the TV industry as it is for the music industry but I do understand their concerns. I just disagree with their solutions. This technology is here to stay and will only get better. They (TV, Movie and Record industries) need to embrace it and learn how to use it to their advantage. They could release their own free "official" downloads with commercials already inserted. There would people that will go and cut the commercials out but there would be a larger amount of people that won't be bothered and will just let the commercials run.

I can understand the giant media conglomerates being upset about downloading movies or music- but network TV shows?  These are paid for initially by the advertisers and then re-sold in syndication!  I read in the NY Times that the Simpsons is worth hundreds of millions of $$s' but the network begrudged the cast a pay increase becuase they weren't "real" actors.  If they are that concerned about not getting money from downloads, they should just put commercials in the downloads- problem solved.

I'm in agreement, but I do understand their point of view. If I can download whatever TV show I want without the commercials then why bother watching it on TV in the first place? If enough people do that then advertising dollars will vanish because the audience is vanishing, at least the commercial viewing audience is.

Then there's the problem they face about syndication. Why put something into syndication if every single episode is readily available on the internet at the click of a button? Again there is no need for a viewer to tune in when they can already watch it commercial free.

Now comes another problem, now a days the sale of TV shows on DVD is becoming more popular. Why should I go buy the DVD's when they come out if I already have every episode downloaded?

I don't think downloading is as big of a problem for the TV industry as it is for the music industry but I do understand their concerns. I just disagree with their solutions. This technology is here to stay and will only get better. They (TV, Movie and Record industries) need to embrace it and learn how to use it to their advantage. They could release their own free "official" downloads with commercials already inserted. There would people that will go and cut the commercials out but there would be a larger amount of people that won't be bothered and will just let the commercials run.

Good idea. I try and edit out commercials when I record Enterprise, but usually don't bother. To quote Tom Robbins- the more advertising I see the less I want to buy.

According to a local TV station that I call on occasion, downloading TV episodes is no more illegal than recording with your VCR, which is technically illegal, but the TV industry doesn't care. When the TV industry asks us not to download, then I'll stop. :tear:

I just spoke with my local TV channel as well and explained to them what your TV Channel told you. They would like to know what channel it is (The call letters). The reason they would like to know is because they are advising you that it is ok to participate in an illegal activity and if they are affiliated then they want to "look into the matter."

So what is the channel that told you it's ok?

According to a local TV station that I call on occasion, downloading TV episodes is no more illegal than recording with your VCR, which is technically illegal, but the TV industry doesn't care. When the TV industry asks us not to download, then I'll stop. :tear:

Should there be a sperate thread about this???

Should there be a sperate thread about this???

No

lol it looks like this is quite a hot topic. I know that as a teenager without a job it is very hard for me to save enough money to buy seperate seasons of star trek on dvd. Especially with a 70$ price tag and above. I have mentioned it before but when my parents downgraded our cable, i did not get spike tv anymore and i wasnt able to watch the tng and ds9 reruns. so if there was a way to get just a few episodes on the net then i would be happy. obviously there are a lot of views on this but i think that it should be allowed as long as you dont download whole seasons or anything.

I forgot to type adware 6 from lavasoft....

that's what I meant...

you could also get spybot search and destroy...

More sources means that you need more users who have it to log on and you can take it from them...

219414[/snapback]

yea we got spyware on our pc we had to have our pc completely wiped tha other week..... i recommend www.download.com to download the latest spyware removal there is :biggrin: