Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Shatner at the helm

NO

Although it was not completely Shatner's fault that ST V was not very good, he SHOULD NOT be allowed to have the opportunity again, especially after his recent Star Trek bashing.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

director.gifJonathan Frakes should direct every Star Trek Movie. Bigsmile.gif

What star trek bashing, what did I miss??? :tear:

I hope Jonathan Frakes gets another shot in the director's chair. I understand he had a few disputes with the PTB over Insurrection (he says it the only movie he would like to do a director's cut for) and judging from how Insurrection turned out when compared to First Contact the PTB should have let him do what he wanted!!!

As for Shatner Trek-bashing he made comments that he thought Trek had lost its way and needed new blood. Probably has never even watched Enterprise or been in a threatre to see Nemesis. A number of people have also commented on his apparent surliness in the commentary on a couple of the recent special editions of TOS movies that have come out.

Wasn't he the one who told fans to get a life as well?

Nice. :tear: Isn't it us with no lives that pay his bills?

Shatner is a fat git who is up his own arse for the most part! Well if I ever met him i would insult him on his own level. "Ha ha! You're old and fat and talentless!" I apologise for this childish outburst but i had fun. :angry:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

What star trek bashing, what did I miss??? :angry:

You know what your talking about!! I wish he'd directed Nemesis instead of Stuart Baird don't you ?

Read James Doohan's book "Beam Me Up Scotty" and you'll get another insight into Mr. Shatner. I don't think he was overly popular with the rest of the cast either.

TOS is my fave series. I'm no Shatner fan, nor is Kirk my fave captain. And, God knows, V is the only ST movie I've seen once, and will not watch again. I know Jimmy Doohan can't stand him (although I haven't read his book). I know Walter Koenig can't stand him (read part of his book). On and on ad nauseum through the "minor" cast. But Nichelle Nichols and George Takei both mention in their books that, even though they don't care for him, he was a good director for them. (Takei says that he's a good actor, and he was acting the part of a good director. I like that phrasing. :angry: ) The condescension to his fellow castmates and the fans is something I will not forget.

TOS is my fave series.  I'm no Shatner fan, nor is Kirk my fave captain.  And, God knows, V is the only ST movie I've seen once, and will not watch again.  I know Jimmy Doohan can't stand him (although I haven't read his book).  I know Walter Koenig can't stand him (read part of his book).  On and on ad nauseum  through the "minor" cast.  But Nichelle Nichols and George Takei both mention in their books that, even though they don't care for him, he was a good director for them.  (Takei says that he's a good actor, and he was acting the part of a good director.  I like that phrasing. :angry: ) The condescension to his fellow castmates and the fans is something I will not forget.

It really sounds like a huge dose of "I'm the STAR" syndrome combined with "You DO know who I am? disease. :lol:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

What star trek bashing, what did I miss??? :angry:

Jonathan Frakes seems to know how to do the job, but Leonard Nimoy and Nick Meyer. But for direction alone I think Robert Wise has to be up there.

You know what your talking about!! I wish he'd directed Nemesis instead of Stuart Baird don't you ?

YES! Oh lord do I wish he had directed it! Maybe I would have liked the movie a little more. I'm totally annoyed that they ended my all time favorite show with a movie I can't stand.1050846755.gif

YES! Oh lord do I wish he had directed it! Maybe I would have liked the movie a little more. I'm totally annoyed that they ended my all time favorite show with a movie I can't stand.1050846755.gif

ditto

Direct? Well if anyone checked out Groom Lake it really wants to make you say NO. I will say Yes to see him on a Star Trek either a movie or tv show (or tv movie for that matter.) Kirk is my favorite character and I have to admit I agree with bringbackkirk.com when he was offed soulessly when he went splat at the bottom of a cliff. Personally I think the ending should have had Picard run down where the bridge had fell and when he got there kirk is no where to be found. We then see a figure creep up behind Jean Luc dusting himself off and say something like "That was a close one."

Picard is a bit dumbfound looks at the bridge and then looks up at the cliff and then asks kirk "How did you..."

Kirk looks at the bridge and then looks at the cliff..."Oh that...just a little trick I learned in the 23rd century." After that we have kirk retire or go hop galaxies in a new 24th century federation.

Direct?  Well if anyone checked out Groom Lake it really wants to make you say NO.  I will say Yes to see him on a  Star Trek either a movie or tv show (or tv movie for that matter.)  Kirk is my favorite character and I have to admit I agree with bringbackkirk.com when he was offed soulessly when he went splat at the bottom of a cliff.  Personally I think the ending should have had Picard run down where the bridge had fell and when he got there kirk is no where to be found.  We then see a figure creep up behind Jean Luc dusting himself off and say something like "That was a close one."

Picard is a bit dumbfound looks at the bridge and then looks up at the cliff and then asks kirk "How did you..."

Kirk looks at the bridge and then looks at the cliff..."Oh that...just a little trick I learned in the 23rd century."  After that we have kirk retire or go hop galaxies in a new 24th century federation.

what was groom lake? a movie or a show? i liked kirks character, wish GENERATION were a whole lot different than it was, and no i dont think a directors cut by shatner would make V any better, so no i dont think we should give him another chance at it. anyone else here hate those commercials he does for priceline. damn talk about making yourself look stupid. oh well the things we do for money.lol. anyone see GALAXYQUEST it was hilarious, i think the parady of shatner was hillarius, i wonder how much of that really reflects how he is. oh well ill stop ranting now, ill leave the answer at a NO

anyone see GALAXYQUEST it was hilarious, i think the parady of shatner was hillarius, i wonder how much of that really reflects how he is. oh well ill stop ranting now, ill leave the answer at a NO

I thought Galaxy Quest was hilarious! ESPECIALLY the beginning, that lampooned them all! But the captain's character...that was preciously funny!

Whats the bet that Shatner would fit in the captain's chair?  :laugh:

hehehe! That's a good one! :dude:

what was groom lake? a movie or a show? i liked kirks character, wish GENERATION were a whole lot different than it was, and no i dont think a directors cut by shatner would make V any better, so no i dont think we should give him another chance at it. anyone else here hate those commercials he does for priceline. damn talk about making yourself look stupid. oh well the things we do for money.lol. anyone see GALAXYQUEST it was hilarious, i think the parady of shatner was hillarius, i wonder how much of that really reflects how he is. oh well ill stop ranting now, ill leave the answer at a NO

Groom Lake was a direct to sale home movie that was produced by Full Moon productions. It blew and the only good actor in the entire film was William Shatner. He should stick to acting because the other low budget independent movie he was in, Free Enterprise, was extremely good.