Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Redwing

Favorite Delta Quadrant Species

Which is your favorite Delta Quadrant species?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Delta Quadrant species?

• Kazon
    • Vidiian
    • Talaxian
    • Ocompan
    • Malon
    • Hirogen
    • Species 8472 (well not really from the DQ, but...)
    • "Overlooker" Aliens (the piggy guys)
    • Other

I can't believe I didn't think of this poll until now!(unless someone else already did....)

I voted for Hirogen. I like their whole hunting structure, and I really like the way "Flesh and Blood" worked out!

I have only listed the ones that have been in several episodes. If you remember another species you saw, choose other.

I chose the species because when I first saw them I was literaly shocked in there appearance and what they did. I was dumbfound when I saw them annihilate an entire Borg planet. :tear::D:idea:

I can't believe I didn't think of this poll until now!(unless someone else already did....)

I voted for Hirogen. I like their whole hunting structure, and I really like the way "Flesh and Blood" worked out!

I have only listed the ones that have been in several episodes. If you remember another species you saw, choose other.

I voted Hirogen for the same reasons. I also liked the 2 parter The Killing Game. That was fascinating.

I was just going to make this poll so you beat me by a bit hehe. Anyway, I liked the Hirogen the most. They were involved in some very cool episodes (in a way it was almost a Hirogen arc) and their hunter mentality was really interesting, even though it kind of ripped of Predator. In my opinion though, that wasn't a bad thing and was a very good idea for a Star Trek species. They wore badass outfits and had killer weapons as a bonus, it's too bad they were introduced kind of late.

The Kazon? Talk about dregs of the galaxy! For this one, I went with Species 8472, they scared the crap out me.

Species 8472 were really amazing in Scorpion Part 1 and 2. When 5 of the ships combined for that powerful attack, that was just plain cool hehe. I would probably like them more if they were featured in more episodes.

I like the Hedgehogs.....Oops I mean the Talaxian. I thought they were a great race who had been brutalized and had come through by sheer determination.

I really like Nelix. I wished there had been more episodes in Voyager that involed his species. The Talaxian I thought were good people. Many of the other species in the Delta Quadrant I really didn't like. :(

:laugh::bow: Me, I have to vote for the Talaxians. My 6 yearold wants one for her Birthday. Thats so I don't have to watch her anymore. Then maybe I could go out more often. :wow:

Species 8-4-7-2. Too bad they got neutered so quickly. They would have made an interesting long term foe. Better than the Borg, IMO. The Borg are way overused, and I never really cared for them beyond their very first appearance on TNG.

species 8472 is so misunderstood. they are peacefull yet deadly at the same time. smart yet very stupid..... I think that 8472 is the closest species to human behavior

You know, beside Nelix species, I would also have to say that species 8472 I found pretty "cool." They were made to look evil by the Borg. But they were merely defending themselves. :innocent:

:innocent: Let's just say ' the Hirogen were a militaristic species that believed in hunting prey that were not whimpy. If you put up a fight then you worthy to be hunted and worthy of their respect. :laugh:

I like the Ocampans because they live for 9 years and they have powerful minds.

I liked the Vidians. They weren't nasty just to be evil but because they had to be in order to surviv. I loved the episode where the Doctor re-creates a holographic Vidian of how she should have looked. I felt so sad for them. Though happy when the Think Tank....

Click for Spoiler:

announced they had found a cure for their illness, the Phage wasnt it?

I enjoyed the Hirogen episodes that dealt with their decline as a species and the Hirogen captain's attempts to confine their hunting rituals to holodecks, I thought they provided more depth into Hirogen culture as a whole.

I really like Nelix.  I wished there had been more episodes in Voyager that involed his species.  The Talaxian I thought were good people.  Many of the other species in the Delta Quadrant I really didn't like. :lol:

Hi there :laugh:

I liked the Talaxians too. I really liked Homestead, when Voyager found Talaxians living inside an asteroid. It was a great Neelix story and I'm glad he decided to go back there to live with his people. Have you ever read 'Pathways' by Jeri Taylor?? Neelix talks about his life on Talax and Rinax in that book. I found that to be very interesting, especially when he had to get away from Talax because he saw something he wasn't supposed to see. He had to leave his family behind and live on Rinax so the authorities couldn't catch him. As it turned out, Talax was destroyed so if Neelix had stayed there, he would have died and then we would have never seen him on Voyager and the crew would never have been able to experience the taste of leola roots...........................lol!

Seriously though, I thought the Talaxians were very honest and genuine people.

I didn't really grow to like any of the other Delta Quadrant species, although I thought The Vidians were scary. Whenever they appeared on Voyager, I always shuddered at the thought of someone losing their organs. Species 8472 made the Borg look harmless and they way they moved, sort of reminded me of a big spider...........

Linda

I liked species 8472, and I do agree that the Borg were over used. I would have liked to see Voyager have a different major enemy than something that we had already seen.

My favorite Delta Quadrant species is the BORG!!!!! ;);) :lol:

RESISTANCE IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN...FUTILE (Locutus of Borg) ;)

:grin:

My favorite Delta Quadrant species is the BORG!!!!!  ;):grin:;)

RESISTANCE IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN...FUTILE  <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'>(Locutus of Borg) :lol:

;)

</span></span>

im with you. they always seemed to almost to have a upper hand whenever they bump into Voyager. but always don't see the alternative when they don't computer the number of disavangtages they could of against them so they can get thier butt's kicked.