Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Everyone Will Hate Me For This, But...

Tim, the leader of saveenterprise.com said in the chat:

forget Cannon and the timeline..

So, us Trekkies who follow the timeline hate Enterprise!!! I am not saying you shouldn't like Enterprise, but it DOES contradict the timeline, even the FOUNDER AND LEADER OF SAVEENTERPRISE.COM AGREES!!!

Click for Spoiler:

killent2-big.jpg

Note to mod: Everyone is entitled an opinion... please don't delete this...

Edited by Commodore -Harry Kim-

I'll give Enterprise one more chance with this really bad alien arc coming next season..

I hate long arcs..

I like long arcs if I can follow them. By long I mean a season, maybe 2 not like the X-Files where you had to take notes. When TV becomes like homework I turn it off and read a book or something. The Enterprise back in time I can accept if the story is well written, I'm not sure about that alien at the very end, I hope they have a plot to go with him/her and didn't just add them in as an afterthought. Nazis are bad enough but extraterrestrial Nazis, are we ready for that? :waaaa:

Okay, you're entitled to your opinion but how is this prove that Enterprise isn't canon? So what if the leader of SaveEnterprise says forget canon and the timeline. That's his opinion and that hardly proves the series isn't canon.

If Rick Berman or Brannon Braga says it isn't canon that's a different story but anyone of us can say whatever we want but that doesn't make it true.

I have no problem with your opinion I just don't think it's fair to call it conclusive proof.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Personally I like Enterprise and don't really care much for timelines as they tend to imprision creativity.

Exactly, TM. This is entertainment, fiction. Which entitles the writers to poetic license, which I am for 100%. Canon isin't etched in stone, it can be revised, and may have been in the past. We don't know everything. The timeline may be correct, we just may not understand it. And if it isn't, SO WHAT? :waaaa:

Edited by Jeanway

I agree with Harry

Its really bad trek..Put it out of its misery!

Well other places he has said he hates it

Which is what i agree on :waaaa:

Well Alter :waaaa:

In the Spoiler it says diffrently..What do you think harry?

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

I think he meant not to be so OBSESSIVE about it. ENTERPRISE ROCKS!  :waaaa:
Well other places he has said he hates it

Which is what i agree on  :)

Well Alter

In the Spoiler it says diffrently..

I must agree with Tina...

I have to admit that I still find it odd that people who call themselves Star Trek fans want the show cancelled even though in style there are many links to TOS. Personally I was never a big fan of DS9 or Voyager but I never called for them to be cancelled. Anyway back to topic...

I think with the long arcs, you lose some of the mystery. you have a good idea of what you are going to be doing each week, so there are less wild and unexpected things...although the wierd alien at the end was a curve ball. how could the timeline aliens have changed Earth histroy when all that happened was the weapon exploded over Earth? I don't get that at all and i'm not sure i like it since it does not seem to tie into anything we know. I kind of like tie ins...this ain't one of them.

I have actually been on the fence about ENT for a few years now (after season one) and i think i'll be staying there. it's a nice chance to spend time with Ed, but it's not as entertaining as i would like. IMHO.

sigh

Well Alter  :)

In the Spoiler it says diffrently..What do you think harry?

That spoiler pic was not there when I first read the thread. Why would someone leading the charge to save ENT have a banner saying cancel it? :) Something doesn't add up. :waaaa:

Tim, the leader of saveenterprise.com said in the chat:
forget Cannon and the timeline..

So, us Trekkies who follow the timeline hate Enterprise!!! I am not saying you shouldn't like Enterprise, but it DOES contradict the timeline, even the FOUNDER AND LEADER OF SAVEENTERPRISE.COM AGREES!!!

Click for Spoiler:

killent2-big.jpg

Note to mod: Everyone is entitled an opinion... please don't delete this...

I'm not going to accept that ENT isn't cannon based on your say so nor Tim's say so. Show me proof before telling me it isn't cannon, please.

I don't like Enterprise and i signed the petition..I like the idea of Enterprise ..i like Porthos and Scott bakula..but it dissapointed me..Where all trek got better in the second and third seasons(or in the movies in the TOS case) Enterprise has stilll remained weak..I wish they either make it better or put it outs of its misery

That is because the banner is not part of the Save Enterprise site. Perhaps it could be made a bit clearer.

Thanks TM that's what I thought and you just did.

I don't like Enterprise and i signed the petition..I like the idea of Enterprise ..i like Porthos and Scott bakula..but it dissapointed me..Where all trek got better in the second and third seasons(or in the movies in the TOS case) Enterprise has stilll remained weak..I wish they either make it better or put it outs of its misery

I disagree that Enterprise is weak, different from the style of shows like DS9 and Voyager perhaps, that is why I like it.

Enterprise is the show that made me excited about Star Trek again.

Its not?!

::goes in search of Harry for clarification::

Diffrent..Weak

Tomatoe Tomato...

Diffrence of opinions

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

I love Enterprise, but even if I didn't I still wouldn't want it canceled because it would be really hard to get it started again. Also, I think Enterprise is doing an awesome job with being creative and coming up with new storylines considering that there has already been four series before it.

Ok they producers of Enterprise made like 80 if not 90% of what is canon. I am I little tired of these story arcs but there really hasn't been this huge breach on continuity the bashers are whining about.

This is an exciting time for Enterprise. They just wrapped up a wonderful 3rd season, had a killer of a season finale and were renewed for a 4th season..Life is good in the world of Star Trek..In my opinion Harry, it is canon unless I see some proof or Rick Berman says other wise..I'm not that picky about the timeline being messed up as long as the episodes are entertaining..The other Trek series aren't perfect either..They are good fiction and that's it..Everybody is entitled to their opinion..But I still feel the same way as I did during the first season of Enterprise..If you don't like it, don't watch it..Why get it cancelled and ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy it ??

In my opinion Harry, it is canon unless Rick Berman says other wise..

Trust me, Rick Berman probably doesn't even know it's not canon... :waaaa: :) :) :) :) :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What ever Berman says is canon is Canon, he's the producer! He's produced more good trek then even Roddenbury!