Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Captain Picard

Ok, here's one

Throughout the series, we see from other characters their concern for their Captain. So post ways that you have noticed. I'll start us off

In the Best of Both Worlds when the awayteam returns, when questioned about Picard, Worf responds "He is a Borg" in a very hurt, defeated, and sounding pretty lost in despair.

Well, just watch the episode "Gambit, Part I".

Riker refuses to accept Jean-Luc's death until he knows who has killed him. And the relieved look upon his face when he sees that Jean-Luc is alive...

Or take a look at "The Inner Light".

Everyone is more than just concerned when Jean-Luc collapses on the bridge. :o

There are many more examples, but I can't list them all (would be impossible :( ).

This is one thing I love about the TNG crew. They may not be the crew with the most relaxed way of behaviour between the officers, but you see that they care a great deal for each other and especially for their captain. :(

They are so concerned that it becomes annoying sometimes, at least for Jean-Luc. I remember a scene in a turbolift when he tells Riker to stop being too concerned about him :(

In the movie First Contact, when Captain Picard decided to disobey orders and go to the aid of earth in its battle with the Borg cube, Picard gave his bridge officers the right to object, and he would note it for the record. Data, speaking for the others, said, "To hell with our orders." They refused to let Picard stand alone in his choice to disobey a direct order, which protected Picard, because if he had been court-martialed, they would have had to court-martial the entire Bridge crew---a loss of too many good officers. At least they refused to let Picard risk consequences alone.

In the movie Insurrection, Picard's officers refused to let him fight for the Baku alone, confronting him as he tried to quietly sneak off.

Well, just watch the episode "Gambit, Part I".

Riker refuses to accept Jean-Luc's death until he knows who has killed him. And the relieved look upon his face when he sees that Jean-Luc is alive...

Or take a look at "The Inner Light".

Everyone is more than just concerned when Jean-Luc collapses on the bridge.  :hug:

There are many more examples, but I can't list them all (would be impossible  :) ).

This is one thing I love about the TNG crew. They may not be the crew with the most relaxed way of behaviour between the officers, but you see that they care a great deal for each other and especially for their captain. :hug:

They are so concerned that it becomes annoying sometimes, at least for Jean-Luc. I remember a scene in a turbolift when he tells Riker to stop being too concerned about him  :hug:

Just like you have a concern for Picard?

:o :o B) :o :o :lol:

Edited by borgdrone222

Just like you have a concern for Picard?

:(  :tear:  :(  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes, I do, of course :hug: .

I understand the crew completely when they say they love their captain :lol: :(

I think Picard projected had sort of a paternal image to his crew who were a bit younger than he. At first he he was kind of stiff but later he really chilled out. He really brought the best out in his people.

I think Picard projected had sort of a paternal image to his crew who were a bit younger than he.  At first he he was kind of stiff but later he really chilled out.  He really brought the best out in his people.

He's the best Trek captain, in my opinion. That would be why. (Along with a million other things...)

Another moment of Worf showing deep concern for Picard was in Lonely Among Us, Picard was shooting sparks from his fingertips, Worf yells out: "We'll help you if we can!" in an almost human sounding voice. You could hear the emotionally concern breaking in his tone.

The one major time I notice a deep concern for the captain was in Nemisis. Data gave his life to save Picard. That is love and when Data finally became as human as i am. :o :dude:

When reading this thread "All Good Things" comes to mind. In the future when he is suffering from a disease that effects the mind, the crew reunites to follow up on his belief that there is a problem even knowing that it could be a result of his disease. And the comment of "If the great Jean-Luc Picard wants one last adventure, we're going to give it to him"