Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "zero Hour"?

What rating would you give "Zero Hour" out of 10?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Zero Hour" out of 10?

Click for Spoiler:

Great episode! I was actually held in suspense throughout the whole thing, especially when Archer was setting the charges. The ending doesn't bother me, I look forward to seeing how this pans out.

As for the ending, I'm going to go with the Vulcans and Sherlock Holmes on this one. We should not speculate and try to figure oout what happened since we do not have all of the available facts. I say wait till September and spare your self the headache.

I rated it a 10. What an episode. Extremely action packed.

Click for Spoiler:

I almost flipped out though when I thought Archer was dead. I kept thinking that he couldn't be, but what a weird ending.

I can't believe we have to wait all summer now to find out what happens. Grrrr! I hate season suspense endings.

All riiiiiiiiiight. That was an odd ending. However, the rest of the episode was great. Now for a question... what is it with Star Trek and WWII? I think they just love contrasting Starfleet with the Nazis.

What a great episode, I was a the edge of my seat through the entire time..

Click for Spoiler:

But what an ending, HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO ME?? :waaaa: I can't stand waiting so long to see what happens!!

Oh my God. What was that? Perfect! Perfect as a season finale. I've just seen it and I just loved it.

Each week I like Enterprise even more. :waaaa:

You know, the only thing that really sticks in my mind is, i think T'Pol gave a date of 2152 as the year. Did anyone else hear that, or am i just imagining things? *will DEFINATELY have to watch it again sunday to be extra sure, that confused me*

Based on what Korthedahamaster said in his thread "I think I know what happened," I want to change my rating from 8.5 to 9.5. The ending no longer seems to be so off the wall.

After further review (Rewatching the episode), I have determined that in fact Archer is NOT in San Francisco. two reasons: it wasn't raining in SF (That's a surprise, from what I know), and the aircraft attacking the shuttle DID have American markings.

After further review (Rewatching the episode), I have determined that in fact Archer is NOT in San Francisco. two reasons: it wasn't raining in SF (That's a surprise, from what I know), and the aircraft attacking the shuttle DID have American markings.

Maybe it was an American plane, but it probably was Nazis since those Nazis conquered Earth.

they were North American P-51D Mustangs in American markings. perhaps Trip should have said "This is Commander Tucker from the Enterprise, come in!"

Guest Guest
Could someone get us a pic of the alien at the end?

I cant give a pic, but it IS a Reman. Look at the ridge above his nose, and the ears...note...in Nemesis, no one said how long the Remans were on that moon before they escaped.

My review...

I enjoyed it alot, and I almost squezzed out a tear when I thought Archer was dead.

When Archer put the bomb on the reptillian, I could just hear him saying "Yippie Kie Yay, mother F...." :)

After that ending, I thought that the conduit had brought them to the 1940's, but then, I remembered the space station, and the Andorians. B&B will have to explain how and why that happened. They explained Regeneration well, and I believe that they will do the same here. I just wish that they had landed in present day Earth, in Afghanastan or Iraq.

When Archer was lying in that bed, it reminded me of Quantum Leap. The only thing missing was "Oh boy!" :laugh:

Overall, I give it :( :) :) of :) :) :) :) :)

Could someone get us a pic of the alien at the end?

I cant give a pic, but it IS a Reman. Look at the ridge above his nose, and the ears...note...in Nemesis, no one said how long the Remans were on that moon before they escaped.

My review...

I enjoyed it alot, and I almost squezzed out a tear when I thought Archer was dead.

When Archer put the bomb on the reptillian, I could just hear him saying "Yippie Kie Yay, mother F...." :)

After that ending, I thought that the conduit had brought them to the 1940's, but then, I remembered the space station, and the Andorians. B&B will have to explain how and why that happened. They explained Regeneration well, and I believe that they will do the same here. I just wish that they had landed in present day Earth, in Afghanastan or Iraq.

When Archer was lying in that bed, it reminded me of Quantum Leap. The only thing missing was "Oh boy!" :laugh:

Overall, I give it :( :) :) of :) :) :) :) :)

This was MY review...I forgot to log in. OOPS! :)

I can't say that I'll give a total review on this episode, but overall it let me down. Maybe because, like a few have said the end of the Xindi problem was predictable. but also Daniels' appearance was pointless. He did less than he did in Azati Prime at a more critical juncture. Granted he may be involved with the last eight minutes of the show, but i still remember who he is and so should every other person who watches the show. There was no real reason to bring him in to say "Are ya' sure, Johhny. cough*Federation*cough*my job*cough*". The fight between Archer and Dolim was dumb (why he didn't bring more soldiers with him is beyond me), but I did enjoy seeing those rings get put to good use with the charge :laugh: . Shran's appearance was good, but Combs' acting was a little over the top (He owes me now!). I don't feel like I can judge the last bit, because, well, it's eight minutes long for goodness sake! I hope that this new time travel thinger doesn't last much beyond season 4's premiere. I'm just getting tired of long arcs. I wouldn't mind development of other arcs (TCW, Trip+T'Pol, Shran, Red Eyed Guy), but would like a less week by week type of season for next year.

When I became a huge fan of Enterprise two things about this show really stood out for me. One was the premise, the exploration of space without Federation space stations everywhere or other Starfleet vessels to back them up. The other was the amazing friendship between Archer and Trip. I've watched the Xindi series and was hoping they'd get back to that. Obviously, with the Evil Alien Nazi they aren't going to. And TPTB have crapped that so special friendship away that it's clear there will be nothing between Archer and Trip in future.

Archer: I despise him now. He's become so poor on every level that I really find myself disappointed that he survived the weapon. Someone needs to take that guy to one side and explain to him the significance of a suicide mission. To fail one was bad, but two in six episodes?!

T'Pol: If you fix airplane engines and you take cocaine and, whilst your judgement is unsound you fix an engine wrongly and in the subsequent crash people die, is it okay if someone covers up for you? If you have a few drinks then get behind the wheel of a car, knowing that you're over the limit, then you accidentally run over and kill someone, is it okay, as long as you sober up afterward?

The Enterprise message is.... yes, it's fine. No worries and no consequences. T'Pol knew she was addicted to Trellium by Azati Prime. She knew it was affecting her judgement. By accepting command from Archer and by refusing to listen to Trip and Reed about moving Enterprise, she deliberately and incompetently put people in danger. She is guilty of the manslaughter of the eighteen people who died in Azati Prime. And Phlox, who didn't take her out of the command chain when she told him of her addiction, is guilty as well. She should have removed herself from command and given it over to Trip. Trip would not have stayed there and Enterprise wouldn't have been attacked and so many people killed. But, not only has she got off with it, she is now, (temporarily I assume), rewarded with the captaincy. If she had the smallest grain of integrity she would hand over command to Trip, but we know that she does not. I have nothing but contempt for her and the ugly message rewarding wilful incompetence that this series sent out.

Trip is now my only reason for watching this show. Everything else I loved about it is gone. Just gone.

Zero Hour? It was alright. 6 out of 10, I guess. The Earth is safe, (although the moon seems to have gone!), the sphere's have gone, the sphere builders are gone, (did anyone else notice the first one they met was male and all the others were female?), they are back in W.W.II for no good reason. There's an alien Nazi. Archer is integral to the founding of the Federation. T'Pol is 65. It was more important to show three scenes with T'Pol grieving over Archer than to show how Trip felt.

Sorry to be in such a downer, but right now all the stuff I did to try and get Enterprise a fourth series seems Dead Sea fruit. Hollow victory. How ironic. :( :) :( :)

Loved it! Loved the end - echoes of TOS for me! Can't wait to see how they develop it. Best of all though - since Azati Prime my hubbie has sat down with me every week to watch and he loved this one too and is looking forward to season 4. I think I have a convert! :(

I suppose of course we have to assume that now the sphere builders have been sent packing from whence they came, that at some time in the future it all starts again, another expanse starts to form in time for the battle of Prosean V to take place and get rid of them altogether? Despite the fact that it would now be clear what was happening and preventive measures could therefore be taken early. Perhaps the timeslip ending and how they solve it may address this though - because hang on that battle looked like it was being fought by normal ships in normal space.

Edited by chunderfish

I voted 9.5 I was on the edge of my seat but I am very unsure about whether or not I like the ending, I will have to see where this is going.

You know, the only thing that really sticks in my mind is, i think T'Pol gave a date of 2152 as the year. Did anyone else hear that, or am i just imagining things? *will DEFINATELY have to watch it again sunday to be extra sure, that confused me*

yep...I just re-watched it.....BLOOPER! She sure did say 2152! oh..well the writers are in a hurry...dead-line pressure and all...pulling this 'scripts" out of the air with no real "direction" to go in.

Zero Hour finally aired in the UK last night and it was wow. I give it 10 out of 10 :P

Click for Spoiler:

It was so action packed I was on the edge of my seat. When Archer had set the charges and was running down that catwalk with the explosions going off I thought it was Star Trek at it's best.

The end was strange, but what a cliff hanger! I can't wait for season 4 to find out what has happened, how they will rescue Archer and if Porthos is ok (sorry, but he just looked so sad). :P

We just started season 3 here in Holland :P

so i can,t vote on this poll, maybe later(if this topic is still open) :P

The ending wasn't the greatest. It's certainly going to be interesting to see how they deal with it next season, but it was so disconnected with the whole Xindi plot that it was a bit of a letdown to the arc. They could've moved into another story without totally throwing out any link to the current timeline. I'm sure they'll put them together somehow next season, but it's really hard to see much reason for this at the moment.

The ep was great and had me on the edge of my seat until the very end. I would have given it a 10 if it hadn't been for the Nazis at the end.

A solid 9.5

I voted 9

I liked the ep very much but the ending is so uninspired. The Nazi thing doesn't bug me, it's just not creative - but well, Hollywood seems to love them. What is more irritating to me is the break in the storyline.

I like time travelling stories therefore I'm looking forward to September

The idea of what would have been if Nazis had controlled the world has been done so many times it's really tiresome now. I just hope they don't go down that road and use it as little more than an interesting backdrop for something else. The idea that Nazis could have dominated the world has been pushed on the public for so long I'm sick of it. Let's face it, they didn't really have much chance once the rest of the world mobilised and even the underarmed Russian military stopped them (for various reasons). It's just a goofball concept nowadays.

Zero Hour

----------------

I'd give it a 9.5-10 and i found the ending most surprising had me on the edge of my Seat ("the Time Traveling Bit") might have been the combination of the Destruction of the Spheres and the Weapon being Destroyed over Earth ("true the Nazi thing is done to death")so i hope next time in September they will find a way to head back into there proper timeline.

================

:unsure: :hug::laugh: :lol:

Edited by mj

Maybe they're planning on going back in time to finally restore the timeline and put an end to the TCW in season 4? I'd like to see it resolved so they can move on to the formation of the Federation and such without the influence of Daniels.

Sign in to follow this