Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

A Question About Vulcan/human Sex.

I wish the clickable Smilies had a blushing smilie because I'd use it here. I'm curious about the physical differences, whose to say it stops at ears, eyes, and blood. I mean just because some things are normal and pleasureful to a human may not be normal or pleasureful to a vulcan or vice versa. On Alien Nation for example, the physical differences were noted in one episode so it may be that Trip and T'Pol had sex together but it may have been painful, may not of been what they actually need to achieve...um... sorry trying to keep this pg rated. So what is the sexual physical truth between Vulcans and Humans?

Edited by BlueCrystal

Yaeah...

I've never heard anything about The vulcan physiology in ENt....

So we may never know...

It is just for the ratings you know... :eekout:

Remember Tuvok said the libido increases with age, I'm wondering how T'pol will be able to cope with her urges in old age...

Don't forget that Spock's father, Sarek, was married to a human, Amanda, Spock's mother. Not only that but he took another human to wife years after Amanda passed away, see TNG episode, "Sarek". There must not be too many differences or difficulties in mating, and in fact with the humans being a bit more free emotionally, who knows? At any rate, I think they are more alike where it counts regarding your question than they are different.

Just my two credits' worth, lol.

T'Bree

Guest -*tbree_dVelnahr*-
actually Sarek's second wife perrin was Vulcan....

Do view that one again, I think you'll find Perrin is human. I know, because it struck me at the time he just must find the company of humans most compelling.

T'Bree

I know it's not exactly canon, but they do address this issue a little bit in

the book "Spock's World." I think the "plumbing" was OK; they were more concerned with the genetics.

Thanks Nik. I read Spock's World years ago and I'll re-read it and see if my ideas change. When I first read it I was a teenager and I tended to have to keep my science fiction books hidden as my mother didn't approve of what she called non-sense reading. I lost many a book to a bon fire at the church she attended. :) Spock's World has escaped my mother's grasp as did some others. So I'll check the *plumbing* out and see what I may have missed the first time. :laugh:

You would have to be a very patient spouse of a Vulcan. I mean, once every 7 years or whatever. Can u imagine that?

It would cool to be married to a vulcan but then again everything is logic it would be a pain in the butt.

You would have to be a very patient spouse of a Vulcan. I mean, once every 7 years or whatever. Can u imagine that?

320345[/snapback]

Vulcans must mate once every 7-years.

In-between they can have sex as often as they want to (I think something about this was said in the novelization of Star Trek:TMP by Roddenberry).

Personally,considering the physical strength and endurance of a healthy,adult Vulcan female I'd be worried about Pon Farr :)

I'd also worry about the age thing....by the time I'm an old man and pretty much done with sex,my Vulcan spouse could still be in her prime.

It seems to me that because of the culture of Vulcans, and their biology, that by human standards Vulcan sex would be mind-numbingly boring. For one thing they only mate once every seven years. Who can go for that long that isn't a Vulcan? That's why I always found the marriage between Spocks parents to be so totally improbable. That poor woman would have had to live like a nun for most of her marriage...I can't think of any woman that would put up with that.

Actually,Roddenberry once commented that he thought Vulcans had sex as often as humans did.It was just that they HAD to mate at LEAST once every seven years.In the meantime,they can have sex as often as it suits them...like I posted when I was M_5. :P

Roddenberry might have said that, but it doesn't really make sense. Sex is a function of reproduction and for humans it also carries more then a little emotion, even if its just basic physical desire for the person you happen to be sleeping with.

It seems evident to me that Vulcans abstain from sex unless they need to reproduce. Consider that Neither Spock nor Tuvok ever had a girlfriend and you'll see what I mean. True- Tuvok was married and had children, but again it seems to me that for Vulcans sex is just biology, like eating and bathing. Even if Vulcans did engage in regular sexual activities, one finds it difficult to imagine them "enjoying" it since that would be an emotional responce.

Well,its all speculation I guess.

I don't have a problem visualizing Vulcans enjoying sex.

Spock had a relationship with Zarabeth,and seemed more than a little interested in Saavik...maybe even Valeris.

Also,Sarek was clearly very fond of Amanda,Spock's mother.There's a lot of flirting going on between those two,if you know how to spot the little things.

Vulcans are good at hiding it,but they are still very emotional beings.

I guess we're just supposed to understand that the pieces and parts are all in the right places interspecies. I think they were always more concerned with the genetics of interspecies procreation. Obviously, they have to keep all this PG, so I doubt we'll ever know the real mechanics of it all!

Also it should be noted that, even if we can assume that Vulcans can have the physical intercourse that humans have, they have other means of mating. Recall the Voyager episode when the Vulcan engineer... I forget his name, not Tuvok, the other one... basically does a mind-meld type gesture on Torres, and Tuvok tells him that he initiated a form of mental or telepathic Vulcan sex on her. So as far as pleasure and enjoyment, maybe Vulcans use the physical intercourse for procreation, but get their real enjoyment from the mental connection. And, they can initiate it with non-Vulcans as stated above.

Funny that sex (love) is considered more obscene than violence (hate). Really makes one think... Virtually all Star Trek episodes have a degree of violence, but the sexual aspect is brushed under a rug. But I don't mean to pick on Star Trek at all... video games are a better example, but that's straying too far from topic.

If its a one night stand with a Vulcan female, well, I don't think I have any problem with that.

I wish the clickable Smilies had a blushing smilie because I'd use it here. I'm curious about the physical differences, whose to say it stops at ears, eyes, and blood. I mean just because some things are normal and pleasureful to a human may not be normal or pleasureful to a vulcan or vice versa. On Alien Nation for example, the physical differences were noted in one episode so it may be that Trip and T'Pol had sex together but it may have been painful, may not of been what they actually need to achieve...um... sorry trying to keep this pg rated. So what is the sexual physical truth between Vulcans and Humans?

Would you like to find out personally? :blink: