Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Campaign For Four More Episodes?

Perhaps we should start campaigning for season 5 now. lol

That would be my recomendation as well. I am not to concerned about the 22 episode season as apposed to the 26 I am more concerned with gaining high enough ratings on the 22 that they plan to keep the show around for another season.

Guest Guest

No, the producers of ent may be able to create better episodes by having a little more time to make them.

I don't feel cheated..I'm just happy that they are continuing their trek..Having 4 less episodes next season is such a minor point. It's more important that they get good enough ratings to proceed to seasons 5, 6 and 7..

I don't feel cheated..I'm just happy that they are continuing their trek..Having 4 less episodes next season is such a minor point. It's more important that they get good enough ratings to proceed to seasons 5, 6 and 7..

Well, I used to watch Roswell when it was on. UPN had orderred a 3rd season after saving the show from the WB cancellation. They orderred 13 episodes, then a full season of 22 episodes. The show got cancelled, but before this happened, the producers knew that this cancellation would probably be their last, so they decided to wrap up the show. This is when UPN cut the episode order down to 18, cheating the audience out of three episodes and squishing the 2-hour finale into a 1-hour. Everytime ENT get's it's episode order cut, this is what it reminds me of. What should we expect for season 5? 18 episodes? :rolleyes:

sportsfan: Congratulations on Enterprise being renewed for a fourth season.  I was just wondering when does filming for the new season start and can you give us any clues to your fourth year mission?Thanks and keep up the great work!

SB: We're guessing mid-July, we're easily three weeks behind last year's schedule because of the late pickup. We'll be shooting 22 episodes, instead of 26. I've been trying since I got on the lot to get us to 22.

This is from part of a Scott Bakula chat over at startrek.com..I thought you may be interested in seeing this CJLP..Scott has been trying to get the episode quanity down to 22 since he took the job as Archer..So, you see it really is no big deal..And I don't see the number increasing..As long as this Trek keeps going on..I'm happy.. :(

I say no because of a recent interview a read with Scott Bakula. To film 26 episodes they have to start in June so Scott has like 8 days to spend with his children. He says that he would not have taken the job if he's known that was the case. So let's just let him spend time with his kids, we owe him that much.

I say no because of a recent interview a read with Scott Bakula. To film 26 episodes they have to start in June so Scott has like 8 days to spend with his children. He says that he would not have taken the job if he's known that was the case. So let's just let him spend time with his kids, we owe him that much.

Yes, I totally agree..I'm happy with 22 episodes if it makes SB happy..We need to have a happy, content Captain..Besides it's not quantity that's important to me...It's quality..

I was wonderring.  Now that UPN has decided to go for Enterprise season four, but with 22 episodes, should we campaign for four more episodes so that we can have a full fourth season of 26 episodes?

Just be happy they picked up Enterprise for a 4th season. Although, I think that if season 4 tanks like the ratings on season 3 did, UPN won't bow to the pressure of fans.

So, what's to stop UPN from giving us 20 episodes for season five and 18 episodes for season six? <_<

Wait and see, CJLP.

I really do not like Enterprise being on UPN to begin with. Things were so much better when the Treks were in syndication. There are survices that do not even offer UPN. That is part of the reason for the lack of ratings.

Edited by Data

So, what's to stop UPN from giving us 20 episodes for season five and 18 episodes for season six? <_<

Wait and see, CJLP.

I really do not like Enterprise being on UPN to begin with. Things were so much better when the Treks were in syndication. There are survices that do not even offer UPN. That is part of the reason for the lack of ratings.

Exactly, Data. Unless they recently changed it, my area does not carry UPN. Programming for UPN is shown on FOX after all of FOX's prime time shows are played.

I was not much into Enterprise when it first started. I liked the first two episodes a bit, but lost interest in the next couple... however, I wanted to give the show another chance like I did to DS9 and VOY(though I never watched those even after giving them another chance...maybe an episode or two here and there. TNG was the only one that I watched in its entirety first run. TOS, I caught most of when it went into reruns). But was unable to do so because UPN was pulled.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I'm going to do a little math here...

265 / 7 = 52.14, rounded off to 52

52 / 2 = 26

So, half a year's worth of TV episodes would be 26 episodes. Shouldn't that be the TV standard instead of 22? I'm just currious how they arrived at 22 and not 20, 21, 23, you get the idea. I know this is off topic, but it sorta is on topic... maybe... :blink:

CJLP, you're going on as if 22 episodes is an unheard of number.

Quantum Leap, StargateSG1 and Seaquest DSV all only had 22 episodes for each of their full seasons.

Law & Order, the standard of tv dramas started out with 22 episodes and has gradually moved up to 24. (it's been on thirteen years)

CSI has had 23 episodes per season.

CSI and Law & Order are consistently in the top ten and they don't have 26 episodes. My understanding was that 22 episodes constitutes a full season on network television (particularly for dramas)

CJLP, you're going on as if 22 episodes is an unheard of number.

As you may or may not know, Trek & SG-1 is about all I watch. I figured SG-1 had shorter seasons becuase of a lower budget and being on cable. I also figured that most other sci-fi and action shows got 26 episodes where as dramas got 22 episodes. After 26 episodes a season for 20 seasons, 22 episodes feels short to me. I can live with it, but I just am so sick and tired of stories getting shorter today. Becuase stories are shorter, they feel too rushed. 90 minute movies instead of two-hour movies, 42 minute episodes instead of 45-50 minute episodes, and so forth.

Quantum Leap, StargateSG1 and Seaquest DSV all only had 22 episodes for each of their full seasons.

I never saw QL and only caught Seaquest for two years and never really payed attention to the length of the show. As for SG-1, I just assumed that was becuase it is a cable show.

Law & Order, the standard of tv dramas started out with 22 episodes and has gradually moved up to 24. (it's been on thirteen years)

Good for them! :blink:

CSI has had 23 episodes per season.

Hmm...

CSI and Law & Order are consistently in the top ten and they don't have 26 episodes.  My understanding was that 22 episodes constitutes a full season on network television (particularly for dramas)

Then why did Trek have 26 episodes a season for so long? I'm just currious why Trek was the exception to the 22 episodes per season rule.

actually, all of the interviews with bakula have included his advocacy for a 22 eps season. he's been gunning for that since he took on the role. TPTB finally gave in and gave them the time to make 22 great eps instead of straining to get the 26 they've been making for three years.

the cast and crew deserve breaks and the writing staff needs the time to fully develop stories. i'm totally ok with it.

good luck to all involved...enjoy your summer off.

:laugh: