Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Generations

I liked Lursa and B'Etor to but I never thought that they should have been responsible for the destruction the the Enterprise-D.

317238[/snapback]

They won't have been able to do it if they didn't get any help.

The story line was fine. They should just had the cast of the TNG only in the movie. It would have been better.

Edited by Odie

I rate Generations 4 out of 5 stars or 9.5. The only thing I didn't like about it was Kirks sudden appearence in the Nexus; Guinan told Picard: "... and from his POV he (Kirk) just got there too." and I never understood that, Kirk had been in there for 70 years. :dude: Had the Nexus "PTB" kept him in somekind of limbo all that time???

If I remember the correctly about the Nexus there is no time. Since Guinan wasn't fully in the Nexus she was aware of time. :dude:

Edited by Odie

what is kool about the NExus, is both Picard and Kirk I think are Immortal

Ok I just watched the Writers commentary on the DVD and they were really cadid on their comments on how disappointed they were with how the film came out, especially the egg scrambling part. Which we all agree on.

Ok I just watched the Writers commentary on the DVD and they were really cadid on their comments on how disappointed they were with how the film came out, especially the egg scrambling part.  Which we all agree on.

321332[/snapback]

Now that is funny. I haven't heard the commentary because I don't have this movie on DVD. What else were they disappointed with, other than the scrambling egg thing?

Alot the said they wrote Generations and all good things at the same time and they realized the series finale was better then the movie Rent it and watch the Commentary

I very much like the series finale it was the best. They should had waited a year before they came out with the movie. It might have been better.

I agree with you, Odie. It probably would have been better had they waited a little longer before making a movie.

"All Good Things" was awesome ... I think good enough to be on the big screen and a difficult act to follow.

"All Good Things" was awesome ... I think good enough to be on the big screen and a difficult act to follow.

322151[/snapback]

You know, you are right. AGT probably would have made a good movie.. and a really good starting point to the TNG movies. And if they wanted to pass the torch, they may have been able to include it in the storyline without damaging the quality of AGT

Well, thed estruction of The Enterprise, reappearance of Kirk, sight of the Enterprise B, phasing in of new uniforms all added to the visual pleasure...

I just got the Generations Special Edition! :dude:

So now I have Generations, First Contact, and Insurrection, and I can no longer wait for Nemesis SE! After Nemesis I'll get The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, and maybe The Search For Spock. The rest, I've seen enough for one lifetime.

I liked 'Generations'. .Yes, it's sad Capt.Kirk is killed at the end. However, it seems more realistic.

Things happen. Chars doesn't always die romantically.

My only gripe- I was confused by the NEXUS.

Why Guinen said, think of me as an echo, just baffled me.

I thought Guinen appears & talks to Picard because the Enterprise saucer had crashed on the same planet Picard & Soran were on just before the NEXUS rips thru it. It would make sense that was the reason for her being there.

I don't know, it was weird, chars entering the bedroom, then it was a horse stable.

Then Kirk has his 'groundhog' day experience, riding his horse x50 times over a gully he said.

The NEXUS makes it feel like a Twilght Zone episode more than a Star Trek movie. The writers should have thought of a better story or explained things better.

Kirk said that he jumped over the gully a lot when he was younger before he went into the Nexus and it always scared him, but it didn't scare him this time and that's one way he found out that the Nexus was fake. If it was real, it would have scared him again

Oh...my bag. Guess that makes sense.

This movie may require several viewings for me to understand it all.

Data was a hoot, luv'd it. Especially the fist shaking after the Klingons bit the biscuit. :lol:

:lol:

What I hated about Generations was the fact that the Enterprise was destroyed by an obsolete bird of prey. Sure they had the shield frequency, but couldn't they modulate it, or even fire back more... When the Enterprise first got hit, it seemed that it just rolled to it's side and fired a few phaser rounds. If my ship was getting ripped apart, I would have let loose with all the weapons...

Why Guinen said, think of me as an echo, just baffled me.

I thought Guinen appears & talks to Picard because the Enterprise saucer had crashed on the same planet Picard & Soran were on just before the NEXUS rips thru it. It would make sense that was the reason for her being there.

The Guinan that was in the Nexus wasn't Guinan from the ship. When Guinan was beamed aboard the Enterprise-B, a part of her stayed in the Nexus. That was who was speaking with Picard.

In the commentary by Brannon Braga and Ron Moore, they said they had more people complain to them about killing off Lursa and B'Etor than they did for killing Kirk. I wish the Duras Sisters hadn't been killed either. B'Etor is one of my favourite Klingons.

That makes it even more confusing.

If the Guinen whom spoke to Jean-luc, was an echo left over,

(never left Nexus to reach Enterprise-:lol:

Then how would she even know Capt.Picard at all?

He was even born yet when she entered the Nexus...and the 'echo' having stayed there.

The 'other' Guinen whom escaped Nexus and living since Kirks' death, I understand her knowing Picard,

since she becomes the bartender on board Enterprise-D.

......not trying to pick the movie apart, I'm trying to get the story.

That makes it even more confusing.

If the Guinen whom spoke to Jean-luc, was an echo left over,

(never left Nexus to reach Enterprise-:lol:

Then how would she even know Capt.Picard at all?

He was even born yet when she entered the Nexus...and the 'echo' having stayed there.

The 'other' Guinen whom escaped Nexus and living since Kirks' death, I understand her knowing Picard,

since she becomes the bartender on board Enterprise-D.

......not trying to pick the movie apart, I'm trying to get the story.

The first time Guinan met Picard was in 1893 in San Francisco in Time's Arrow Part II.

i watch the movie today, and its ok, I just dont like seeing the captains cooking together that kind of takes you out of it a little

i like how generations played on the opening scenes of V when kirk tells bones and spock that he knows he'll die alone...without them.

and it comes true.. even if picard is there.