Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Attention Super Market Shoppers!

I love to go food shopping. But the stuff that goes on in there drives me crazy. Anyone else have problems in the Supermarkets like I do? There are just so many things. :unsure: The other shoppers sometimes are so inconsiderate. I've often been mowwed down by a rogue shopping cart or had some little kid stick a wet lollypop to some part of my anatomy. The kids are brutal, all the screaming and crying and hogging all the free samples. And some women in there act like they are on a mission from GOD himself. It's like they don't even care if your standing there they just run right over you. :P GIMME THAT!

Those places scare me, people behave like total jerks in them. Thank goodness Robert does all the food shopping in our family.

I'm just grateful I was blessed with a strong, healthy body that can run really fast :unsure: :P

I hate the little crying kids....

The place where we do our shopping watches your kids (ages 2-10) for free while you shop and you watch them on monitors that hang from the ceiling every few isles.

I find it depends on when and where you shop. 

Never, ever under any circumstances go to the Super WalMart on the first Saturday of the month.  Any Saturday really.

Daer Lord! That's where I'm going today :wow:

I hate Super Markets. My mother forces me to accompany her to the Super Market almost every Friday, sometimes WalMart on Saturday, too. :P

I hate to run around and look for things. And I hate those people who stand in my way all the time, not knowing where they are headed to. :o :hug::wow:

Oh yes, and then all those crying kids all the time. Ugh. :) :wow:

Arggggg Super Walmarts scare me!!!

I like shopping but Supermarkets annoy the heck out of me (unless the local fire department is shopping again..YUMMY)

The prices never seemed to be fixed becausethey flucuate from week to week.Especially the items that you buy on a regular basis.Like milk and meat

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT

Never, ever under any circumstances go to the Super WalMart on the first Saturday of the month.  Any Saturday really.

I took your advice and didn't go today, I'll go Monday, is that o.k.? :unsure:

Shopping at those places has always seemed to be ok pretty much. But some people do seem like they're just there to reek havoc huh?

I am very lucky that I live in Japan right now. That kind of rude behavior is very limited.

None of that stuff ever happens where I live. No crying kids. No rouge shopping carts. But I reckon they're under staffed because sometimes it's really busy and there's only 2 or 3 people there. Stupid.

I took your advice and didn't go today, I'll go Monday, is that o.k.? :dude:

Weekdays are usually better than weekends - more people are at work. I sometimes go after work during the week and it isn't so bad. Really, it would be a good idea to find out what days their trucks come in because if you go on Monday they may not have stocked up after the weekend. I haven't had this happen at Walmart but at another grocery store. Yes, there is a science to super market shopping. I like to go on Wednesday night - I live in the South where a lot of people go to church on Wednesday night - so the store is pretty quiet. :unsure:

Tina, I don't know all of the reasons for price fluctuations but all of our food is delivered by trucks (unless you shop at a local farmer's market) so our food prices increase with the price of gas. Their suppliers may also run specials so the price they pay for the items may differ from week to week.

I love to go food shopping with my wife but sometimes when we do what bugs us is people who don't know how to push a trolley, now come on it's not rocket science, but you always get people who have nothing better to do than push their trolley into yours, and what really bugs me is those people who while you are walking behind them, all of a sudden stop dead in their tracks without warning and next min you end up ploughing into their trolley, that happens alot when you are outside looking around the shops, people in front of you suddenly stop walking and you bump into them.

Your standing right in front of the bread, some guy reaches right in front of you and accidently touches you. Then he acts like it was a mistake. Then you see him following you the whole time your in the store. IDIOT :unsure:

Baggers who put your groceries in plastic when you ask for paper...

Baggers. You ask for double bagged PAPER and they doubled bag PLASTIC :unsure:

people who walk on the left side...

You're supposed to wwalk on the right!!!!

Both of my great grandfathers on my mother's side owned their own store, and I personally worked for over thirteen years in a grocery store, so here's my take.

* A place for kids to play, etc. is a great idea if qualified staff is there - a lone teenage girl isn't enough if it's a big store with the possibility of many children at one time. My store received a demand from a customer for a children's area because, and I quote "My child was terrible in here today!" We kept the note - Lady, your child's behavior is not our fault.

* Milk and meat prices fluctuate because of the market - not the store. Stores are under an obligation from their supplier to price their items at the suggested retail price. (SRP) If the price is under that, the store is running its own special. Very seldom is the price over that - any store needs to stay competitive. The SRP may come from the company, or it may be the supplying warehouse. (Delhaize, Hannaford, Shaws, Food Lion, etc.) When buying from a small supplier, like a local farmer, the store puts its own markup on - that varies from store to store. However, secret shoppers - people who travel from one store to another specifically to check out prices and report back to their own store - exist. Many stores, if they see a person come in, walk up and down the aisles with a clipboard or notebook, not actually shopping, will ask that person to leave. Competition is fierce.

* Wal-Mart is a totally separate entity from regular grocery stores because of their size. They buy and sell in massive bulk, and get special prices because of that fact.

* The suggestion of shopping on an off day is excellent. Larger stores receive trucks every day, but what department's goods is on them varies. Almost without fail, however, Tuesday is the slowest day of the week - especially Tuesday morning. After that, Wednesday, then business climbs steadily through the rest of the week. Sunday depends on the store. I shop early Monday morning, 'cause I know that's when the new meat shipment has come in, and the butcher is eager to get the meat from yesterday off the shelves; that's when he coupons everything. Meat and produce are the two departments in any store that are most eager to sell everything - their writeoffs (unsaleable merchandise) are incredible, and there's not much they can do about it.

Sorry about the treatise on grocery stores - and believe me, there's more - but there is way more to it than just putting boxes on shelves - it's a multi-billion dollar industry that grows bigger by the year and wants to keep on doing that.

* A place for kids to play, etc. is a great idea if qualified staff is there - a lone teenage girl isn't enough if it's a big store with the possibility of many children at one time. 

Agreed! The women who work there are wonderful. Most of them are retired and work there because they love kids. They always have enough on staff and the kids adore them. They actually will play with and read to the kids and stuff.

First, I hate shopping for food.

Second, all little kids bother me.

What is really annoying though are the people in the 15 item express lane with 16 items. <_<

There really is no problems here, unless you go during the time when the wellfare checks come ::shudders:: but really we have at least 2 grocery stores side by side eachother basically everywheres that there hardly ever is a problem.

Hmm Kids

Sometimes i wonder why Capital Punishement does not start early for some people

WHAT BUGS YOU THE MOST IN THE STORE?

The part where I open my wallet and shell out more cash than the crap we're buying is worth.

Free samples are really really gross!!! In my younger days I've worked in a supermarket and I've witnessed alot of gross things that happen to sample food trays. I've seen people use and re-use their toothpicks to spear samples and the food didn't stick to them so they would spear another piece instead. I've seen small children take a piece of sample cheese and not like the taste and put it back on the tray. I've seen people sneeze on the trays, cough in their hands and then touch the food on the trays. I've also witnessed people licking the little spoons they put in mustard or cheese spreed samples and then returning it to the sample. Gross huh!!!

I was in Walmart yesterday and this woman came pushing herself through this small space between me and this other man at full speed knocking baseball caps on the ground leaving them there for someone else to pick up. I found it most annoying and the man across from me just looked at me and said "wow, some people's children." I just nodded my head in agreement.

I work in Target and one of the most annoying things to me is people that pick something up and look at it and can't put it back in the spot they picked it up from. They'll set it down on the shelf below or the shelf up above, but not on the shelf they took it from.

Another thing that annoys me are people who knock things down and then just walk away and leave them on the ground. I'm telling you I really believe that most people are just plain lazy.

Then there are those who are just rude and if you can't give them exactly what they need when they need it then they go all haywire on you. They have no patience at all to take there turn when wating for help.