Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ktrek

Archer Could Be Dead?

Guest Ktrek

This was in Trek today yesterday:

Click for Spoiler:

By Michelle

May 13, 2004 - 12:49 PM

Scott Bakula chatted and joked with television host Wayne Brady earlier this week, claiming that Star Trek: Enterprise had shot three endings for the season and that Captain Archer did not survive in one of them.

Speaking on The Wayne Brady Show (via Vrrrm), where he has appeared before, Bakula told confessed Trekkie Brady that in one of the alternate endings, "I wake up and I'm on a couch at William Shatner's house. Talking to him...I'm not kidding." Brady joked that it should be a commercial for Priceline.com.

Speaking more seriously about the Xindi arc, Bakula explained that the Xindi aren't the real enemies of the Enterprise crew. "So, I am stuck out there, trying to make these diplomatic decisions on my own...I'm trying to diplomatically convince them that we're not the bad guys."

The actor and host praised fan efforts to save the series, and both agreed that the show has had "a tremendous third season" in which "the stories are great."

Brady expressed some disappointment that T'Pol was apparently having a relationship with Tucker rather than Archer, to which Bakula replied that he didn't know who would be together at the end. "But she's doing all these back rubs and 'Yadda-nee' with him," objected Brady, eliciting a laugh from Bakula.

Bakula also spoke about Quantum Leap, soon to be released on DVD, but told Brady that if his acting career dried up, the two of them could work at McDonald's together.

Thanks to Vrrrm for the transcript. Images of Bakula's appearance on The Wayne Brady Show are on the site as well.

I guess we will just have to see!

Here is the original link:

Trek Today

Edited by Ktrek

Well, I hope nothing happens to Archer, who is one of my favorite Enterprise characters. But it is hopeful that they are aware of fan efforts to save Enterprise.

Its just to keep fans on thier roes and also so if the series does not return they have a finale

Since the finale airs after UPN announces its fall lineup - I'm guessing if UPN gets the axe they might go with the no more Archer ending. Because they certainly might as well cancel it if they kill off Archer.

Guest Guest

hehe mc donalds.. anyways, i hope archer dies!! kill him! finaly, just do away with him! save us the pain! besides if he does die wond he be the first main character captain to die? hed make histoy!

I've got to say, cast members have openly blasted UPN (as the network deserves it), as a matter of fact, Bakula did it last time he was on the Wayne Brady show. However, network execs aren't likely to swing your way if you insult their network (some of them are too arrogant).

However, I think its smart on the crew members to come public with UPNs lack of promotion because it raises fan support and crusades like SaveEnterprise.com and petitions.

If they kill archer then how does the Prime Directive come about? Didn't he say something along the lines of "we aren't out here to tell others how to live, maybe in the future we'll have a rule, a Prime Directive, which says how we're supposed to handle such things, but right now we have to police ourselves" ?

Exact qoute, from the 1st season episode 'Dear Doctor':

"Some day, my people are going to come up with some sort of a doctrine, something that tells us what we can and can't do out here, should and shouldn't do. But until somebody tells me that they have drafted that directive, I'm going to have to remind myself that we didn't come out here to play god." - Archer to Phlox.

Need i say more?

Edited by scaleman

If Archer was supposed to write the PD but he dies and does not write them then the sphere-builders might still have have won their bid to alter history. :unsure: The entire timeline as we knew it could be changed unless his death was meant to happen. I don't think Archers death is supposed to happen though; remember Daniels tried to warn Archer, did Archer heed his warning... ?

If Archer was supposed to write the PD but he dies and does not write them then the sphere-builders might still have have won their bid to alter history.  :wow:  The entire timeline as we knew it could be changed unless his death was meant to happen. I don't think Archers death is supposed to happen though; remember Daniels tried to warn Archer, did Archer heed his warning... ?

But hasn't Daniels mentioned multiple outcomes for the same timeline a few times? This could mean he didn't warn Archer about something in the past and Archer got killed by taking action. Perhaps he knows Archer will ignore the current warning and thus not do something that causes a problem. Not much point figuring out this time-travel stuff until we see it.

It could be there are three endings and we'll see all of them, with Daniels intervening twice until the third one, which could be the right one. We might see Archer die in one of them. Or, it could've just been a joke going around the set. Like say Bakula's acting and is supposed to run around a corner to the right, but he turns left and runs out of the airlock (on the set), hence "dying." I've just about given up on the previews and ignore them since they have very little or nothing to do with the story alarmingly often.

Bakula just wants to get laid...

It is already established that Archer will not die....

Bakula just wants to get laid...

^^

What's the point of this comment?

More importantly, what would you know about this?

When I was his age I know what get laid was.