Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Ways People Take Your Money

I PURPOSLY GOT ' UNLIMITED LONG DISTANCE' ON MY PHONE. THEY SAID, $30. A MONTH, I SAID, THAT'S ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. , ANYTIME, RIGHT. SHE SAID YES, THAT'S RIGHT. I REPEATED MYSELF, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, RIGHT, SHE SAID YES, THAT'S RIGHT. SO NOW I GET THE DAMN PHONE BILL AND IT'S $300., SO WHAT WAS THAT CONVERSATION I HAD WITH HER FOR???? :naughty: AND WHERE'S MY FREE GIFT????? :bow: ARE THEY JUST A BUNCH OF LIARS OR WHAT???? :P DID I FALL INTO SOMEKIND OF TRAP OR WHAT???? :bow: AGAIN. PEOPLE ARE SUCH LIARS AND ARE SO EEVIL, Q. I THINK THEY HIRE PEOPLE TO STAY UP NIGHTS THINKING OF WAS TO TAKE YOUR MONEY. AM I WRONG???

I new someone who bought a Chinees Water Dragon, but it wasn,t waterproof

thats what i call a real ripoff :naughty:

VOILA! ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MUTLI-THREAD BANDWAGONNING AND VERY INSENSITIVE REMARKS FROM ' THE DIRTY DUTCHMAN '

quote: Jeanway@May 11 2004, 08:47 AM

VOILA! ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MUTLI-THREAD BANDWAGONNING AND VERY INSENSITIVE REMARKS FROM ' THE PERFECT DUTCHMAN '

Thankyou my dear :naughty:

Well, to start out, what about the "universal service fees" that supposedly are to cover the cost of service given to govt, isn't that almost ALWAYS higher then what the govt charges? While i'm on govt, we have in my state a tax on mortgages, yes, mortgages. As if these weren't bad enough that you practically are REQUIRED to have one, there's a tax on the dang thing. Isn't the mortgage like a tax almost anyways?!!! And this is something i have recently had to deal with (cause i've been, more or less, forced to get glasses so i can drive :naughty: ), are glasses, or to be more specific the frames. Why do these frames cost over 100 dollars when most are made over in china?!!!! Isn't that fairly BLATANT price gouging?!!! :bow:

OK, now what's all this crap about. A Service Fee, An Interest charge, recoNnection fee, Fines on overdrafts, bounched check charges? I mean, if you don't have money in there to begin with then you overdraw, not really, just make an attempt, then they take away from you what you don't have in there in the first place!!!!! NOW THAT'S PRICE GOUGING!!!!!!! BUNCH #%@**$##!!!!!!

Oyy, tell me about it. I opened a checking account a while back, but it didn't take long before i found out they were charging $5 bucks a month as a service fee (i wasn't told about this when they bragged about the "free" checking). Me and my mom were able to get them to return the money and switch it over to a checking account where you pay for the checks, but still :naughty: .

It's all a conspiracy.

My cell phone plan was supposed to be $39.99 a month for more minutes than I'd ever use. Yet the bill came and it was $80. Grrrr. And the sick thing is, the price difference is all various taxes! I never exceed my minutes!

So, when choosing your next cell phone plan, remember, they are quoting you the base price... it will possibly double after all the taxes! :dude:

I PURPOSLY GOT ' UNLIMITED LONG DISTANCE' ON MY PHONE.  THEY SAID, $30. A MONTH, I SAID, THAT'S ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. , ANYTIME, RIGHT.  SHE SAID YES, THAT'S RIGHT.  I REPEATED MYSELF, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, RIGHT, SHE SAID YES, THAT'S RIGHT.  SO NOW I GET THE DAMN PHONE BILL AND IT'S $300., SO WHAT WAS THAT CONVERSATION I HAD WITH HER FOR???? :wow: AND WHERE'S MY FREE GIFT????? :dude: ARE THEY JUST A BUNCH OF LIARS OR WHAT???? :(  DID I FALL INTO SOMEKIND OF TRAP OR WHAT???? :wow: AGAIN.  PEOPLE ARE SUCH LIARS AND ARE SO EEVIL, Q.  I THINK THEY HIRE PEOPLE TO STAY UP NIGHTS THINKING OF WAS TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.  AM I WRONG???

Are you sure you didn't miss-hear them? If you're possitive it you heard correctly? If so, you need to report this to your phone company. If they did indeed lie to you, I'd pay it and then cancel the long distance calling plan.

Phone people are notoriously deceptive - I asked a guy a question about a service - told him I didn't want it and he was signing me up. Now I refuse to talk to them.

Long distance - I don't have long distance on my land line. I buy a long distance card - it's about six cents a minute anytime, anywhere. I got bamboozled once when they failed to tell me that intrastate long distance is more expensive than interstate long distance.

Cell phone - I like my tracphone. I buy as many or as little minutes as I want and they always roll over. No monthly bills.

With interest rates so low on savings you probably save more by keeping a miniminum balance in your checking and avoiding monthly fees than by keeping that money in savings earning interest. And you don't have to buy your checks from the bank - there are much cheaper printing companies.

If you speak with people over the phone you should write down who you spoke with, the date and time - recording without their permission is illegal in the US.

GET THIS. I CALLED. THEY SAID " THEY FORGOT" :wow: WHAT THE H*LL DOES THAT MEAN, THEY FORGOT?

THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU WITH THE INTRASTATE COSTING MORE THAN THE INTERSTATE, EXACTLY WHAT COMMON SENSE WOULD TELL A REASONBLE PERSON!!!!! SOUNDS LIKE A DOUBLE-BLIND CRAZY MAKER TO ME :dude:

I think it means that rather than admitting that someone there was a slackjawed twit incapable of doing the job of a semi-trained chimp, they feign poor memory. :dude:

It seems to me that we have all been taken for a loop at one time or another. Especailly when it comes to cell phone plans and what they say the plan includes. It all seems like a good idea to accept this plan at the time but when you get your bill you feel like kicking the person's butt for selling that pitch in the first place. The same thing applies to credit card salespeople. they try to sucker you into purchasing a card of their's over the telephone but it doesn't work on me or others like me because we are wise to the games that they try to play.

Example, if you fill out this application for our credit card then you will receive our card at an introductory rate of 3% for the first six months then it will increase to 9.9% afterwrds. They tell you that this will be your annual rate but when you use the credit card that they sent to you through the mail and receive your first bill then you know that it is a lie. To this day when I receive applications for another credit card I shred them and take them to the garbage. :dude::wow::wow:

To this day when I receive applications for another credit card I shred them and take them to the garbage. :force:  :hug:  B)

There is a number you can call to have yourself permanently taken off all credit card mailings. I don't have the number right now but I called it and my mailbox has never been happier. I still occasionally get an offer from an organization I belong to but you can call the number they give you and ask them to take you off their list. The minute you say take me off your list they're very considerate and obliging.

I work for a credit card company - again, I'm not in the department that calls you during dinner, and I'm also relatively new at this job that is in my life solely to pay the bills, so don't yell :force: - I thought I knew a bit about credit cards before I started there, and it's amazing what I've learned since I've been there. Please, PLEASE read the fine print before you sign up for ANYTHING. I've had concerns with my own credit card companies (I don't have one with the company I work for :hug: ), but I'm a silent attrition customer - when I'm angry, I deal with whatever is necessary with them, and I walk away from them and I never look back. Whatever happens to your account, the company is required by law to tell you what is going to happen. Fine print may be tough to read, but the information you need IS there. Telemarketing is a totally different animal - don't get me started!!!! I live in my grandfather's house, and I get calls asking for him - and he's been dead ten years this last February. I've gotten to the point that I run all calls through my answering machine to weed out the teles.