Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

How Should Wesley Die?

What's the best way for him to die?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best way for him to die?

• attacked by a group of tribbles
    • attacked by space puppies
    • thrown out an air lock
    • "aciedentally" transported into space
    • Worf FINALLY gets out the bat'leth
    • attacked by QSMB's poodle
    • beaten into a pulp by the Enterprise's bullies
    • brain explodes from gathering too much info
    • one of his experiments FINALLY doesn't work
    • Wesley was a good character and shouldn't die

Wesley really started to bug me.. Actually, maybe he annoyed me more in the earlier seasons. I dunno, I just didn't like him. Come on Worf, bring out the batleth! :(

253224[/snapback]

I think that Wesley was the single most annoying character in all science fiction until the arrival of Jar Jar Binks.

I think Wesley should be encased in carbonite...pity they can't do that in Star Trek. :(

I don't care how he dies as long as its a slow and lingering death.

352974[/snapback]

you guys are so cruel! :nono:

Wesley was a good character and shouldn't die!  :nono:

352981[/snapback]

Exactly. Aren't we guys supposed to be Trek FANS?

I use to like Wesley, I really did, but then I saw the episode Journey's End, his last episode where he gets his powers. That was just so STUPID and IDIOTIC that I now hate him forever and want him to accidentally "travel" into the vacuum of space.

Just like Deanna. She wasn't so bad, then I saw The Loss, where I see how completely useless and racist she really is. Though I always hated her velcro hair...

:(

I voted out an airlock but want to add a twist to it, with a phaser set to a slow overload placed where the sun don't shine.

I voted out an airlock but want to add a twist to it, with a phaser set to a slow overload placed where the sun don't shine.

Here's an added touch. All the things you said but put him in a spacesuit with like two minutes of air. If timed properly, he could be gasping for his last breath at around the same time the phaser explodes... :laugh:

This discussion is about bumping off a character in a TV series, not a real person. But a real person, Wil Wheaton, protrayed the character. How would YOU FEEL if you had tens, hundreds, or thousands of people discussing killing YOUR CHARACTER off? It might be understandable if your character was mean, evil or a killer, but this is an acting member of Star Fleet, a young person who was trying to do his best.

I agree that Wesley the character could be annoying, and it was annoying to see him show up adults and save the ship more than once, or put the ship in jeopardy more than once. But it was the writers who created his character - why not be mad at them or at Gene R. (as at least one poster has pointed out) rather than at the actor who worked for months and years to bring this character to life.

A somewhat similar thing regarding the unpopularity of an actor is currently happening to a character in the soap opera All My Children. The original actress for Greenlee left the show some time ago and a new actress was cast. She was not as popular as the original (and I agree). Now the original actress is being brought back, and the network is using the campaign: The REAL Greenlee is returning. Not the Original, but the REAL character. I can only imagine how bad the current actress must feel.

Actors have feelings, just like we do, and hearing Wil Wheaton this year at the Vegas con, you can tell that this talented, funny young man is still irked at the fact that Wesley was hated by so many fans. It's understandable in some ways that Wesley was unpopular but imo it's not fair to take out our annoyance on the actor, because they don't have complete control over thei character, but are doing their best to bring them to life, AS CREATED BY WRITERS, AND SHAPED BY DIRECTORS.

trekz, I don't feel like I (or anybody else in this thread) is personally attacking Wil...I think it's cool to hate a character but not necessarily wish anything bad on the actor/actress.

For example, I wanted Kai Winn to die horribly, but I have no problem with Louise Fletcher as an actress or a person.

This is all done for laughs and giggles. No slight is intended for Wil Wheaton. I have nothing against him.

Toss him out of an airlock.

A death scene is every actor's dream to do. I'm sure that Wil would love to have one written for him.

If I were a working actor, I would crave a juicy scene like that.

It worked on BSG to get rid of undesirables. :laugh:

Edited by Gummy

Honeys, we're in the middle of a TNG marathon and hex yeah...Wes TOTALLY should've died. I know I originally said by airlock, but the more eps I've watched, I'm thinking one of his experiments should've gone horribly wrong.