Sign in to follow this  

Nikkori takes the stone from the Admiral, and looks at it in his hand.

“It is bery pretty,” He says to Jeanway. “I would perform a class IV scan on it to further see what it’s purpose is.”

Nikkori walks across the room and places the stone on a small sensor pad on the table. A red mapping beam scans several times across the stone. Nikkori and Jeanway watch as the stone sits inert on the pad.

“Computer,” he says in English for the Admiral, hearing the characteristic chime. “Initiate biometric neural interface. Identify – Kamioka… Nikkori…. access code…. san-roku-nana-hachi-roku-ichi-go-nana-kyu.” The computer chimes and repies.

“Access granted. Activating neural interlink.” The computer replies in its feminine voice. Nikkori’s eyes glow red briefly as the computer identifies him and establishes the link.

Nikkori examines the rock in his mind, pacing around the room slightly as he considers it. The rock grows in his mind and pulsates as he examines it. Its inner structure scintillates as it magnifies into a weblike network. He rotates it in his mind, and sees its multidimensional structure. He speaks to the Admiral as he examines the rock.

“Admiral! The rock is actually larger than we can see in three dimensions. It exists as a bipolar tachyon flux in the fourth, fifth, and sixth dimensions – bery similar to dilithium’s existence in four dimensions, but much more complex. I believe that the stone is some sort of multidimensional data solid. The data actually changes with time. It contains a pionic exchange network interfaced with the tachyon flux. I habe neber seen anything like this before. I beliebe that we can actibate the data projection to interface with the stone….”

As Nikkori speaks, the stone pulsates from red to green to yellow, and appears to grow slightly. The lights dim, and the lab is transformed into a holographic projection of deep space. Suddenly, an image of the Elusive appears in the middle of the room. It surges forward in space. It’s shields flare as it crosses the shock wave of a supernova in a familiar setting similar to Nikkori’s simulation of the black hole time-jump scenario. The scenario plays out as before with the Elusive jumping through the time conduit created by the quantum torpedo explosion on the event horizon – a single Evader shuttlecraft well out of range of the black hole.

As the Elusive disappears into the wormhole, the Evader craft shimmers slightly, disappears, and is suddenly replaced by a Xindi vessel as it orbits the black hole.

In a spectacular display of lights, the black hole recedes into the distance, and the image shifts rapidly across the galaxy to a familiar system – Sol. Jeanway and Nikkori watch as they are carried across the solar system to the Earth and it’s moon. As they appear to float across Earth’s moon, they see several bases of odd design. A large black scar crosses the face of the moon, several thousand kilometers long, and about fifty kilometers wide. They see the wreckage of several earth vessels on the moon – including the Enterprise, her broken hulk long since scavenged for parts.

Nikkori and Jeanway are whisked rapidly to the surface of the Earth, where they are shown an image of San Francisco, but not the one they know. The buildings are dark and jagged, and the sky has grown red. Several Xindi shuttles skim the sky. The Golden Gate bridge lies broken in the water, and rubble from what was once Starfleet Command lies strewn in the streets. As they are carried into the building now occupying Starfleet Headquarters, they see not the usual council. A gruesome insignia in the shape of a gnarled eagle’s claw hangs above the darkened chambers, and the computer translates the words at the base of the flag – “Imperial Sol Headquarters of the Xindi-Kazon Alliance.”

At the sight of this, they are suddenly transported several kilometers below the surface of some odd planet to a dim cave, where a multitude of humans are chained to the walls. Several are tortured with shock rods by Xindi reptilians while others are forced by the same reptilians to mine dilithium.

The images suddenly vanish. The room’s lights come back on, and the stone grows dark….

Edited by nik

Jeanway and nik are back in the lab. To say they were shocked would have been and understatement.

After staring at each other for a few minutes their minds returned to the present.

Jeanway says to nik " A Xindi-Kazon Alliance. How could that have happened?"

"It has to be a warning. An event that is going to happen in one possible future. Whoever sent this stone is trying to warn us." nik replies.

" So all this time we thought we had to go back to 2033 we actually have to jump forward?" Jeanway asked nik.

" I think so. There must be more information on this stone. If we can find a way to access it, there may be clues. But I'm troubled by this. Why would the Xindi and the Kazon form an alliance against the Federation?" nik wonders.

Jeanway says to nik " Maybe the question we are asking is wrong. Maybe the right question is 'How will this happen'?"

Both Jeanway and nik are silent. Their minds are going through a maze of possibilities. After several minutes Jeanway looks at nik. " I have an idea. We take a series of several small jumps forward in time and take a look around to see what's out of place. See if there's a way we can track any anomalies in the timeline. Whoever is behind this Xindi-Kazon Alliance is careful but over a long enough timeline I'm betting they'll leave evidence we can see."

Edited by fenriz275

Nik - still interfaced with the ship's computer via the neural interface - sends a message to Captain Fenriz. "Captain... your presence is requested in the onontologics lab

"On my way." Fenriz replies. He rematerializes on the Elusive.

Now in the lab, Lt. nik says. "Captain Fenriz! As you know, our previous experience with the stone indicates that it posesses a data storage and analysis structure unlike anything we have seen before. Further analysis has allowed me to isolate sections of the stone that I would characterize as input interfaces, user adaptable ports, and processing structures."

Fenriz then asks nik "Are you suggesting that someone should interface directly with the stone?" Nik answers. "I believe that we can use the biometric neural interface to - in fact - interface with the stone, yes. Without the interface, we would have a difficult time with the Elusives computers. However, the human factor allows us to 'feel' our way into the stone's data processing units. I believe the stone is a way of communicating with the beings who gave it to us in the first place.... A time capsule.... a communicator.... a fluidic space conduit.... call it what you will, but we have a way of deciphering the consequences of our actions."

Fenriz then relpies "I'm not sure if I think that's a good idea. What if this stone is some kind of a booby-trap? Is it possible that it could plant some kind of a 'program' in someone's brain? Turn them into a sleep agent without us knowing it? We don't know who sent this stone to us in the first place."

Nik answers "That is a definite risk... perhaps the stone was given out of malicious intent. Perhaps it is 'lying'."

Nik then adds "However, I believe that if we employ certain cautions, we can safely use the stone. We can also test it....."

Fenriz says " I suppose we'll have to risk it if we want to find out anything. Can we minimize the risk?"

" Jeanway to nik"

Nik taps his com-badge...... "Nik here."

Jeanway taps her com-badge in her ready-room "Jeanway to nik, you there?"

"Nik here Admiral...."

"Nik, I believe I have some information for you. I can see something on the stone. Something I hadn't seen before when I was with you in the lab.

"What is that Admiral?" Nik asks.

Jeanway replies. " But there is a problem nik. When I left the ready-room I was looking at the symbol and then it disappeared when I entered the bridge. In the presence of others it seems to disappear. I will have to describe to you what I am seeing."

Nik then says to Jeanway. "Hmmmmm..... Perhaps we are seeing minor aberrations in the consequences of our actions..... as though what we do constantly changes the future."

While nik talks to Jeanway over the coms Fenriz tries to wrap his mind around the situation. Someone sent this stone to them, a message of some kind. It was obviously designed to communicate directly with someone, not a computer but a person. A thought occurs to Fenriz, he thinks out loud before he realizes it. Then Fenriz says. "What if the stone was intended to allow a person to time-jump? Alone. Without a ship. What if whoever sent it wants someone to witness the event we're looking for firsthand? The stone isn't a message, it's a doorway, a portal."

Then Jeanway continues. "Nik, let me tell you what I am seeing here. Remember when you and I were in the time flux and we were in the old Starfleet Hadquarters ?"

Nik says "Yes."

Jeanway continues. " Do you remember what we saw on the wall there? That insignia that resembled a claw?"

Nik answers. "Yes, I do."

Jeanway adds. "That is what is on the stone, only this one is a brilliant, glowing red. Does that make ANY sense to you?"

Nik answers. "Yes.... you are able to see the claw insignia on the stone? A glowing red one?"

Jeanway adds. "Yes, exactly. But when I leave my Ready-Room it disappears."

Nik askks. "Hmmmmmm...... has anyone else seen this."

Jeanway says. "SolarWind told me it was for my eyes only, as did ILikeSeven in his cell. I do believe I am the only one who will be able to see it."

Nik then asks her. "Have you tried to interface with the stone?"

Jeanway answers. "No nik, how would I do that? Tell me. Can I interface with the stone and you somehow interface with me? Nik, do you think the interface in the Evaiders might work?"

Edited by Jeanway

Seska started to cry after what ILS to her Said, she turned around and walked to the forcefield, "worf please let me out i can,t stay here anymore" Worf lowered the field and Seska walked crying from the brig too the door, she turned around one more time and looked at ILS and started to cry more, she left the room and walked to the turbolift.

Worf activated the the field and said to ILS, "You are a heartless human, you have no respect for woman and you have no Honor, you stupid K'taghl"

"aah shut up you big fat brainless klingon, go catch so G'agh"ILS replied.

"WHAT DID YOU CALLED ME?, YOU WORM!!"

Worf turned around and walked to the other guard, he gave him his phaser and said, "here keep and eye on this and look the otherway, and don,t pay attention about what is going to happen now.

"Yes sir"the guard replied.

Worf walked to the brig and lowerd the forcefield and stepped inside.

after 5 minutes he stepped outside again and activated the field, he turned to the guarde who gave back his phaser again, worf asked him "Did you hear anything ensign?"

"No sir i heard nothing, was there anything to heare than?"

"Hmm, i will probebly discus with Jeanway about you and a possible promotion for you"

"Thank you sir"

"Jeanway to Worf" worf tappes his badge and awnsers"Yes Maám"

"how is our prissanor doing, is he not givving any problem?"

"No Ma'am no problem at all, Why"

"Well i just spoke to Seska and she is very upsett about the matter"

"Ma'am he is quiet, very quiet"worf looks at the other guard with a smile.

"Fine, i will come later to ask ILS some questions"

"Well ma'am it might be better to wait a day, he is alittle ill"

"ooh what is the matter then?"

"Well ma'am he fell a little odd from his bed"

"Shall i call sickbay for you than?"

"No ma'am that will not be nesecery, he will be fine i a few day,s"

"Okey than, Jeanway out"

Worf puts his arms aroud his chest and starts to guarde ILS again.

Jeanway tiring of all this mis-fortune befalling her brother-in-Law decides to visit him in the brig. She leaves her quarters and heads for the turbo-lift. "Deck four." She says as the doors close. All of a sudden an apperition of the "Claw Insignia" appears before her in mid-air. It revolves and begins emmiting sparks and speaks to her in an unfamiliar language." She flips on her mobile U.T. and it says. " Admiral Jeanway. You have the power within you to halt the events that will lead to the ultimate demise of Earth. Take the stone, it will guide you." Then the apperition dissipated. Again in a state of shock and confusion she taps her com-badge. " Nik and Captain Fenriz, I need to speak with you both immediately, meet me in Ten Forward."

Edited by Jeanway

"WAB to Jeanway,That energy discharge destabilized the warp plasma. I need helm to accelerate to max impulse. I need that to vent the plasma. Vorik, reinitialize the antimatter flow. B'ellana, regulate the plasma conduits, the deflector is losing power. Warp will be available in 2 hours. I'm detecting a neutrino burst in you vicinity, Jeanway."

*warp core alarm blares*

"Not again!!!!"

Jeanway tiring of all this mis-fortune befalling her brother-in-Law decides to visit him in the brig. She leaves her quarters and heads for the turbo-lift. "Deck four." She says as the doors close. All of a sudden an apperition of the "Claw Insignia" appears before her in mid-air. It revolves and begins emmiting sparks and speaks to her in an unfamiliar language." She flips on her mobile U.T. and it says. " Admiral Jeanway. You have the power within you to halt the events that will lead to the ultimate demise of Earth. Take the stone, it will guide you." Then the apperition dissipated. Again in a state of shock and confusion she taps her com-badge. " Nik and Captain Fenriz, I need to speak with you both immediately, meet me in Ten Forward."

"Aye Admiral-sama.... On my way."

"Jeanway to Engineering" WAB answers " Yes, Admiral, I'm here." Jeanway asks. " How's that Warp Core problem? How long before you can get that anit-matter flow regulated? We don't need anymore problems right now WAB." She tells him.

"The repairs on the flow regulator are done, but the dilithium matrix is still too unstable to go to warp. I also have a problem with the shield generator on the aft section. They won't connect to the plasma regulator. If too much fire is concentrated on the aft, let's just say we'll just have the shuttlebay or half of it for the aft section. I'll have to completely overhaul the sield systems in the back to a type XI experimental because our type X isn't responding to algorithms. I should be finished within the hour if Tuvok and Worf handle the shields. I want Harry and Data down here to fix the regulator. I'll handle the rest."

*50 minutes later*

"Finally, we're all done." "WAB to the admiral, all systems are running at peak efficiency and warp drive at the ready. We are ready."

The reverse magnetic polarity juxtapositioning of the HT 01 and the Elusive is affected when the Elusive goes to Warp. It holds the HT 01 in place and only a meter for the aft triangular inlet. It allows the HT 01 to match speed without ever coming in contact with the main ship. The Elusive and the HT 01 act in uninson, although they are two separate and distinct entities. The HT 01 holds all weaponry to protect the Elusive and itself. It has full range of attack capabitlies from any angle. All cloaking capabilities are withing the main ship. Emmiting an eliptcal shield that protects both ships. The HT 01's and the 100 Evaiders she houses also contain small generators that allow them to cloak if they are away from the main ship.

I've transferred helm control to engineering. I'm emitting a continuous nadion burst and a continuous proton matrix. Engaging cloak. Course heading?

Since plans for a Lateral-Time-Jump are in the offing then a run along Parrallel Time-Lines, heading is at zero. :dude::dude: Just sit tight. Tempoal Mecahnics is engaged at the helm.

Ok, a lateral time jump requie a mix of tachyon and chronaton particles at the same chronometric flux. Let's see...... "Chief engineer to astrometrics, please scan for any antineutrinos, antichronatons, or antitachyons. Check for wormholes. Check for neutrino surges on the fore and aft. Report to me when you detect them." "WAB to jeanway. Astrometrics and engineering are ready for time jump. I will contact temporal mechanics."

The door chimes opens and Jeanway enters the detentionblock

"at ease gentelman" she says, she walks directly to Worf and asks "how is he doing?"

"He is still asleep ma'am, do you want me to wake him up?"

"Yes, i want to talk to him" Worf walks to the brig and in a loud voice he says"WAKE UP ILS, THE ADMIRAL WANTS TO TALK TO YOU"

Jeanway walks to the forcefield and sees how ILS tries to get up and when he looks at her here eyes become large and she turned to Worf "OMG what happened to him, his face is full of bruces"

"I told you ma'am he fell off the bed"

"Well howmanytimes did he fell, 8 times or so?!" "well eehh ma'am eeh" "stop, nevermind i don,t want to hear it"

Jeanway turns to ILS äre you very hurt do you have a lot of pain" I shook my head "no ma'am it is not so bad anymore, just some muscles which ar a little stiff"

"Well i hope you feel better becouse i readed the mesage you brought me and it is all cleare for me now but i need your help you are the only contact between them and us so you have to come with me now"

She turns to worf and ordered him to lower the shield

"But ma'am do you think it is save to do that?"

"Lower the shield Worf i know what i am doing, i need him how and besides he is no threat anymore, he is our important links now, i will take him first to sickbay and let him examend by Phlox he will have to take those bruces away"

"Ofcourse ma'am, i wil lower the field"

"Come one ILS we have First Contact to make, i need you in good shape lets go see the Doc."

ILS follows jeaneway through the door into the corridor.

After they left the detentionblock and walked 15 yards ILS asks Jeanway "What was the mesage anyway?"

Jeanway turns around and said "Listen ILS i am not jeanway, she is now occupied and is solving a problem with engenering, i sabotaged the warpcore so she will be busy for a while"

Jeaneway(or who ever she is) opend a door and pulls ILS into the room.

"here take this(she gives a the bracelet and a Pad and somesort of tricorder)put on the bracelet you know how it works, i can,t stay long Worf will be suspicious soon, i can only tell you this yuo have to get cloaked and hide yourself in the jeffriestubes again(she takes a hypospray and ejects with ILS a stranges feeling serum) in exactly 60 minutes you press the blue button and you will be transported than to the HT 01, on the place you will materialice you will find another Padd, on this Padd you wil find your new Instructions, this will be your last mission you must not fail, if you succeed you will be given asylum to our people and you will know who is the father of the child Seska is carieing, but i must go now Goodluck"

Suddenly she was gone, i stood in the room a minute or 2 just realising what heapend but then i put on the bracelet and activated the cloak.

I opend the door and looked if anybody was there, when i saw nobody i ran to the nearest hatch and opend it, i craweld into the tubes closed the hatch and all i could do was waiting.

"Jeanway to Worf"

"yes ma'am"

"I will be there in ten minutes, i was hold up in engenering, you can wake up ILS already i you please"

"But ma'am you....you...." Worf looks to his ensign and yells "RED ALLERD, RED ALLERD"

:dude: . Not realizing ILS had been injected again with "trackers" {

nanobeacons }, he is quickly located and apprehended. Off he goes, back in his

cell. :dude: "Nice Try." Worf tells him as he "Noogies" him in the

shoulder. :( "That'll teach you to start using "Spell Check" Your really ticking

Jeanway off. :dude:

Edited by Jeanway

"Jeanway to engineering; we have a cloaked intruder. Can we detect them?"

"There is the possibility; wait, I know. We'll need to activate the magneton scanners and the antiproton and tachyon grids. Inform me of any explosions or malfunctions on any of the decks. Give us 10 minutes. The magnetons aren't charged yet. Send datapacket 3095 to the other ship. It will inform them to do the same. "

Can i join this RPG?, i saw all the pages and i would like to join in

Wow! Really! Did you even read the stuff while we were still Sea Trek? Those were some glorious seafaring days!

They sure were, I miss them :dude: Maybe we could make a Time Trip back sometime, just for "Olde Tymes" Sake :dude:

Sure Jane. If you need to talk just PM me and I can help you with a post for you. Or if you have Yahoo, I am: xuoira@Yahoo, anytime Jane. :(

I'm posting this to give anyone who wants to join the Day Star rpg a heads up:

All the guys can pm me and the ladies can pm Jeanway. We'll fill you in on the story so far and the ideas we've been kicking around.

Jeanway walks the corridor on her way to Ten Forward when she sees something. "Could it be? What tha heck is that?" Jeanway says outloud. She breaks into a full run as the object of her sudden interest turns and runs away from her. She runs faster, only at each juction to see only a foot or part of the leg rounding the corner ahead of her. She runs faster, it runs faster. Until at the end of this chase the object disappears through the hull. Jeanway runs up to the exact spot it went through and felt it. It was solid, solid as any other part of the ship's hull. Jeanway, still breathing heavy from the long chase, walks slowly back toward Ten Forward.

" Worf to Admiral Jeanway" "Yes Worf, this is Jeanway." She answers as she walks the corridor. " I must speak with you." He says. "On my way to Ten Forward, meet me there." She says. " I'll be right there." He replies.

Jeanway resumes her usual place at the table by the window in Ten Forward, now waiting for Worf, nik and Fenriz. Within seconds Worf shows up at the door and walks to her table. " Admiral." He says as he stands in front of her. " ILikeSeven was visitied in the brig by someone, I believed it to be you at the time. But I realize you can't be in two places at once. Since I had just spoken with you on com-link and I KNEW you couldn't be in two places at once, I suspected something was not right, but only after ILS had left the Brig with this person." He explained. " Yes, you WERE correct in that assumption Worf, I just had an encouter with whoever or whatever that was myself. I believe it was a hologram. I just chased it though the ship and it went through the hull right before my eyes." Jeanway said. "Ah, and it only had contact with ILS in the Brig, it sprung him." Worf added. "Yes, but he is back in there now, we took care of that, didn't we?" They both laughed. "I'm hoping our Mr. ILikeSeven will come to his senses soon, he is wearing all of us out with his antics." Jeanway added. " Indeed." Worf said as they both laughed again. Worf sat back in his chair, assuming his usual folded arms across the chest stance. "Let's have a drink." Jeanway added. " Something Green." Worf added. " Sounds good to me." Jeanway said.

"WAB to Jeanway, I've detected a photonic presence or a hologram near Ten Forward. Wait, It's interfering with the isolinear systems on that deck. Let me reroute information packets through engineering."

Static crackles through the ship. The photonic being emerges through the wall to the right of WAB's console. The being reaches into the warp core. It takes its hand out and disappears. A warning klaxon sounds as the warp core destabilizes. "Vorik, B'elanna, Geordi, get the core stable." Systems go beserk as WAB discovers the main computer has been severed from the link to the siolinear processors. The lights go out, but emergency power kicks in. The klaxon stops just in time. WAB yells "Emergency Lights!" The reddish glow appears as Geordi presses the control panel with his thumb.

Jeanway taps her com-badge. "WAB? What's going on down there?" Jeanway

asks." Feels like all H*ll's breaking loose up here. Wait. I've got an idea." Jeanway

taps her com-badge again. " Nik? You there?"

Edited by Jeanway

"How's the pressure, Vorik?" "It's still not regulated." "Finish that and work on the deuterium casing. I want it to be lined with transparent aluminum, lead, and monotanium alloy. B'elanna, rework the plasma conduits and reinitialize the isoliear network. Seven, reinitialize long range sensors and the main computer. Geordi work on the nacelles."

"WEAREBORG to JEanway, the core is fine. We only need warp. That will be ready in about 4 hours. No faster. The plasma has to be replaced in the nacelles. It takes at least 4 hours. Keep me posted on Nik's idea."

"No WAB, listen. I believe something is telling us to stop. Just a hunch, but shut it down. Just minimal power to life support. I'll do the rest. Oh, where the h*ll is nik?" Jeanway says

"WAB to Jeanway, Condition Gray is now active all comlinks will terminate in 30 seconds."

ILS was sitting in the brig (again) and was boring his head off.

Siting on the bed with his head in hands leaning on his knees when suddenly ensign Wind stood before the forcefield and said "well ILS you know the drill step back in your cell with your head facing the wall" in one hand he held his phaser and in the other he had a tray with food.

"And don,t try anything funny my friend this time it is not on stun"

ensign boots who stood behind the controldesk lowered the field and ensign wind stepped in with the Food and putted on the little sidetable, he stepped out of the brig again facing ILS who still faced the wall.

Ensign Wind noodged to Ensign Boots who inmediatly activated the field again.

"Bon appetit ILS, you can turn around now"

I turned around and walked to the table were my foods was, i looked at it and said"Not again! replicated chicken again?, you know i hate chicken and rice that food always give me the you know what!!"

The two ensigns looked at each other and started to laugh.

"Well food is food and i am starving"

ILS started to eat his food"aaah man it is really disgusting"i walked over to the toilet and dropped the rest of the food in it, and flushed it.

I sat down on the bed again when a strange feeling in my stomage appears "hmm must be the hunger i believe".

But the feeling turned in to pain and i started to rub my stomage, i started to shiver a little and after a few seconds i was crawling on the floor because of the pain "hey guys, help me get....get the doctor inhere i am really feeling bad.

"the two ensign see ILS on the floor of his cell and ensign Wind yelled at him"Yeah right, nice try ILS but you will not fool us again, damn you,r a good actor" both ensign,s started to laugh.

after one minute my entire body was shaking and everything in my body was hurting bad i tried to get up and started to walk to the field "HELP ME I AM NOT kidd...." the last words he could,nt speak because he had to cough and from his mouth came allot of blood, and not only from his mouth also from his nose, his skin began to color deep gray and the white of his eye,s turned yellow, he tried to walk but he fell and he fell against the forcefield "aaaarrrggggggggggg......"

The two ensign were shocked of what happened"what...what the h..."

Ensign wind tappet his combadge and tried to contact worf

"ensign Wind to Worf" "mr. Worf respond please there is something going on in the brig, and something is wrong with ILS, Please contact Sickbay!!"

As if by magic, SolarWind appeared in his cell, sitting next to him on the floor. She held her hand on ILS's stomach and whispered something. His pain dissapeared. His color came back to normal and he sat up. "You'll be alright now ILS, not to worry, I'm your 'Guardian Angel'. Some evil entity has zeroed in on you lately, but I took care of it. Things are going to be better for you now. Do you trust me?" ILS, in shock, answered " UH, DUH DUH, Muh muh, yaa, I think so." SolarWind kissed his forehead, said " I'll be watching, your going to be fine, from now on, no harm will come to you." Then she disappeared as quickly and mysteriously as she arrived.

Edited by Jeanway

"How's our man doing Worf" Jeanway said over her com-badge. "Looks like he made some sort of miraculour recovery, Captain, I can't explain it."

Edited by Jeanway