Sign in to follow this  

By morning, the ship spotted by Admiral Jeanway on the horizon has drawn near and now floats listlessly half-a-furlong off the Elusive’s starboard side. It is the same vessel seen on Bora Bora. Her sails have been repaired, and her lacquered hull polished clean. She sits quietly in the morning mist, and little activity can be seen on her deck. The vessel is quite small, and hardly seems capable of anything other than island hopping across the ocean. Mist encircles the head of her bronze dragon figurehead. Paper lanterns and small oil lamps flicker dimly on her lines as the first few beams of sunlight break the horizon.

At her stern, two men clad in dark robes sit crosslegged facing the bow. They are clearly of the far east, and their dark hair is worked into the traditional topknot of the ancient warriors of Japan. Each man is silently and slowly eating an orange. Amidships, the captain of the vessel sits. It is the same warrior seen on the shore Bora Bora – with the familiar dragon tattoo encircling his right arm. He sits on his knees facing the stern. His armor is removed, and he wears nothing but flowing black pants. A long scar crosses his chest from his right shoulder and ending near his sternum. He is bald except for a thick braided lock of hair coming from the back of his head. The braid rests over his left shoulder and ends intertwined in a sharp throwing star. His eyes are closed as he sits with his hands resting on his thighs.

After several minutes, he picks up the scabbard sitting in front of him. His katana sings a high note as he quickly removes it and slowly sets the scabbard down at his left side. He picks up a ceramic bottle and slowly and methodically pours vinegar over the blade. Setting the bottle down, he then dries the blade with a white cloth. He sets the cloth down and then wipes the blade with a piece of oiled lambskin – slowly on one side, and then the other. The newly rising sun gleams off the blade as he holds it up to inspect it. In a single motion, he swings the blade about his right side and then inserts it back into its scabbard. With two hands, he sets the blade down in front of him and bows low.

A young man brings a small black lacquered tray to the deck, and sets it down at the samurai’s right. The man steps to the front of the samurai, bows low, and then returns to the lower deck. The samurai picks up a small steaming cup from the tray and slowly sips as he continues his morning ritual.

All is quiet as the morning mist entwines itself about the mysterious vessel.

With some smelling salts, and rope around Fenriz waist to prevent him from jumping at the start, The ships doctor, applied the last of his bandages to his bleeding body. His arms covered with bite marks some bled while most were just bruised. Eyes Swollen shut, from the pummling he took. Doc says matter of factly in his shrill Scottish accent" I donno Know why it is that a man would beat another man's eyes in, over something as trivial as a kiss, after all tats all itwas." With a star Fenriz tries to get to him feet momentarily stunned by the god awfule stench that the doc was holding under his nose, The stirring welled up in im the rage he felt, but 3 sialors held him firm wist the doc calmed him down, "easy now lad, for as much anger in ye for im, there should be as much for thems cursed French. They and the're Shytte, any of them could just as easily drifted to us, but at least it'll be a good fight when it does come." With that, Fenriz, spit blood uot of his mouth and asked, " Weres Jeanway?" "Her and mistress Seska arein the captains cabin" Wolf Said.

WEAREBORG suddenly appeared and healed fenriz of his wounds and disappered in a blinding flash of light...

" You think I did not hear what you was sayin about the French, did ja DocNiel?. You aught to be knowin that even tho I spent some a me time in Dubin durin me schoolin days I AM Half French! So keep ya damn bloody insultin remarks to ya self ya shythhead ya!" Jeanway said. :P

Edited by Jeanway

I was seated at the breakfast table when Weareborg returned from some "mission of mercy" as he called it..I did not inquire as to the nature, I was stiff and sore all over...felt like I had taken a tumble off a cliff. Out of military courtesy myself and "number one" "stood" and reseated ourselfs with WEaREBorg..

"You must try this, young man." I recommended Weareborg..and motioned toward the Ship's Chef, "....Mr. Perkins please bring another serving of that "fabulous" new creation of yours.." and he served Weareborg four poached eggs benedict over a toasted and split english muffin buried under a mound of cajun blacked chicken diced with pimento peppers and chives, smoothed with hollandaise sauce and served with hash-browns and a tall glass of fresh squeezed O.J.

The conversation was all business til my first officer excused himself. Then came the time I had been thus far able to put off. I began.

"I don't know "how" you arrived on Bora Bora, but I don't think it was by chance, was it?" Weareborg didn't speak with his mouth full, he just shook his head "no" he was at this point in heaven.

"It's good isn't it! Someday, when his indenture service is complete, Mr. Perkins plans to Open a Restaurant in America..I believe he has a great future ahead of him....the best cook I've ever had in my service." Knowing I couldn't keep changing the subject any longer, I returned to the "personal".

"I've noticed a "kinship" with you and that was why I asked if you knew your parents. And I was wondering...what your thoughts were on the subject? do you think it might be possible....." I hesitated, not wanting to corner the lad with such.

Edited by headborg

" He's awake Ma'am " Worf said to Jeanway as he rapped a knuckle on her cabin door. " Aye, I hear Ya, I'm comin, thank ya Worf ." She says as she falls out of her sling onto the floor. She being in such a hurry to see Fenriz awake after 2 days under the sail up on the quarterdeck. " It's about time you got here Doc, where in blue blazes have ya been anyway? I mean I know this is a big ship but a Captain should be able to find the Surgeon when he is needed. So tell me Man, where ya been?" She stood there, her fisted hands on her hips. DocNiel just tended to Fenriz and never looked up. :P " Speak up Man!" she barked.

I woke up with the most terrible hangover i ever had

damn that rum, its poison i will never drink i again (i must have said that a thousand times)

damn that seska, again cheated by her,as i thought about it the anger returned but this time the anger stayed, my honor realy has died now.

later as i stood behind the wheel, looking at the Elusive sailing along with us my anger woke up again, i bet that Jeanway knew it all along hmm berayed by two women is even wors, but she did give me an amerikan flag and saved my and my crew against the french, but Seska still bothers me, she should be punnishd.

I call the boatsman to take over the wheel , an i went to my quarters i took place behind my desk picked up some paper and started to write.

"Dear Jeanway,

i think you know what happend last night, i am still furious about it, your sister has to be punnished for what she did to me, i hope you respect my honor and return her over to me. the punnishmend i have in mind is she will give my crew a good time, maybe than she will learn not to cheat on me again, if she has undergoing her punnishmend, than maybe i will take her back

Greetings

Captain ILIKESEVEN"

I gave the sealed scroll to a crewmember he tied it to a pigon, and sendet to the Elusive

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

~~ :P ~~

As Jeanway opened the message from the pigeon post she had a BAD feelin about this. When she read the words ILikeSeven had written, her hair all but stood up on her head. " OH MY" were the only words that came out of her mouth. She quickly went to her writing desk and scrolled out these words. " ILS, Don't ya think havin her do the very thing that she tried to do with HeadBorg is a bit wrong headed? How's that going to make you feel afterwards, probably worse than she will feel. Punishment will be worse for you than for her. Think about it. Signed, Yor Friend Admiral Jeanway. She returned to the pigeon cage, fished one out, tied the message to it's leg then threw the bird up into the air towards the Batavia, where ILikeSeven stood waiting at the wheel.

I saw how the pigeon land on the lower deck off the ship, a crewmember catched the bird and untied the scroll and gave it to me, i took it turned around and looked at the Elusive where Jeanway stood and looked back at me with a very sad look in her eye,s. i gave a fake smile to here and went to my quarters.

i sat down at my desk opend the scroll and started to read it, a bitter smile appeard on my face.

i took a new piece of paper dipped my feather in the jar of inkt and wrote her back.

"Dear Jeanway

Maybe you are right, it would me make uncomfterble if i let the crew loose on her, she probebly wouldn,t survive that, but she still must punnished.

and the only thing i can think off is that she get a piece of her onw, i will forgive her(and now it comes) i YOU will spend the night with me here on the Batavia in my bed, and that Seska has to see how we make pasionate love, but don,t worry i will take a bath first.

this is my final decision.

Capt. ILIKESEVEN"

with a great smile on my face i sealed the scroll, tied it on to a pigeon and let it fly

i saw Jeanway standing on the deck of the Elusive, i yelled to her "MY FINAL OFFER!!!"

As i looked at the Elusive is saw Jeanway reading my note, suddenly she turns red and looked at me with deadly eye,s i couldn,t hear what she was shouting, something about dreams, but when i saw her raising her arm and gave me that particular finger, i knew my offer was turned down. so be it

but this problem is not over and when i get my hands on that Seska, jeanway will be sorry she revused me.

I took the amerikan flag that hanging on my ship tied a canonball to it and dropped it demonstratical before Jeanway,s eyes into the water.

"YOU CAN KEEP THAT GIRL, MAYBE WORF WOULD LIKE HER!!!" i yelled

"SHE DOES NOT CARE HOW A MAN, SHE SHARES A BED WITH, LOOK LIKE!!!!

as mad a bull i turned to my quarters, and grabbed the first bottle of rum i found and started to drink at...hmm... breaking a prommes to myself again, ah but what the h*ll...

The crew of the batavia looked at each other and to the crew of the Elusive alle raising their shoulders and there was doubt

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

The sun waxes hot on the still waters as the dragon-emblazoned vessel sits idly near the small fleet formed of the Elusive, the Batavia, and the Bonaventure. For the most part, her crew is oblivious to the other vessels, as they contentedly ignore her. Any quarrels that might have broken out would have by now.

Two very tanned shirtless men pull a net at her stern. They empty fish onto the deck, as another holds them up to inspect them, occasionally tossing a few back into the water, and occasionally putting a few into a pail held by a young boy.

At the center of the vessel, her captain stands shirtless facing another man. The other is shirtless, also very muscular, and slightly taller. A thin moustache runs along the top of his mouth and curls down to well below his chin. His black hair is tied in the traditional samurai topknot. The captain and the other both hold katana across their waists, and they bow to each other. Each assumes a stance, and they begin sparring. Their blades flash as they trade blows, and the strikes ring out across the water.

For what seems like a tiringly interminable amount of time, the men fight. Their swords are blurs as they flash in the noon light. The men seem to be perfectly matched. Occasionally, one kicks or punches the other, and the larger man sweeps the captains legs, sending him to his back. The captain rolls backwards, springs to his feet, and the sparring continues. Crewmembers watch and move out of the way as the ferocious battle continues. As the captain sees his opening, he pivots on his left leg, and kicks his opponent squarely in the chest, sending him backwards over the deck railing and into the warm ocean. The crew cheers as the captain bows to his opponent growling in the water below. The captain tosses his sword to another crewmember, grabs a rope, and tosses it to the man overboard. Laughing, he pulls the man up. On deck, the two bow to each other and then laugh. In the cheering, the captain glances over at the Elusive, seeing the Admiral reading a scroll on her deck. His face grows serious as he moves to the opposite side of the ship.

The captain squints across the water at the Admiral. For some time, he stares until his eyes rest upon a jewel-encrusted gold key tied to her belt. He inhales sharply as his eyes widen. Turning to his crew, he yells an urgent order. “Ano fune no mai ni e ikimashoo!” The captain shouts as he points to the Elusive.

Aboard the foreign vessel, men begin working furiously as they rework lines and attempt to redirect the sails in the gentle breezes. A few others bring long oars to the deck as they work to steer the mysterious vessel towards the Elusive. Slowly, the vessel drifts towards the Elusive, coming alongside. It’s captain stands with his arms crossed as he continues to stare at the Elusive and her crew.

Edited by nik

on the aft of the Bonaventure, We sat having our mid-day tea and crumpets under the canopy, watching the show..."my lord, was that an American Flag he just put over the side?" I asked as I watched the events. Couldn't help but "laugh" when seeing Jeanway's reply to his pigeon post. I looked to "#1" and exclaimed..."well, I guess his message didn't agree with her!"

~~ East Meets West ~~

Jeanway, now enraged by Ilikeseven's indecent proposal, goes below to her cabin. " You know what he wants now, Seska?" She yells as she enters her cabin slamming the door shut behind her. Seska wakes up and obviously confused yells " MaMa!" Jeanway looks at her and says " What?" Seska, gaining her senses says " Oh, sorry love, just dreamin about something?" ::wink wink:: " So, what's wrong Lida?" Seska asks. " Oh, that Craphound of a man of yours, wants me to share his bed as punishment for all this Headborg business, how ABSURD!" *SESKA LOOKS AT JEANWAY, NEVER THINKING THAT SHE COULD EVER BE A RIVAL FOR A MAN'S AFFECTION.* Seska becomes withdrawn and sullen at the thought and lays back down on her berth in the corner, and falls back to sleep.

Jeanway, distraught at the thought of what Ilikeseven asked of her and now the obvious upset of her sister. " I've had it!" She says outloud. She begins to tear at her clothes, pulling them off, saying. " I need to get these heavy wools off and find my linens." She opens the top of her clothing chest and pulls out her whites. " Yes, this is better. " She says as she puts them on. Pulling up her pants just for an instant her eyes gazed out the porthole and she sees a small, brightly painted ship, not too far from the Starboard side of the ship. She puts her face right up to the glass to get a better look. " Looks like the vessel that we left behind on Borabora." She said to herself outloud. Seska, in her sleep, says " HUH?' As she finishes buttoning up her pants and shirt she leaves the cabin and goes up on deck. " Lieutenant Riker?" She said as she appproached him amidship. " Yes, Ma'am" He replied. " Pull hard to lea, let's get a look at this ship." She says as she points to the small ship. " Aye , Captain. HARD TA LEA." He yells. As the ship turns and heads toward this small vessel, Jeanway walks to the gate on the balustrade and waits until the Elusive pulls right along side it. She waves to a distinguised looking fellow who is standing on the deck facing her. He begins to speak in a loud voice. Since the Ocean was calm and there was no wind to speak of she could hear him quite clearly, he said.........................

Edited by Jeanway

As the vessel pulls near the Elusive, her captain steps upon the railing. His glare is expressionless, but his gaze is deeply penetrating. He stands motionless, and continues to stare at the Admiral. His small vessel comes to within a few feet of the Elusive. As it sits somewhat lower in the water, her captain looks up at the Admiral, his jaws flexing as he considers what he sees.

“Tomate!” He shouts, and several men run to the portside, each extending a long wooden pole to maintain a stable distance from the Elusive. The man looks up at Jeanway for several minutes. At this distance, the dragon tattoo on his arm is very familiar.

It is the same dragon that once adorned Hannibal’s chest.

The man finally begins speaking. His voice is quiet and soft, but deep and confident as he speaks in fairly good English.

“I know you,” he says. His voice is somewhat uncertain at first, but he continues. “I KNOW you.” He exclaims louder.

He steps down onto the deck of his vessel. “My name is Nikkori. I serbe as protector of the house of Kamioka.” He gestures to his vessel. “We are on a mission of exploration, and this is my bessel, the Kongou Maru.”

“As a child, I habe spent fifteen years on the seas with my father and alongside the Pax Mediterranevm. It is my great honor to meet the daughter of the captain of the Pax.”

Nikkori bows low to the Elusive, and his crew does the same. He looks back up and asks a single question.

“Has Nik-sama finally met his honor?”

~Pip and a Swollen Mouth~

Fenriz sits in the officers mess attempting to eat an orange, his jaw swollen from the other day's brawl with Headborg, the juice stings his mouth. Growing frustrated he throws the orange to the floor, it rolls to a corner and is grabbed quickly by a small rat who is bullied into giving it up by a large rat who scampers away with it's prize. Fenriz watches this, sullenly chewing on a moldy piece of bread which tastes terrible but doesn't sting his mouth. Bounding into the mess with more enthusiasm then is good for him comes the powder monkey Pip, who plops himself down beside Fenriz. "How are you today Sir? The doctor fix you up good?" asks the boy who begins emptying his pockets on the table in front of them. "Vat dam doftow doevn't know wha hev's doin, bettew off wif Wof." Fenriz grumbles, even his tongue was sore now. "Maybe so Sir, maybe so. Anyway it was a good scuffle you had with the Bonaventure's cap'n Sir." replies Pip, counting coins as he spoke. Looking sideways at the boy Fenriz asks him, "You bef on my fihht?" Not even looking up at the man the boys continues counting "Of course Sir, and I did rather well, thank you Sir." Curious Fenriz looks at the rather large pile of coins on the table "How muv?" Smiling at his own cleverness Pip looks up at him "Twenty-six dollars Sir." Suspicious of the little bandit Fenriz presses him " You get that all fom beddin?" With that question the powder monkey squirms uncomfortably while Fenriz just looks down at him. Finally the boy relents "Oh alright sir, alright. I picked a few pockets while the crew was watching the fight, honest thieving sir." Shaking his head at the powder monkey's audaciousness, a thought suddenly occurs to Fenriz. "Did you pift my poffets?" Not getting an answer Fenriz continues to stare at him, relenting the Pip confesses "I was just holding it for you Sir." offers the little thief he returns some of the money to Fenriz adding, "Someone had to watch it for you Sir, bunch of thieves on this ship Sir." Getting up from the table scoops his loot up and tucks it away inside of his shirt. "Did you pift Hedbor's poffets too?" Looking up at him, Pip looks Fenriz straight in the eye and winks. Fenriz laughs and then curses as it sends pain through his aching jaw. "Dam doftow, bloovy qwak."

" Most assuredly Niks-ama!" Jeanway replies. " Come aboard and bring all who you wish to join us, we shall eat together, is that agreeable to the Most Honorable Nik-sama?" Jeanway asks as she holds her hands together and bows, seeing Niks-ama doing the same. Jeanway now realizes that this is her old friend and mentor Captain nik, the one who never spoke, is now speaking to her. She is delighted. " Fenriz, where are you. Come quick, Captain nik is here."

Lying in his bed ILS starts his second bottle off rum, singing dutch sailorsong about a lost love, while his first officer Hangon tries to talk reason into is captain, sir it is just a girl, she is nothing worth fighting for

forget her sir,

FORGET HER SHE WHO BROUGHT SHAME ON ME (hips) SHE WHO CHEATED ON ME (burps) SHE SHe She she.............and ILS falls into a deep sleep, Lt. hangon takes the bottle away from him and let him sleep.

He walks to the boatsman and orders him to seek contact with Admiral Jeanway, this has gone far enough he things i need to talk to her.

The Boatsman writes a message to Jeanway and ties it to the last pigeon they have.

Hangon things, it has to stop now this charade this endless quarrel about a woman, i hope she wants to talk to me, hmmm ILS will be drunk for a few day,s so i can tiedy things up again, but well it,s my job

he sees the pigeon flying to the Elusive

Giving up on the moldy bread Fenriz tosses it to the small rat that was robbed of the orange earlier then pushes the bench he's sitting on away from the table. Suddenly the ship turns sharply and Fenriz losses his balance and falls backwards, landing on his sore back with a thud he grimaces in pain. "Blody hell." he grumbles, his face aching. Getting to his feet he hears Jeanway calling for him, the sound of her voice putting a spring in his step he bounds up the rises. On the deck Jeanway is standing at the balustrade, walking over to her side Fenriz notices the strange ship from Borabora which is now alongside the Elusive. Standing on the deck of the vessel is a familiar figure, when he speaks Fenriz's mouth hangs open in shock, looking at Jeanway and back he exclaims "Hoey Shyffe! Dat's nik and he can tawk."

Edited by fenriz275

" Most assuredly Niks-ama!" Jeanway replies.  " Come aboard and bring all who you wish to join us, we shall eat together, is that agreeable to the Most Honorable Nik-sama?" Jeanway asks as she holds her hands together and bows, seeing Niks-ama doing the same. Jeanway now realizes that this is her old friend and mentor Captain nik, the one who never spoke, is now speaking to her.  She is delighted. " Fenriz, where are you. Come quick, Captain nik is here."

Nikkori tilts his head slightly, a small smirk on his face. He speaks to a crewman standing beside him. "Ano fune e bangohan o tabetai desu...." The crewman rushes below the main deck.

"Please be assured daughter of the Pax... I am not the honorable Nik-sama... captain of the Pax. Many years ago, our bessels crossed paths, and we sailed together until his journey carried him to other places. I am only his friend. He is.... samurai."

As Nikkori speaks, a man rushes from below deck carrying a deep blue coat with broad loose sleeves and a single tie closure in front. He places it on Nikkori, who ties the

single thick braids at the front. The coat is decorated with a gold embroidered dragon. A second young man attaches Nikkori's katana to the broad strap about his waist. A third places a small wrapped package in his hand.

Nikkori looks at the key on Jeanway's belt. "I trust then, that he has found you? What news of the Pax. Has the mission been fulfilled?"

"are you suggesting that you are related to me in any way or am my father?"

....as the young man finally sounded those words ".....Father", I sliced my golf swing just as a messenger pigeon from the Batavia was half-way between it and the Elusive....the bird fell dead in the water.

"excellent shot, sir." was the word from #1 who was now my acting caddy on the stern of the Bonaventure.

"Sorry, Ol' Chap..." I yelled toward the Batavia, ".....I hope that wasn't an urgent message!" I turned to WeareBorg.

"I don't know "for sure" that I am....your Father....but the possibility seems to be there....I once had what I believed was a "dream" of an encounter with a mermaid, she came to me on night....and was gone the next morning when I awoke...you have her "looks" and that would account for your powers, on the other hand your mother.....and I by no means would talk ill of your mum, but she may have been ...well.....a hell-maiden. I know of only one way to 'prove' if you are indeed my son....you must "take the pattern" . I must arrange for your protection and safe passage to Amber. You must "walk the great pattern of Amber"....and if the blood of Amber flows threw your vains...you will know "who/what" you really are...a son of the Royal House of Amber and you will have power over shadow, the ability to walk thru Shadow...but if you're not of Royal Blood you will be destroyed when you set foot on the pattern. But then again, it's all your choice. You must choose if you want to risk it, or not.

Edited by headborg

~~ Three French Corvettes ~~

The Batavia, The Elusive, The Bonavenure and this new smaller ship the Kongou Maru, being all in close proximity of one another made a prime target. The cannons were heard, even though not in sight, being hidden in the mist. Hot-shots were seen hitting the water as the steam rose from the water around them. " What tha Bloody Hell is going on now?" Jeanway ran to the stern. Riker standing there with his telescope up to his eye. " It's the French, Ma'am." "Why are they firing at us?" She yelled at Riker. " Dunno Ma'am, we're flyin the American flag?" She answered. " Look at that!" Riker pointed to the Batavia. " She's run up her Dutch flag again." Jeanway looked across at the Batavia. " He's a piss-poor excuse for a Captain lettin his personal affairs get in tha way a his ship's safety, Aye, that he is. Now He's putting the rest uf us in danger as well. " We going to fight or run, Ma'am?" Riker asked her. "There's a third choice Mr. Riker, I believe ya not thinkin clearly." She answered. " If we get between the French and the Batavia, they may retreat as we being a much larger ship we'd be out gunnin them altogether." " It just might work." Said Riker. Jeanway and Riker ran to the wheel, swung the ship hard to port and headed into the mist. " Get those port gun hatches open and get those cannons ready to fire!" She yelled to the crew who were watching her the whole time. The crew charged below, yellin and screamin. Powder Monkeys runnin as well right behind them. Down on the fight deck the funace was blazin, the cannonballs one by one being dropped into the flames and when glowing hot were loaded into the cannon barrels one by one, making ready for their assault on the Corvettes in the mist. The mist evaporated around them and in clear view there they were. The Elusive, flying the American flag, port hatches open and smoking, made an ominous appearance as each Captain of the French surette caught sight of her. This was no match for them, and they knew it. As quickly as the Elusive appeared all three ship began to turn away from her and dissapeared into the mist and they didn't return.

Edited by Jeanway

When the shots from the French corvettes came screaming towards the Elusive, all heads turned to see where they had come from. Jeanway sprang into action and ordered the crew to their stations, Fenriz made his way through the sailors rushing about the deck trying to get a better view of the French vessels when he tripped over a loose rope on the deck and tumbled backwards down the rises, cursing as he rolled. Coming to a rest against a wall at the bottom of the rises Fenriz was pulled to his feet by Worf. "dammud, I bid muh tong." Fenriz complained. Laughing Worf pushed him back up the rises to the deck in time to see the French ships turn away from the Elusive. Fenriz looked at Jeanway and asked "Wad I mith?" Jeanway smiled at him and took his arm "Give your mouth a rest Love, no one can understand you." Standing together at the balustrade they watched the French ships disappear into the mist, heading away from the Elusive.

~A Night's Work~

Night falls over the Elusive and the three ships traveling with her. Lashed together during the night the three ships and the exotic fourth float silently on the calm ocean. Only the night watch of the ships are awake. As he makes his way above deck Fenriz notes that the crew of the Elusive is trying to get what sleep they can. Having had something on his mind for some time he decides tonight would be a good time to try to accomplish this one task. Walking across the plank that leads to the Batavia, Fenriz goes in search of the officer on watch. Finding a smartly dressed young man at the aft of the ship Fenriz guesses him to be the one and prays he speaks some English. "Escoose me, can I sthee you blathsmiff?" Fenriz asks, his swollen tongue and mouth making the words almost unintelligible to anyone even if they do speak English. The officer just stares at him, completely baffled by this battered and bruised man standing in front of him. Frustrated Fenriz tries again "Blathsmiff? You haff a blathsmiff?" Growing desperate Fenriz begins to pantomime someone working at a forge, the officer thinking this man before him is probably drunk calls over a few sailors and they stand around Fenriz as he continues his performance. By now the sailors gathered around him were laughing at the spectacle he was causing, thinking him drunk or crazy or both. Fed up with this Fenriz stops and shouts at them "Um nod crawy dammud, I need you blathsmiff. BLATHSMIFF!!!" Now the sailors on the Batavia clearly suspect Fenriz is insane and begin to move away from him when one of them steps up and speaks quietly to the young officer. "Ahhh." the man says as apparently the sailor next to him somehow understood Fenriz. The young man motions towards Fenriz, says something to the sailor, and then walks away. The rest of the crew walks off while one of them leads him down the rises to a room below deck, where a man is hunched over a small furnace, hammering a piece of raw metal, beating it into shape. Shouting over the racket Fenriz's guide gets the attention of the smith, then leaves the two of them alone.

Wiping his hands on a dirty rag, the man extends his hand to Fenriz who returns the gesture. Smiling broadly the man gets down to business "I Quentin, I help you?" Understanding the man's heavily accented English Fenriz attempts to explain his request. "I wan you to mafe me doo wings." Seeing a puzzled look on the smith's face Fenriz tries again "Wings, wings lie dis." Fenriz points to his fingers "Wings, doo wings." Quentin does his best to understand Fenriz, putting his hands to his side he begins to flap his arms and caw like a crow "Haha, you want wings, yes." Groaning Fenriz stops him "No dammud, WINGS! Nod wings." Shaking his head, exasperated Fenriz slaps himself in the forehead when he looks over at the workbench in the corner of the room, waving the man over to the table, Fenriz grabs a scrap of paper and a quill from an ink bottle at hand and draws two rings. Handing it to Quentin, the man laughs when he finally understands "I see, two rings, easy." Sighing in relief, Fenriz pulls two gold doubloons from inside of his shirt, nearly three hundred years old, they are heirlooms passed down from his great-great-great grandfather, who served on an English privateer. Handed down from generation to generation Fenriz offers them to the smith who inspects them. "Ha, good metal, will shape easily." Pulling a heavy purse of coins from his belt, Fenriz plops it down on the table as payment. Picking up the purse the man inspects it's contents and then laughs. "Good, can do it all tonight but you help, work furnace." Nodding his head in agreement Fenriz takes off his shirt.

With the morning sun barely below the horizon Fenriz makes his way back across the plank between the two ships to the Elusive. The two rings tucked away inside of his shirt he smiles, wondering exactly when he could present Jeanway's ring to her. Lost in his thoughts Fenriz descends the rises on his way to his cabin when he walks right into Worf. Exhausted from the night's work Fenriz trys to move past the Klingon who moves to block his way. "Late night?" Worf asks. Nodding Fenriz looks at Worf who is smiling at him. "Very well get some sleep my friend.' Worf replies and pats Fenriz on the shoulder as he walks by. Closing the door to his cabin Fenriz collapses in his sling and is asleep in seconds.

Edited by fenriz275

~~ Admiral Jeanway would have enjoyed seeing that, first hand :P ~~

Carronade.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Pisser little shyth of a cannon, and it was portable too. Edited by Jeanway

Jeanway hopes ILikeSeven appreciates what she just did for him.

The earliest known nautical routes were established in 1600, 150 years after the creation of the first nautical maps. These straight line navigational routes were called ' rhumb lines'. At the time that our story would have taken place, 1790-1850, this group of ships were not travelling on any established rhumb line, they will however and have previously, but not right at this time.

From the upperdeck Lt. Hangon sees the bird flying to the Elusive when suddenly it dropped, a cloud of feathers curling throug the air, and the liveles bird hits the water "what the h..." he thought, he look around at the crew, and raised his shoulders, the crew awnsers dito.

The was no shot i heard, what happened?

Look sir there is someone on the Bonaventure playing that stupid English game, what was it called again, o jes they call it Golf.

hmmmm, maybe i wil go directly to the Admiral, but i must do it at night, not everybody on this ship has to know it, especialy not the captain, or lets say our drunk captain.

That night a man in a black cloake enters the Elusive, Worf was the first to see him and stopped him "WHAT YOU WANT" i sad ssssst don,t wake every body up, i have to speak to the Admiral it,s very importand, please i am unarmed, would you please take me to her.

Worf took a good look at him, surched him for weapons"Okey i take you to her, but don,t forget i,m wachting you"

I followed worf to the admiral,s quarters, he knocked at the door and said"Ma,am, someone from the Batavia"

Sekska who was also in the room looked at jeanway and said"Maybe it is him, maybe he wants me back?"

"ENTER" jeanway said.

I walked into her room, lookd around and saw Seska, seska, were it all stardet with, but now has to end with.

"Is it you my love, please forgive me, i love you so much"she almost cried when she sad that.

No, i awnserd as i took of the black cloak and hat. sorry to disapoint you Madam.

I turned tothe Admiral took a little Bow, and kissed her hand.

"Madam" i started "we have a little problem or actualy a big problem,

as first officer of our vessel we are very consurned of our savety with our pressent Captain, for the last few days he is Drunk, and want,s nothing but his precios honor, the crew and i are very afraid this will escalet to something we don,t want, that little stunt he did with your flagg was for me the final straw, so me and our doctor have made a plan to realeve him from his position, so i can take over the Batavia, and let order return back on the ship.

My question to you or let me say, i beg you please help us with this, and please let us sail under your flagg again, in return i will hand over ILS to you, maybe you can bring sence to him becouse you have the right stuff aboard(when i said that i looked at worf) to do this,

on behalfe of our crew i beg you, will you help us