Sign in to follow this  

.......36 hrs earlier....

the morning sun rose across the mountain range....the screams from the jungle had stopped...seems the french had better luck dealing with the Headhunters...still no word from WeareBorg....been all night with the prisoner....just then from out of no where..the monsoon rains began...and a fresh yell from the jungle....the French were making another charge at our line.....thru the early morning fog they charged...as the frenchman charged I dodged his thrust, bending low I sliced off his legs from beneath him...as I rose and he fell backward I thrust my blade beneath his chin and into his skull...the momentum carried us backward as the tip of the blade shattered the back of his head and lodged in a tree.....it was stuck..as the second frenchman charged and thrust his toward my chest....I wasn't fast enough and he scored a gash along my left side....I turned and elbow chopped him in the face yanking the musket away as he fell then cracked the butt over his head...seeing another coming I returned to freeing my sword..with a left/right jerk it began to free itself..slicing thru the neck bone...the body fell off and slumped to the ground...then with my foot pulled my blade free of the tree, the head coming with it..stuck on the end like a olive on a toothpick....I charged the frenchman and flung the head off the end of the sword at him.....which scared he so much he dropped his musket and ran....and as quickly as this assault began...it was repulsed. The day was mostly uneventful from there. As night fell...still no word from Weareborg.

.....24 hrs earlier...

the lovely island of Bora Bora...looks like a scene from "donta's Inferno"....the jungle is quiet....too quiet...the men set without speaking...some trimble...most with numb "1000 mile" stares on their face.. the only sound .the sound of millions of flies buzzing the dead and rotting corpses....over in the distance two dogs fighting over who owns the french corpse they are tugging at, then a third runs over and drags a long trail it's intestines out of it's abdomen.....birds land on the heads of the dead and pluck at their eyes. Still no word from WeareBorg...what's he doing?

suddenly there's nothing to do, except return to the Bonaventure, take a hot bath, change into Dress Uniform, powder my wig...sharpen my sword, polish my boots...did WeareBorg leave us the French Frigates...or did we fight "for nothing" have nothing to show for all the blood-letting. My orderly pours more hot water in my tub, I play with my rubber duckee, smoke my cigar...I summon my "first officer" and ask if the carpenters have finished their repairs....Orderly says we don't need carpenters...WEareBorg has fixed the ship.....I summon the helmsman/navigator...I say lets set sail for Port Morseby, New Guinea....he says 'why sail capt, when we can klick our heals together three times and be there!" I order him flogged. I ask my first officer to invite Jeanway, Fenriz, Weareborg, Ilikeseven to dinner aboard the H.M.S. Bonaventure....oh and since the carpenters don't have anything to do with all that pitch/tar ......clean-up that island! use the pitch/tar and burn the French bodies. Someday, I'll return here and build pole-huts out here in the lagoon, little "cocktail bars" on the beaches....Hotels along the cliffs and make "a killing" off the tourists! There will be "nude beaches" and the French will love me! Just then, a cold chill comes over me, and I reach for my ever present deck of Trumps, I thumb thru them till I reach the one with brother Randoms Character on it...it's cold to the touch....why now after all these years would he be trying to contact me....I clear my mind and reach out to him..."Random, what do you want...brother?"

He studied me for a while, noting my surroundings then began:

"Corwin, where are you? the family is looking for you"

"never u mind, I'm on some shadow earth....having the time of my life...although I may be needing a "change of scenery" soon!"

"your presence is requested back here in Amber"

" requested? who's doing the "requesting"?"

"Dad!"

"Time-limit?" I ask...It's not wise to keep Oberon waiting.

"I said you were "requested"...not "wished for"..." he added. "it's just a "social-function" state party thing, Dad would like to show a "united" family front"

"Well, dear little brother..aside from you..the other 7 would all just as soon see me dead in hell! I think about it. Contact you later...and you can bring me thru...now can I get back to my bath?"

"You look like you need it....." were his last words and the contact was broken.

Edited by headborg

I'm also confused....

What time period are we in?

The day befroe thing just confuses me sry

:blink:

I'm also confused....

What time period are we in?

The day befroe thing just confuses me sry

:blink:

I'm guessing sometime about the period of the French revolution, George III of England, and the Early years of the U.S. Government, and the wars springing from the French revolution (commonly accepted years are ~1790's-1810's, although the pinpointed start of the French revolution is 1792, beginning with the food riots, it was several problems coming to a head). Several reasons for this are:

- Brits at war with the French (as well as most of Europe)

- French expansionism

- Post-American Revolution (evidenced by the formation of the U.S. Navy, an

invention of T. Jefferson, I THINK).

Fascination period of history affording itself to many anecdotes, as well as voyages on nearly all oceans. There is plenty of room for imagination here.

Of course, some interesting plot twists may present themselves. Just wait!

Edited by nik

Sorry, I need to rephrase the question...

What time of day are we in?

The 24 hours before confuses me...

I'm bad with timelines...

Taking HEADBORG back to the elusive, WEAREBORg apologized to Jeanway for the delay......

~ The Reunion ~

Jeanway stood at the rail of her ship watching as the hours dragged on. Then from the edge of the jungle she saw two figures emerge and get into the waiting boat. As they began to row towards the Elusive, Jeanway could see HeadBorg, bloody, dirty, shirtless and looking exhausted. She thinks to herself, if he is near death, why is he in the jungle fighting the French? Immediatley she begins to suspect that maybe this was just a trick to get her to come here. But why would he go through such an elaborate deception? Was it her ship he wanted, or her?

As they pulled up along side HeadBorg was helped up onto the deck and stood face to face with Jeanway. She stood there waiting to hear what he had to say. " Hello" was the only word out of his mouth. Jeanway replied " Right back at ya". :blink: No, really. " Well, malaria seems to be agreeing with you, HeadBorg. Feeling better?" She asked. " Well, as a matter of fact, yes, I am better since I sent you that pigeon post. I seemed to improve when our little friend here showed up a few months ago." " WORF!" Jeanway yelled. " Yes, Ma'am?" He answered. " Go fetch our young friend and bring him to me, right now!" She ordered him. Worf jumped the Batavia in a single bound and retrieved WeareBorg and dragged him back across to the deck of the Elusive. Jeanway stood in front of WeareBorg, put her hands on his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes. " Tell me" She said. Weareborg turned his head to look at HeadBorg. She shook WeareBorg and said. " Don't look at him, look at me!" " Yes Maam" He said timidly. " In what condition did you find this man when you arrived?" She asked him. " OH, Maam, UH, Admiral Jeanway, I mean, Uh, he was a pitiful sight when I first layed eyes on him. All skinny and sick he was, honest Maam, I wouldn't lie to ya, honest, he was." Jeanway turned to HeadBorg and said " Did you tell him to say that?" HeadBorg, dumbfounded, not knowing what to say replied " Hey Lady, cool your jets!!" :) He's tellin the truth. I was sick, but I got better, really, I did, shyth!" Jeanway replied " I don't know about this HeadBorg, I never DID trust you." HeadBorg, looking stupified by all this said " Look, I've had a hard day in the jungle killing and maiming, get off my back woman! Then he leaped across to the Bonaventure and dissapeared below deck. Jeanway just stood and watched him leave. Then she looked over at Fenriz and Worf who were standing there with their mouths hanging open, staring at her. They tried to get away but bumped into each other and fell down on the deck. Scrambling to get up Jeanway caught them both by the collar, one in each hand. They stood up. She began again. " You two keep an eye on him, I don't trust him. He probably wants our cannons. Post extra guard on them, day and night and don't let him onboard again unless I am right there." 'Yes, Ma'am" Worf said " Yes, Dear" Fenriz said as they scrambled below deck to get away from Jeanway.

Edited by Jeanway

"Ummmm, Admiral Jeanway..." WEAREBORG said. "There's a little thing I need to tell you." "What!!?!?" shrieked Jeanway. WEAREBORg took a cautious step backward. "Her Lady Solar Wind sent me." Jeanway almost fainted.

"I'm shocked that she didn't erase your memory, that's how she handles these things, or so I'm told" Jeanway replied. " Well, she must have had all good intentions for you WearBorg" She added. "And how was your stay with her? Did you learn alot?" Jeanway asked. " Very much, Ma'am" WearBorg answered. " But sometimes me tends to backslide and do um, how'd I say this, um, things the way I was doin them before, all eevil and mean and such as that." He answered. " Well, as long as you understand what she was trying to teach you, to do good whenever you can and not make everyone and everything just disappear, or go throwing monkey wrenches into things and fouling up the gears, then she did a good thing for you. I hope you know that." Jeanway said. " Yes, Ma'am, I think I understand now." He answered. " Well, that's a fine lad you are WeareBorg." She added as she gave him a pat on the shoulder. " You'd best go back to the Bonaventure and see what needs doing over there with HeadBorg, he needs you right now, you DO understand that, don't you?" She asked. " Yes, Ma'am, I do." He answered. " Well go now then, we will see you both soon, I am sure." She added.

Edited by Jeanway

Heading back to the Bonadventure, WEAREBORG began to look for HEADBORg. He found him in the galley looking for some food. He found some biscuits and some honey. Plopping down on the table, HEADBORG offered some to WEAREBORg. HE declined. WEAREBORG asked HEAD BORG what he should do. HEADBORG looked on at the lad with a stange gaze.

~ The Betrayal ~

Back on the Elusive, Jeanway, Fenriz, Worf, Ilikeseven, Seska, and Riker all sit around the officers dining table in the messhall. Enjoying some of the provisions brought aboard by the PAX before her sinking. They opened a bottle of 'Chateau Picard' and drank a toast to the loss of their former friend and advisor, Captain nik. " He's gone over to the other side" Jeanway said with a funny look on her face. "I Never would have thought this in a million years. Just goes to show you, you can't trust anyone." " Here, here" They all said. " To Captain nik!" They all drink the wine, it is bitter and goes down hard, then throw the glasses one by one at the wall. The beautiful guilded, gold stemmed glasses Captain nik gave to Jeanway as a gift of frienship and TRUST!

From above on deck a scuffle is heard. They all run to see what it's about. Two of the sailors have Wearborg pinned on the midship, face down. " What's going on here?" Jeanway yelled. " We caught him trying to sneak aboard in the dark" One sailor answered. " Let him up" She said. Weareborg stood up and again face to face with Jeanway he said. " I was hungry, we got nothin over there to eat." Jeanway immediately took pity on the young boy and said " Come below, we were just about to eat, you must join us." WeareBorg stopped and asked " And what about Headborg, would he be welcome as well?" Jeanway thought for a moment and said " Of course he is welcome" She then told one of her crewmen to go over to the Bonaventure and extend the invitation. He climbed over the rail onto the still secured Batavia, then onto the Bonaventure. Jeanway took WeareBorg below and they all sat down at the table. Within a very few minutes, HeadBorg appeared at the top of the rises and came down. He had obviously bathed and was dressed handsomely in his uniform. " Good evening everyone "He said graciously. " Thank You for the invitation, I was about to invite you all to join me." They all looked at WeareBorg. Jeanway bent over to him and whispered in his ear. " I thought you said there was no food over there?" He answered. " I looked everywhere and found none, if there is it sure is hid real good." HeadBorg overheard this and immediately said " With all the thievery and cut-throat activity aboard a ship like mine, I have a special hiding place for many of the things that may tempt a less than honorable man." As he looked down at WearBorg who was playing with the eating utensils in front of him. "Come Jimbo, sit" Everyone looked at HeadBorg and Jeanway. And in what seemed to be a rehearsed response they all said " Who is Jimbo?" Jeanway looked at HeadBorg who was sitting directly to her right and they both laughed out loud. " Jimbo is a nick name Lida gave me a long time ago, it's kind of a joke." A resounding " aahh" came from everyone at the table, except for Worf, his sounded more like a "GGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAA" and louder that eveyone else's put together. The meal was served. Pitchers of a fruity ale were on the table, along with pitchers of fresh water. There was fresh fruit from Monkey Island. Then it was followed by a delicious turtle soup. A stuffed quale in a pastry basket followed that. Baskets of freshly baked breads and scones were scattered about the table and bowls of freshly churned butter. The end of the meal was heralded with an English Trifle served in a large, clear bowl, from which Jeanway scooped out each serving for everyone, giving an extra large portion to Fenriz, who was seated to her left and to WeareBorg who was a growing boy. HeadBorg watched and appeared to become a bit aggitated at this. He bent over to her and whispered in her ear " You know that's my favorite, how is it you give extra to them and not to me?" She just looked at him with a cold, blank stare, never saying a word. HeadBorg knew that look and kept his mouth shut the rest of the evening.

As everyone had eaten their fill and were ready for sleep, the invited guests returned to their ships. Fenriz and Worf to their cabins and Jeanway, wanting to speak with HeadBorg in private followed him up ondeck. " Just a moment" She said as she touched his sleeve. "I'd like to know what this is all about." She said. HeadBorg, looking confused and anxious said to her " Look, I truley was deathly ill with the Malaria. I was suddenly struck well, by some chance of fate or perhaps some magic spell, how it happened, I don't know, honestly." When HeadBorg said the words 'magic spell' Jeanway immediately thought of SolarWind. " OH, I do believe I understand this now" she said. " I'm aware of her powers and her thirst to make bad things right again" Jeanway had dealings with SolarWind, many times in her life and thought of her as a sort of Guardian Angel. " There ARE strange forces that be in this world and beyond our understanding, we just must accept their gifts and be grateful." HeadBorg felt a wave of relief come over himself now in the knowledge that Jeanway was no longer suspecting him of trickery. "Let's get some sleep now, my friend," she said to him. HeadBorg leaned in for what he was hoping to be a good night kiss when Jeanway thrust out her hand for a friendly handshake. " Good Night" she said. HeadBorg aquiessed and also said " Good night dear, see you in the morrow" She turned and walked down the deck, He leaped over the rail and to his ship. All went to sleep, sentrys on watch throughout the night. They all slept peacfully.

Edited by Jeanway

I beieve WeareBorg was confused by the addition of information given by Captain HeadBorg concerning all things Amber, I too was confused. Then nik replied, misunderstanding that. This is called ' BANDWAGGONING'. PLEASE TRY TO STAY WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE STORY. This is what happens. Otherwise, everything seems to be running smoothly, for now. :laugh:

Edited by SolarWind

After returning to the Bonadventure, WEAREBORG went immediately to his quarters and plopped on his soft feathery bed with a firm yet soft pillow....

Meanwhile, Headborg came aboard the ship. He needed to talk to SOLARWIND

~~ In a NutShell ~~

We are telling a story. A Sea Trek. We had a beginning but no one knows where it will end. We just try to add to the story using the information from the previous entry plus adding whatever we can to move the story along. Jeanway is Captain of the USS ELUSIVE, American. Captain HeadBorg is the HMS Bonaventure, British. Captain ILikeSeven is the The Batavia, Dutch. We are all together now, off the island of Borabora. Where Captain HeadBorg is fighting some French soldiers whose two Frigits who are docked on the otherside of the island. HeadBorgs ship is damaged, they are trying to fell some trees to fix it. The French are doing the same. Jeanway and I likeSeven came here together because HeadBorg sent Jeanway, an old flame of his, a message to come because he was dying of malaria. When she got here she found him well and fighting. Also with him was WeareBorg, a boy Jeanway had known before as Captain of the 'EEVIL EYE' a terrible Devil Ship which has been destroyed by SolarWind, a kind of Goddess Presence who fixes things magically. She took WeareBorg for a time on her 'Ship of Light' and tried to reform him, so he'd use his powers for good instead of evil. Then brought him here to HeadBorg who is his natural father, but neither of them know that yet. That's basically what's going on right now. We had another ship,The PAX, which was a ship but wasn't a ship, it was between life and death, a ghost ship which was sent to retrieve a treasure that would release it from a 1000 year old curse. When the treasure was found, the PAX was released and sank so they could all die. Captain nik was a friend to Jeanway. Fenriz was a captured Captain of the USS Periwinkle which kind of just floated off and dissintegrated somewhere, it was made of marshmallow. But when Jeanway and Fenriz met, they felt love at first sight so Fenriz is Jeanway's BOYFRIEND, you hear that everybody? O.K. Seska was mixed up in all this by being hired by Jeanway to find the other half of a map she only had half of :angry: , hmm, that makes sense. OK, anyway she stayed on the PAX for a while and met ILikeSeven who was picked up by the PAX when his other ship sank in a battle with Jeanway, so he was her enemy. I can't remember what they were fighting about. Seska was spying on the PAX and met ILikeSeven and they fell in love. So now after travelling back to Holland and getting another ship, He and Seska are here with Jeanway to act as surety, or protection, she paid him and Seska with large diamonds given to her by Captain nik as an incentive to help him break the curse and find the treasure. Worf is on the Elusive, he arrived by way of the original game ' Blank,Blank, Walk the Plank'. He is Jeanway's bodyguard. Lieutenant Riker is her first officer and navigator, he also arrive by way of the game. Oh, Seska is Jeanway's sister, they just found that out. It had to do with the curse on the PAX, go back and read. I hope this helped you. Confused the H*ll out of me :angry: But one step at a time, that's how we do it. Now write a way that you enter the story, it should make some kind of sense. Oh, the Powder Monkeys are young boys who deliver the gun powder to the fight deck, where the cannons are, during times of battle.

Edited by Jeanway

~ The Buzzing Star ~

While everyone on board the Elusive was sleeping following the evenings earlier events, Fenriz crept out of his cabin and up the rises to the deck. The moon seemed especially large in this part of the world and cast it's light on the ship. Fenriz could hear the drunken singing of the two sailors who were supposed to be on watch coming from behind at the aft of the ship. Confident they were unconcerned with their duty Fenriz crept back down below deck and quietly opened the door to Worf's cabin, peering through the small crack in the doorway he checked to see if the Klingon was asleep, smiling deviously he saw Worf was sound asleep and holding what appeared to be a badly worn teddybear. Creeping into the tiny room he grabbed the boots at the foot of the Klingon's berth and left the cabin, quietly closing the door behind him. Climbing the rises Fenriz went above deck to meet his co-conspirator.

With the nightwatch still singing away in their drunken stupor Fenriz quietly tiptoed to the fore of the ship where Thomas, one of the powder monkeys was waiting for him. " Evening Mr Fenriz, Sir. " whispered the boy in his squeaky voice. " Tom, do have what I asked you for? " replied Fenriz. " That I do Sir. " answered Tom pulling a pail out from behind him. In the pail were several days worth of foul smelling and rotting fish entrails. Wincing at the disgusting odor, Fenriz grinned at the lad and reached into his pocket, producing a silver dollar he gave put it in the boy's waiting palm and patted him on the shoulder. "Good work lad, now off to bed with you." said Fenriz and Thomas quietly scrambled to the rises and disappeared below deck. Fenriz lifted the pail with one hand while holding his nose with the other and chuckling to himself he filled the Klingon's large boots halfway with the putrid contents of the pail. Tossing the rest overboard he stops when he hears a faint buzzing sound coming from somewhere overhead.

Looking into the night Fenriz thinks that he can see a faint star overhead that appears to be moving slowly across the sky. The buzzing sound seems to grow louder but then fade on the wind. Straining to see the distant light Fenriz is startled when he hears the inebriated laughter of the two sailors on watch drawing near him. Stepping into the shadows behind one of the main masts of the Elusive he watches as two sailors, Snader and another called Crunch, stumble towards him. Leaning on each other Crunch holds a bottle of rum which he swings around him in the air as they sing some off color sea shanty, in between verses they take swallows from the bottle and Snader gnaws at the over cooked leg of some kind of bird. Fenriz is certain they will discover him when they turn and make their unsteady way back down the deck. Relieved he again peers into the dark sky but the star is gone along with the strange noise, shrugging to himself Fenriz picks up the Klingons fishgut filled boots and quickly sneaks to the rises and makes his way below deck. Quietly opening the door to Worf's cabin he returns the boots to their spot and returns to his cabin, laying down in his billet for the night he smiles mischievously. " That will teach that big oaf to soak my boots while he watches monkeys kick my arse." Fenriz thinks to himself as he drifts off to sleep, holding his pistol, just in case.

Edited by fenriz275

~Batavia,s log suplimental~

After i have returned to my ship from that deliciuos meal with Jeanway on the Elusive i had somay things to do, i had to go over the inventory lists, my logs realy needs some entrees and i was very tiered and i wanted to go to my bed.

A h*ll lets make those log entrees right now.

I dpied my featherpen in a yar of inkt when suddenly there was a knock on my door, "Enter" i said.

my weapons master opend the cabin door and excused himself disturbing me a this hour, but he told me that the modification on my saber where ready.

i stood up and walked with him to the armoury, ther it was, my own saber with on the hande a trigger and at each side of the blade a little barrel, that could be loaded with a 9mm bullet, i looked at him and said "Quinten you did a fine job"

"Sir" he said "i will work on you Musket now, i am adding a telescope on it and harden the steel barrel, so you can put my new nitrogunpowder in it for more accurate shots.

on his workbench was already my Musket in six parts and two lenses with some kind of crosshair on it.

Ileft him alone so he could work in peace and put my saber in his holster on my left side.

When i returnd to my cabin i noticed there was some in it to, i looked at the bed and i saw someone hiding under the covers, slowly i took my pistol i pullet back the flint and aimed at the bed, slowly a aproached the bed and with a swift move i pulled the covers away"DON,T SHOOT ME" seska yelled.

I put my pistol back in the holster and asked her what she was doing in my cabin

suddenly i noticed that she only wear a white silky night dress, and she gave me the romantic look"come and lie beside me"she said.

I blew out the two candles on my desk, and took off my uniform

i lied beside her, and the room was dark, but filled with Love

aawww :laugh: jeanway felt the boat rocking, momentarily waking her. Thinking to herself " Hmm, it doesn't SEEM that rough out there tonight", since all three ships were secured together. :laugh:

She fell back to sleep and once again she awoke. This time some foul smell wafted through the cracks around her cabin door. " What tha" she said as she got out of her sling and walked to the door, opened it and peeked out into the passageway, she saw no one, heard nothing, but what was that terrible odor? Tired, she decided to just forget about it and stuffed some bedding around the cracks in the door and went back and layed down in her sling. This time she slept until daylight.

The next morning as she was washing at her commode there was a light tapping on her cabin door. " Who is it" Jeanway asked. " It's Seska, I need to talk to you, my sister. " Enter" Jeanway said loudly. Seska opened the door and came in. " Is there something wrong?" Jeanway asked her. Seska looked somewhat forlorn, Jeanway could see she was troubled. " I must be truthful with you." Seska said. " I find myself somewhat enchanted by your friend Headborg." Jeanway sat suddenly in the chair behind her and looked at Seska. " You can't be serious." Jeanway said. " Aye,but I am. I haven't been able to think about anything else since last evening, I hardly slept and even went to Ilikeseven's berth in the middle of the night, hoping he would take my mind from such wanderings." Jeanway looked down at the floor for a moment then began. " ilikseven, is he aware of your feelings for HeadBorg?" " Nay, I fear if he did, there could be some trouble, Ilikeseven is a very jealous sort, I must find a way to speak to HeadBorg alone, can you help me?" Jeanway now torn for her feelings of concern for her newly found sister and knowing that the thought of someone being interested in HeadBorg might cause her, herself some distress, she thought cautiously about what she was just asked. " Aye, this IS a strange predicament, and I find myself right in the middle of it. If I choose to stay out of this, there may be more trouble than if I agree to help you." Jeanway thought of Fenriz now. He may be able to help. By distracting ILikeSeven with some urgent matter that only ILikeSeven could help him with. Perhaps another prank and he could get worf to help him. Jeanway knew anything she asked they would do. " Let me give this some thought Seska, and I will talk with you again when I decide how we can do this, is that alright?" Seska smiled and said. " Oh yes, that would be wonderful. I will go back to the Batavia now and wait until you send for me, will that do?" Seska asked. "Yes, I'm not promising anything as yet, but I will try. Let me talk with Fenriz and see what he can come up with." Jeanway and Seska hugged each other then Seska left the cabin.

Edited by Jeanway

Returning to the Bonaventure after dinner, Headborg turned his attention to the administrative matters at hand, calling a senior staff meeting at mid-night, not wishing to wake the young WEAREBORG he allowed him to sleep. The Quartermasters report was first, and it seemed the two captured french frigates were loaded with food, wine, cheese...but they were low on black powder....revealing why the french did not choose to fight with them, however they were equipped with 6 and 8 pound cannon. Headborg ordered the better/larger cannon transferred to the Bonaventure along with all the shot. Knowing this wouldn't set very well with young WEareBorg....he ordered the transfer carried out before dawn. The Carpenters were assigned to stripping all the french names and markings off the two captured ships. Before dismissing the staff, Headborg instructed his 1st officer that in the morning, Weareborg would inspect the 2 ships and take the better of the two as his new command, and he(1st officer) would select a skeleton crew for the other til they reached a neutral port where it could be sold...as plunder to divide between the men for their hard fighting. I then instructed the carpenters to fashion what ever name Weareborg so chose for the stern of his new ship. The 1st officer then stated that most of the crew would refuse to serve under him..."He's got the Devil in Him, Sir....It ain't right! Them powers he has...he don't need no crew anyways! The staff left then and I made my required Log entry: Captains Log.....March 16th.. after repairing the ship, left Bora Bora heading ssw, where on 2nd day met on high seas..2 french frigates...gave battle....damaging both....1 ship escaped, 1 damaged too severe to salvage...scuttled her. end log.....J.R. S./ commanding H.M.S. Bonaventure.

After making my false log entry to hide the "plunder" I turned my gaze toward the Elusive....lit a Cigar and began to "remanence" I opened the chest on my desk and studied the beautiful black pearls...I had spent so much time diving for before the sickness..gosh I must have dug and cracked open so many oysters....2 weeks...the whole crew worked...as soon as we reach "civilization" I would have them crafted into a work of art, for her.....Jeanway. I then studied the Elusive....yes a fitting ship for such a woman...like a long-stem Rose....I studied the gun ports...so many "thorns" There wasn't another like her...anywhere....ship or lady...pity these Americans have such a love-affair with the French...and her being French-American...she'll never turn her guns on them.....she'd even watch as the french splintered the Bonaventure and sent me to the bottom. I looked to the sea...they were out-there...and if we spend too much time here...we'll be caught/cornered..I opened the maps and began studying them.

Morning came, and I called "WEAREBorg" told him of my plans to sell one of the captures and asked him to make his pick. I then asked the captains of the Elusive, Batavia, and the 2 Dutch Merchantman to a "WAR Council", my first order of business was to discover the intentions of the 2 dutch captains....

"As you know, I am paid well by the Dutch East Indy company...a "surety" to safe guard your ships..and thus far I have fulfilled that contact fully....but now with the "Batavia" here..flying the Dutch flag....I would like to know where you stand...The season for safe passage around the horn of Africa has passed....and with the French between us and Port Moresby....it doesn't look good. The Trade winds blow NE toward Hawaii...As of now I know not what plans Admiral Jeanway has....I do know that if we set here! the french will come...What I need to know from you, Admiral is if I stay here for a while...with your party...and the french come....will you Fire on them? Gentleman....(I turn back to the Dutch Captains) Holland can be reached by sailing East or West....In the mean time, some R&R can be spent here....it's a beautiful island(my expression softens as I look at Jeanway)

Edited by headborg

Hearing a knock on his door as he is dressing following his prank the night before Fenriz pulls on his boots and walks to the cabin door. Expecting to find an angry Klingon standing there he yanks the door open and instead finds Jeanway. Puzzled he begins to ask if she needs anything when she stops him, " I need a favor from you." she states. "Anything my Love." answers Fenriz. Motioning with her head towards her cabin Fenriz follows her and closes the door behind them. Turning to face him she begins, " I need you to distract ILikeSeven tonight." Fenriz, curious asks " May I ask why, Love?" " Of course." she answers," Seska needs to meet with Headborg and she doesn't want ILikeSeven to know, she asked for my help." Considering the situation for a moment Fenriz looks at Jeanway, "I suppose I could invite him to the Elusive for a game of cards, I don't think any self respecting sailor would pass on the chance to relieve another's pockets of their coin. It shouldn't be that difficult, consider it done love." Smiling Jeanway kisses Fenriz " I knew I could leave this in your hands, I'll inform Seska of our plans." Opening the door for her they exit her cabin together and head up the rises to the deck of the Elusive. While Jeanway goes in search of Seska Fenriz calls a sailor over to him, "Yes sir?" the sailor inquires. Seeing it's one of the pair from last night Fenriz can't hide his smile. "Snader, find Commander Riker and Worf for me." Turning several shades of green while he listens to the order the hungover man wobbles off on his errand, watching him go Fenriz frowns to himself, "We'll have to let the Dutchman win tonight I suppose, Worf and Riker won't be happy with that news, neither am I." Suddenly a thought occurs to him, "Snader?" Fenriz calls after him. "Yes sir?" asks an obviously distressed Snader. Fenriz smiles innocently, "Do you and that friend of yours, Crunch is it?, play poker?"

Edited by fenriz275

~~ The Dilemma ~~

" Trouble and more trouble" Jeanway says outloud to herself as she paces in her cabin. " I don't need this, why am I even here?" she asked herself outloud. " One calamity after the next" she continued. " He's not ill, he's fighting the French, this isin't my fight, why should I be right in it's core? Right in the belly of the beast. Jeopardizing my crew, my ship, my future. I'll help Seska with her problem then at first light, we are out of here!"

With the ships secured together off the coast of the island, a rather small vessel can be seen upon the beach, having arrived unnoticed in the night. Her flat-bottomed hull is made of dark cherry, lacquered shiny and smooth, and her bow curves upward. Her figurehead is a large bronze-plated dragon with ivory eyes. The dragon’s tail snakes down the side of the hull, undulating so as to rise above and below the waterline. A pale canvas covers her stern. Her sails have been secured on her three masts, and she is tied to several trees of the jungle lining the beach.

Looking through the eyepiece, one can make out writing on her side and her stern. It is the pictographic writing of the orient. Several footprints lead from the vessel across the beach and into the jungle. The vessel seems empty, her crew obviously oblivious to the vessels secured off shore.

It must heve been at noon when i woke up. I jumped up from my bed with a smile on my face.when i loooked at the bed i noticed that seska wasn,t in it anymore, maybe she was on the Elusive with her sister Jeanway, aaaah what a woman seska is, this was surly a night to remeber i will not forget it for a long time, she realy knows what too do with a dutch sailor like me, i am such a lucky man to have a woman like her, i think i realy love her and maybe i will marry her i will Quinten make a golden ring for her with one of the diamonts on it jeanway gave me, Yes Jeanway can marry us.

"Sir, are you awake?" i walked to the door and opend it i saw my guarde he had a note in his hand and gave it to me "it,s from Fenriz sir" i started to read the note

"Dear Captain,we would be honored if you would like to join us on the Elusive for a game of poker, we also asked captain Headborg to join us but he had more important buissnes to attend to, we hope you like rum, we have some in store

yours Fenriz"

Well, this could be interesting, i don,t even know how to play poker, but there must be a first time for anything, maybe i will bring along some dutch chees

That night i put on my Gala uniform and walked to the door, as walked up the stairs i heard comotion on the deck i went up and ask what was going on "Sir" my boatsman said " there is a small rowboat comming with a dutch flag. after a few minutes the five men from the boat where on the deck, i regogniced one of them it was Capt. hangon of the "Amsterdam" a small fast ship with fivf canons

He told me he came here as fast as he could, he had bad news.i aksed him what the bad news was

"Seven brace yourself, England declared War on Holland, and the counsil of the eight lords demand your return to protect the channel an Holland.

You must follow me, and now, becouse soon the Bonaventure will be informed tommorow, we passed an english ship this mornig, the "Amsterdam is behind the island for anker, we must leave now.

I agreed, but first i have to find seska, i want her with me on this she must be on my side when i go into battle, but where is she?

With the sun-rise came the yell and clanging of the bell from the crows nest....sail on the horizon! I dressed hurriedly and went atop with my glass...anticapating these sails being French, ordered crew to stations, opened the gun-ports and loaded the cannons, but to my surprise the colors shown to be "the Union Jack"...I signaled for my first officer and WEAREBORG to take to see and remove those ships that were suppose to be sank..gone from sight...the Queen had enough ships in the Fleet...these were ours....I ordered my men to look like Proper English Sailors not pirates and to stand down...soon the ship came along side...and the news came....England at War with Holland. Damn the Lords of Parliment....I'm running out of Business Partners...I stomp on the news...and look toward the "Batavia"....thankfully this was a merchant ship....not a Royal Navy Ship...but I couldn't just let them leave and report back to the fleet that they spotted the H.M.S. Bonaventure consorting with the enemy, an American...2 dutch merchants in Bora Bora's southern lagoon. I stepped behind the man, pulled my dagger and slit his throat, yelling for the men to plunder her! And so it was, one English merchant lost to Pirate activity....Located near Bora Bora, all hands dead.....Captain H.M.S. Bonaventure reporting. Soon there would come offical "orders"...I ran up a white flag and asked Admiral Jeanway and Ilikeseven to met ashore so we could discuss these new events...I ordered the gun crews to stand ready, and keep an eye on the "Batavia", sent word to WEAAREBORG and "number one" of the news from England and waited.

Edited by headborg

Jeanway and Fenriz discuss his plans for this evening's poker game. All is set and ready. IlikeSeven has accepted the invitation. Worf and Lieutenant Riker are sitting in the mess at a table working out strategies for their game. Fenriz paces the floor and watches them, feeling a bit nervous about this deception.

Jeanway appears at the door way and decends the rises. She approaches Fenriz noting his anxious countenance. " Are you going to be alright?" She asks him. " Just me stomach my Dear, feelin a bit queezy. I'm not used to deceivin people this way." He answered. Jeanway put her arm around his shoulder and said " Come sit with me a while and we can talk about this." Fenriz and Jeanway sat there in the Wardroom for quite a while. Sharing large mugs of steaming, hot coffee and biscuits with jam. After a few hours and much discussion and laughter, Fenriz felt calmer and more able to handle this task for his Love. All the while Worf and Riker were playing poker at the far end of the room. Laughing and slapping each other on the back whenever one of them won. " Oh, we'll sure show those unsuspecting Sons a Sea Devils how to play a good hand a poker we will, won't we?" Riker says to Worf and they both howl in laughter. " AYE, that we will." said Worf with a resounding roar.

Crunch and Snaders watch as Worf and Riker play. Peeking at their hands as they bounce around behind the two players chairs, making silly noises and bothering them. " Might we join in?" Snaders said to Riker. Worf just growled and Crunch and Snaders got the hint, they were not welcome. " Let's go see if we can find a powder monkey or two to get up our own little game, me hears their pockets they been a jingelin lately?" Crunch says to Snaders. " Aye, that sounds like a fine idea, let's go." The two smelly, half-drunken little deck hands go in search of their victims. Later, up on the stern, a small group of them now sit playing poker. Crunch and Snaders, and four powder monkeys.

Edited by Jeanway