Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Have You Read Bram Stoker's Dracula

Hve you read Bram Stoker's Dracula  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Hve you read Bram Stoker's Dracula

• Yes
    • No

If you read my Frankenstein thread you'll understand when I say I slept through this episode. This novel was apparently based on a long standing legend - although I thought I had read somewhere that it was based partly on a dream by the author.

This book too is very different from a lot of vampire movies- particularly the part about vampires walking about in sunlight. It was a very chilling book - some of the customs of the time would seem outdated by today's standards but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So what are your thoughts?

No I haven't, it's one of those books I have always meant to get around to reading but never have. I have a great deal of time on my hands at the moment so I will try it. :laugh:

Yes,i read it actually. Very good book

Van helsing is not the DRACULA canon though..Don't know why they are billing it that way

I read Dracula one Thanksgiving Day in college when I was stuck at school with no nearby friends or family. I shut all of the blinds and lights were off - to me, it's far more thrilling a read than more graphic stories...there's no better chill factor than your own imagination...

I seem to be in the minority of those who have read the book. It was a number of years ago but I found it to be rather boring. Maybe I should re-read it to give it another chance.

I read it a few years ago - it was pretty creepy, and I really enjoyed it. The only vampire movie that comes close to the book is "Dracula" starring Gary Oldman and Keanu Reeves.

I read it a few years ago - it was pretty creepy, and I really enjoyed it. The only vampire movie that comes close to the book is "Dracula" starring Gary Oldman and Keanu Reeves.

Maybe I won't re-read the book then. I thought that was one of the most boring movies I ever seen. Two people I was watching it on video with actually fell asleep.

I want to read it soooooo bad after Van Helsing!!! I now have a interest in vampires especilly Dracula and Vlad "Dracula" The Implaer Tepre (I think that how you spell his last name) If its as chilling as you guys say it is...i might just be scared :P