Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Invasive Procedures Question

I was just wondering about something. When someone is joined to the symbiont, aren't thier life memories integrated into the host. Spicifically, when Dax went back to Jadzia, wasn't she supposed to get every memory Verad had, even before he was joined. I ask because it seemed like he was ignored later on in the series. Ezri was host #9 but shouldn't she have been host 10?

Very good point! I wonder if the host has to integrate with the symbiont totally before the memory transference happens or s/he is counted as a full host. Jadzia mentions at the end that she can remember some of Verad, doesn't she?

She probably has some of his memories, but he was a host for such a short time so I doubt he was able to fully integrate.

She probably has some of his memories, but he was a host for such a short time so I doubt he was able to fully integrate.

And stealing the symbiont causing an almost death is not something to remember either.

I believe it is a matter of integration. If the symbiont had integrated fully with him then he would have died when it was removed and given back to Jadzia. If it was not removed then Jadzia would have died because once a symbiont and a host are integrated then they are co-dependant.

I have to agree that it is an issue of the length of time he had the symbiote. I would think that the sharing of memories would be something that happens over time and not something that is instant.