Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Voyager - After The Return Home

This post is dedicated to expressing your thoughts on what you hope happened to the crew of Voyager when they got home. The only regulations I want to try and impose is don't get angry at someone if you don't agree with what they think happened. Just say what you think may have happened. Hopefully the mods will keep that in check for me. Hope you enjoy my ideas, look forward to hearing yours!

Captain Janeway -

After getting her ship back from the Delta Quadrant complete with new alien technology, I think that Star Fleet would have at first made Captain Janeway a lecturer in deep space travel at the academy, then after a well earned promotion to Admiral, then I think Janeway would be put in charge of Star Fleet activites in the Delta Quadrant, overseeing all ship's making voyages to that area of space.

Commander Chakotay -

I'd like think that Chakotay got command of his own ship, maybe a Defiant class ship with a fitting name like the 'U.S.S Sioux' but if he wasn't given command and the made him stay as a first officer, I'd want him under someone very important. If for some bizarre reason Star Fleet would not except him then I hope he would return to what was left of his Indian tribe and spend his time telling stories of the Delta quadrant and taking hallucinogens.

Lieutenant Commander Tuvok -

In my mind, he return to Vulcan and began suffering from the 'Pon Farr', and went on to have another child with wife. Then I hope that Tuvok was made the instructor for a detachment of Star Fleet marines. After a while of that he would retire from Star Fleet a lot like Spock, only to be talked back into it by Janeway who wants him to train more marines as part of the Delta Quadrant exploration program, these marine would serve as protection for explorers.

Ensign Kim -

I personally hope that Harry Kim got promoted straight to Lieutenant Commander after returning home. Then, after giving a few lectures on the Delta Quadrant at Star Fleet Academy in San Francisco I hope he was posted on Deep Space Nine, under Chief O'Brien, I think they'd make a good pair... O'Brien could teach Harry a lot of useful things and Harry would make a good friend for O'Brien and Bashir.

Lieutenant Paris -

Obviously he would be put in charge of the mass production of the Delta Flyer, and he would spend the rest of his time as a flight instructor for Delta Flyer pilots. After B'Elanna finally passed away and his kids had reached adult-hood, Tom Paris would put in for a final tranfer. Then, one day after arriving at a Deep Space Nine, a Delta Flyer would go missing. Tom Paris would have gone to explore the Gamma Quadrant.

The Doctor (Emergency Medical Hologram) -

Eventually settled on the name 'Joe' (As seen in the final episode) and he then decided to take the surname 'Zimmerman' after his creator. To save him giving lectures at the academy Star Fleet made copies of his program including his memory. The Doctor (Joseph Zimmerman) protested against this in fringment of his rights and took Star Fleet medical to court, however a settlement was reached. The Doctor would be copied but all of his copies would be given the rights of any sentient being. After a lengthy Star Fleet career he retired from the medical profession to care for his dying creator.

B'Elanna Torres

Would assist Tom Paris in the mass-production overseeing of the 'Delta Flyer' and would finally make peace with her ghosts from the past - having excepted both her Human and Klingon heritage. She would also teach engineering at the Star Fleet academy and the Klingon academy. She would unfortunatelyt contract an obscure disease only would in Klingon/Human hybrids with would affect her life span... but she would die happily in her husband's arms.

Seven of Nine

Would be posted on the U.S.S Enterprise. At first this would be a very bumpy experience, Picard and her would not get along at first but then would come to better understand each other and empathise with one another. She would marry Chakotay and then serve on his ship, the U.S.S Sioux. She would also spend a little time relaying designs for alien technology used by the borg. Finally she would retire and settle with Chakotay on a remote planet populated by Native American Indians.

Neelix

Spent the last of his days with Dexa and her son Brax. When Star Fleet operation in the Delta Quadrant finally reached him his first words were:

"Can you tell Mr. Paris I've finally worked out how to make a Pizza!"

Icheb

Remained on the U.S.S Voyager serving as a tour guide to the ship turned museum. Then, he turned his attentions to Star Fleet academy, where he took an Engineering course. He graduated at the top of his class and then after reach the rank of Lieutenant commander he tranfered to command. Finally, when he was made a Captain he took command of a 'Shelly class' Star Fleet carrier named the 'U.S.S Hornet' which was sent to the delta quadrant as part of operations there. He was unfortunately killed during a run in with a borg cube, but the battle was a distinct victory which went on to be studied as a text book assault.

I was disappointed in the end of *The End Game*...I think they could of taken

5 mins for some closure.....Harry with his parents and Tom with his dad...etc

I got 2 books last year written after Voy got home and they were good, and

very possible knowing humanities history.....can't say more without ruining

it....

The books are 1) Homecoming and 2) The Farther Shore.....worth reading

if your a Voy fan....but my fav Voy book is *Pathways* :(

Read Homecoming, Part I and The Farther Shore, Part II. It has a TON of stuff in it about right after Voyager gets home

I see Chakotay teaching somewhere (could be StarFleet but probably not) or working on his home planet to make it a better place. Perhaps getting involved in the local gov't. there. (Wasn't the planet damaged by the Cardassians?) I don't see 7 & Chakotay remaining involved. She's too bright for him & I think he'd bore her silly. She needs someone who can challenge her. Perhaps Mr. Spock has had a son in the interim?

7's intellect and her knowledge of the Borg would place her in high demand. The same is true of Janeway (In reference to her knowledge of the Borg. After all, she defeated them many times.) I also think StarFleet would want to keep an eye on 7. Janeway and 7 would prob. continue their working relationship. Perhaps Earthbound for awhile and if Janeway decided to take another ship then 7 might go along as a civilian consultant. I think she & Icheb would have a rough time of it on Earth without Janeway -- as people would probably still be fearful of the Borg. (Icheb, to a lesser degree, as he doesn't have as many implants visible.) Assuming his studies in the DQ allowed him to graduated from StarFleet Academy within a relatively short period of time, I think he'd be assigned to Janeway on Earth and/or a ship at least at the beginning of his StarFleet career. Once StarFleet knew he could be trusted and people felt more secure with 'liberated drones' then things might change.

felix.gif

Edited by athena28

Read Homecoming, Part I and The Farther Shore, Part II. It has a TON of stuff in it about right after Voyager gets home

too bad it's not considered canon...

Guest -*capt.vash*-

thank god for somelse who has read this book!

and since this book is the licensed startrek answer to what happened after voyagers return home it actually IS cannon

yes so lets go:

Janeway:

Promoted to Admiral, Stays at SF HQ and teaches a class on the borg

Chakotay:

Given command of Voyager, sent on missions in *not-to-deep* space

Tuvok:

Becomes teacher of the class "out on a limb" in SF Academy, class specilizes in situations where there are no set procedures to work with

Harry Kim:

meets up with his girlfriend has fun for awhile before he is called for another mission

Tom Paris:

moves to the klingons holyiest planet with his wife Torres and thier baby Mithril

The Doctor (ECH):

After being un-recognized for his skill for some time he finds work in writing holo-novels: photons be free, and photons claim justice

Bellanna Torres:

Goes on a ritual to purify her soul with the ultier motive of meeting her mother upon return she decides to live on the klingons holy planet so she can learn to deal with her history and heritage

Seven of Nine:

Learns her name is annika, Leaves starfleet and goes to live in the country with her Aunt and slowwly assimilates into human life

Neelix:

lives happily with the people on his little colony world of talaxians

*doesn't have to kill kittens for good time anymore*

Icheb:

joins the academy and excels in all classes because he retains all knowledge that he deemed was neccasary for him to know as a drone.

Even though I know you're all right, I mean with Janeway becoming a profesor on the Borg, Seven marrying Chakotay and serving on some sort of science vessel, Tuvoc getting more in touch with his vulcan-ness, I still think that it would be cool if there was a whole other Voyager saga. With Janeway and Tom staying, however with a whole other crew. Before you start arguing this, don't. Because I alreay know 1) It's very vague and 2) There's no way in heck it could work.

there is a book out that tells of what happened after they got home. "home comming' basicly tom gets barfed on by his daughter. I feel sorry for tom when his kid begins teething.... when I was teething I got upper and lower and bit my dad's finger.

there is a book out that tells of what happened after they got home. "home comming' basicly tom gets barfed on by his daughter. I feel sorry for tom when his kid begins teething.... when I was teething I got upper and lower and bit my dad's finger.

251702[/snapback]

when I was teething, I bit my mom's finger till it bled... :dude:

I really can't see Janeway taking a desk job, no matter how hard I try. It just seems so... not her, in a way. She seems like the kind of person who'd want to be in the midst of the action, not read about it in a boring, stuffy report.

Actually, I don't think anyone on Voyager will adapt to life in the Alpha Quadrant. I sorta have this wild image of them yearning for home for seven years, and somehow turning it into more of a mythological place instead of what it was, rife with wars and all that. So when they return I somehow picture them being immensely disappointed and heading back out to another deep space assginment. But I really don't like that ending =D

Kathryn Janeway -- I see her remaining a Captain out of her own desire. She gets an offer for a newer, faster ship but remains with Voyager. She and Chakotay get closer in terms of friendship, especially after the whole Chakotay/Seven thing that was marring Endgame

Chakotay -- Resigns his commission. As much as he abided by Starfleet regulations in the Delta Quadrant, it was because he was left with no other viable choice. I can't see him following the orders of a group of people who just about signed his people's death certificate.

Tuvok -- He should go to Vulcan and get the neurological disease treated. And because the seven-year journey's too much for his pointy ears to take, he also resigns and spends more time with his grandchildren in a pretty human gesture. He also goes through the pon farr. Or did this happen on Voyager?

Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres -- Work from Starfleet Academy. Tom works in the Piloting and Navigational sectors, and works on improving the Delta Flyer. B'Elanna teaches a course because she wants to be near Tom and Miral would also grow up better on Earth than on a starship.

Harry Kim -- He finally gets that overdue promotion. Gets a great assignment, on Enterprise or something. He gets back together with Libby, who's waited all these years for him to return.

Seven of Nine -- Become's the Federation's leading expert on the Borg. Does covert operations to help safeguard the Federation against the Borg without sending the general public into a panic.

The Doctor -- Is given hair, and a name. Probabaly Joe. He remains on Earth, and also aids in the effort to protect Earth against the Borg. But I really like the idea of him caring for his creator.

Neelix -- Lives happily with Dexa and Brax. Maintains communication with former Voyager crewmembers through extension of the Pathfinder project.

I just realised that if all this really happens, most of the crew will be split up =P

And yes. Homecoming and The Farther Shore were great books. =D

Janeway

Changed her hairstyle 5747348 more times, before finally settling on a clean shaven head, which was the style for women at the time. Hired a contract killer to clip that dude who was her boyfriend in the first episode after learning that he didn't feed her dog for the seven years she was in the Delta Quadrant. Finally, died after falling into an artifical lake of coffee she had built in her garden.

Chakotay

Had the rest of his body and his pet cat tattooed. Led an expedition to the Amazon where he was successful in locating his long lost charisma which was missing for his whole time on Voyager. Won an Oscar for his role in a major Hollywood movie, but turned it down to protest Hollywood's treatment of Native Americans, except for Daniel Day Lewis in "Last of The Mohicans". Chakotay said that he was also very good in "Gangs Of New York" and "My Left Foot", but he fell asleep during "The Age Of Innocence" because Chakotay hates costume dramas like that.

Tuvok

Left Vulcan for a succesful career as West Coast rapper on Earth. Signed for Death Row Records, but left after two years to sign with P. Diddy's "Bad Boy Entertainment". He was clipped by Suge Knight in a drive-by shooting.

Harry Kim

Finally hit puberty at the age of 32.

Tom Paris

Divorced B'Lanna Torres and married Worf instead. Went to a shrink to cure his Klingon Obsession. Unfortunately his shrink was also Klingon, so he married her too. Took the Delta Flyer to "MTV's Pimp My Ride". They added a MP3 player and a Playstation 2, and some "fly rims".

The Doctor

Settled on the name "Jean Luc Picardo". Built a holographic family, lived in a holographic house, drove a holographic car. Cheated on his holographic wife with a holographic mistress. Was divorced and left ruined by a high price holographic lawyer and now lives on a holographic street in a holographic cardboard box.

B'Elanna Torres

Remained "FEISTY". :)

Seven

Met up with T'Pol and shook her head and said "Hey, I was like you, I was sexy and wore skin tight outfits, but at least I had an actual character and wasn't just "Star-Trek-Gratutious-Franchise-Killing-T & A-Who-Will-Embarrass-Trek-By-Posing-For-Playboy-With-A-Tricorder-In-One-Hand-And-A-Tribble-In-The-Other" :)

Neelix

Met up with Jennifer Lien and said, "I should have left the show when you did"

If only.....If only. :)

Icheb

Ah!!!! The "New-Kid-Introduced-To-The-Show"

He went skiing, saw a shark and jumped over it. :)

lol, some of your ideas are good, i personally would have liked it if they atcually shown some emotion when they had reached the alpha quadrant, i mean they spent seven years trying to get home a load of disappointment and when they finally get there they treat it as 'another day' no cheer no nothing!

I had to give my 2 cents lol

Jeanway- Became Admiral and discovered early signs of the sphere builders and an extremely powerful organization of races called the Xindi within the delphic expanse 40 years after returning home, led one of the first battles with Admiral Picard on the Enterprise-F against the transdimensional incursion and was succesful in halting the enemy advance on their galaxy. She returned to the Delta Quadrant on an Advanced Federation ship in an effort to gain the Voth's help in the Sphere Builder's war.

Chakotay - Spent 10 more years in starfleet and retired with Seven of Nine still in active duty on a planet in the Demilitirized zone, he gathered the remaining maquis and decided to help the cardassians rebuild from the Dominion war in an effort to gain their respect and trust.

Seven of Nine - Works at Starfleet Intelligence devising new technology and tactics to fight the Borg effecitvely. Seven is still alive during the First encounter with the Sphere Builder's and helps employs defences against Starfleet's new front against the Xindi and The sphere builders. She is the one that develops sheilding against the Transdimensional rifts that are opened by the Sphere's.

Tom and Torres - Works at Starfleet Training pilots and becomes 1 of the most succesful novelists ever joining jake sisko's company. Tom is still married to Torres and their daughter becomes a formidable fighter pilot and engineer. Torres becomes the Amabasador to the Klingon Empire after Worf gains command of his own ship The USS Blade (a new defiant mark II class warship).

Tuvok - Becomes an instructor at the Academy training cadets of Combat and Logic reckoning. He returns to vulcan for a year to catch up with his family and gains a special Vulcan prestige of Logic Master 2985. Tuvok gains command of The Enterprise-G and helps fight off the Sphere builders/Xindi invasion. Tuvok is just old enough to be there during last battle against sphere builders and devises an ingeious tactic to break their seeming impenitrable line.

Harry Kim - Gains Rank of Lieutenant and works aboard the Enterprise-F as Science director. Unfortunately he is killed during a battle with species 8472 after Picard recieves orders to close a rift to fluidic space.

The Doctor - Gets the Name of "Joe" and Marrys a human female, he also heads 1 of the leading research teams of Parasitic anomoly diseases. He is finnaly turned off after Sphere Builder war helping millions in dire need during the war.

Icheb - Work's with Seven at Starfleet intelligence devising ways to help the federation defend itself from advanced alien attacks. During one of the first encounters with the Sphere builder's, Icheb is taken by them and is never heard of again except for an Titanic Explosion within the Delphic Expanse which was caused by a special borg technology wich left traces of offline nano's. The blast destroys the Xindi's main Shipyards and cripples alot of their fleet efficiency in battle.

Edited by Carrion

janeway . sit at her desk wish was command of starship

Chakotay . i could one see possbaleites for him he ethier in comand of voyager it self as capatian.

tuvok . i could see one possableite teaching at the acamdey

tom paris . he probailtie writeing a holo novel

neelix . is probley is help rebuild his soctiy with all that starfleet knowlogly and he learn on the the way.

harry kim. is probely got a promtion

b 'lanna . she is probley have her hands full

doctor .holo photophater

Seven. probly with sicene some how

too bad it's not considered canon...

202866[/snapback]

Canon, shan-non! It's a good attempt in continuing the series. At least Harry Kim finally got the promotion he so richly deserved back in season four after he almost singlehandedly saved the ship. The thing is why Paris was busted to ensign only to be reinstated a year later as lieutenant. Why did Janeway gave Chakotay command of the refitted Voyager? I thought he was more interested in teaching at the Academy. Why did the author chose the Borg again as their main advisary? I was hoping Q would pop in to congradulate Janeway on her promotion to admiral. To me, Seven would make the perfect candidate for being an expert on the Borg. Maybe she will team up with Commander Shelby in the UFP's tactical analysis regarding the Borg Collective and how to deal with them.

sorry library time almost up, the short version.

Tom and B'Elanna- serve on the Enterprise-E, deeply sadend by Datas death.

Janeway-Chakotay- married

Doc and 7- Married

Harry- MIA

Just got a chance after the library.This is an expanded version.

Tom and B'Elanna- Got positions on the only surviving family ship, Picards Enterprise-E. B'Elanna and Geordy are co-chief enginers, Tom is the chief helm officer. They develop a friendship with Commander Data, they serve during the So'na, and shinzon attacks, are on the bridge when the Scimitar is destroyed.

Janeway and Chakotay- Get married after a year, Enterprise crew is in attendance. Janeway is promoted to Admiral and requests Chakotay as her ships captin.

Doc and Seven- Get married months after "Endgame" the relationship is tedious at first, but aafter she gats prgnant it imroves. Last seen in Paris.

Harry- Harry is promoted to First officer of the Defiant, under Kirk, (yes Kirk's alive). They get a mission into the Beta quadrent, and are not heard of since.

Sorry if tats deppresing, but look at it this way, at least Harry got promoted. :)

I see 7, Kes, and B'elana having a 4-way with me every night.

Everyone else - who cares?

7 probably, B'elena maybe, but not Kes she is too sweet for something like that.

I think really they would have stayed in touch for a while ... emails, coffee, maybe a night out ... and then drifted apart. It would be like working somewhere for 7 years and then leaving. You know what happens. There might be one person you'll stay in touch with but that's it.

Not Neelix. Neelix would be like that person you work with, maybe based in IT or something, always cheerful at work events etc but ultimately if you weren't working with him you wouldn't ever see him...