Sign in to follow this  
jorel

Gene Jr & Star Trek New Voyages

We're at it again! For the past several months we've been working on our second episode and hoping to up the ante a bit. I believe we have!

This past weekend we officially announced that, drum roll please...

:laugh:GENE RODDENBERRY JR :P

has signed onboard as an Executive Producer!

This is just one of many exciting developments in our Star Trek: New Voyages project that we can reveal now.

Filming starts this weekend on an incredibly fantastic script that I, personally, believe will blow you all away!

If he permits, I'll post a pic or two while he's with us filming... My initial post here had links to New Voyages web site as I was unaware of the change in rules on links in posts.

It has been beemed to the links forums.

Exciting times ahead for us at New Voyages!!!

:(

You have Gene Jr. !!!!!!

*tells scotty to set warp factor to nine and head toward the movie production site*

In my excitement for our first day of filming, I forgot to bring along my camera! I had hoped to be able to post a pic or two from that historic moment but will have to wait until to night to snap a few shots.

Hopefully tomorrow I can give you a peek!

That would be great..I look forward to the pics..This is such exciting news to have Gene Jr..working on your episode..

A few shots from day one of filming:

KIrk, McCoy & DeSalle

01.jpg

A stitched together panorama of sorts...

Click for Spoiler:

02.jpg

Another stitched pic...

Click for Spoiler:

03.jpg

:force: Wow, those pics look great..Too bad your navigator has her head down ! Who is that character ? I recognize Desalle from the first episode. So, how is the filming and story going ? Please keep us appraised of the progress of this episode..What date are you shooting for to be finished ?..Very exciting indeed..

We are shooting for an August release this year.

I thought it was kind of funny that Rand always had her face covered when the shots were taken.

We are keeping the storyline "top secret" but I can assure you it's a whopper!

Once more of the cat is out of the bag we will be able to release many more behind the scenes shots.

I'm going to do my best to keep daily picture updates coming.

I better stop typing and get my but back to the "studio".

Keep watching!!!

From last night's filming

DeSalle being... DeSalle...

kirk01.jpg

Our Favorite Comm Officer!

uhura01.jpg

Scotty "dsicussing" things with his Captain.

backshooting06.jpg

From last night's filming

DeSalle being... DeSalle...

kirk01.jpg

:thumbs: That's a great pic of Desalle.!! They are all good..I am so jealous of you guys playing on the set of the original Enterprise !!..I'm sure it's a lot of work too..Am anxious to see the final product in August and more updates here from you..

I see you went with the Captain's uniform with the gold on the shoulders..I like that one..So cool..

Bloopers are out of my hands... that's all up to our director.

Yes, we are having a lot of fun while filming but it is also a ton of work and the set get's HOT!

Lights, hot, hot , hot...

backshooting05.jpg

I am not going to bother seeing the next episode, due to the fact after I downloaded the first, I got spyware that came from the site. I am put off when someone does this to anyone.

I'm a bit of a skeptic.  Can you please proove that Gene Roddenberry Jr. is working on your fan-show?

Well, the fact that their first episode was VERY well received and these talented people have absolutely NO REASON to lie to us is proof enough for me!!

I am not going to bother seeing the next episode, due to the fact after I downloaded the first, I got spyware that came from the site. I am put off when someone does this to anyone.

I am curious where you downloaded our first episode from. We've had over 4 million downloads so far and this is the first time I've heard about spyware attached to our files.

Guest UB

I am curious where you downloaded our first episode from. We've had over 4 million downloads so far and this is the first time I've heard about spyware attached to our files.

I downloaded it and the next thing I know I am getting sex sites and advitisments about how large I can grow my privates. Sort of sick. If you ever come across the idea of uncompressed files I'll be happy. Sorry Jorel I also of people with the same problems, some of actually said it also comes from Cowscreek and from the downloads. I never went to the Cow Creek films site.

Kirk, that is not a good excuse to belive anything. You shouldn't believe in everything that you hear.

Hi,

does anyone know why the 5yearmission web site is down?

SI2000

Jack Marshall, director and webmaster of New Voyages, is curently on location for another week or so filming with very limited internet access. Whatever problem there is will be recitfied once he's back in teh editing studio.

Got home VERY late after filming on day 4 and didn't have the energy to post , had to get a few hours sleep...

Day 5 & 6 are set redesign and construction days. Not sure if we'll have any pictures of those... But keep watching, you never know!

Here are a few pics from day 4 of filming.

whoisit01.jpg

kirk2.jpg

Thought I'd give you a little "proof" as was asked earlier...

Here are a few pics of Gene, JR sweating right along with the rest of me and my PA crew. He jumped right in on his own. Can't thank him enough for his help. We were all a bit exhausted and dreading moving the corridorset (by foot) from one studio to the other until he jumped in. his energy perked everyone back up.

Thank you, Gene!!!

gene_04.jpggene_01.jpg

What's with the "technicolor character" ? :drool:

If I were to post all pictures taken while filming, I might reveal some of the many "suprises" we have in store... so you'll see some creative blocking from pics I post from time to time...

What sort of camera are you using to film these episodes? Is it relatively easy to do low depth of field focusing? Also do you use industry standard lighting? Is most of this equipment rented? I'm a film student, so naturally I'm very curious.

What sort of camera are you using to film these episodes?  Is it relatively easy to do low depth of field focusing?  Also do you use industry standard lighting?  Is most of this equipment rented?  I'm a film student, so naturally I'm very curious.

That's a question for our director. I understand links are no longer permitted in this area, so you can either do a search for Star Trek New Voyages or jump on over to the "Links to other sites" (last forum on in the Promenade section) where I'll post a link to both the New Voyages site as well as my personal site with daily pics from the set.

Sunday we finished the majoity of filming for episode 2.

Having Rod on set for the last week was "surreal" as many put it. He is a fantastic man and anyone who gets a chance to meet him will be blessed as we were for 7 days.

While Rod was with us he was interviewed by several media and the one thing he kept saying was, "... This is the closest to Star Trek since the original series... the Roddenberry name had to be attached to it." We are still stunned at this awesome compliment.

rodjim20th01.jpg

Rod & James Cawley

rodinterviewed20th01.jpg

Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry interviewed while on set.

rosejesspatrod22nd01.jpg

Rose, Jessie & Patrick chatting with Rod

rod22ndsml.jpg

Rod watching monitor as the camera rolls